DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] Converting moveable clutter into static objects

reality001

Hello,

Would any kind readers be able to offer an idiots guide towards converting a moveable item into a static object?

I'm creating a house mod, and find that the items on my elaborately laid dining table and shelves tend to end up on the floor. I'd prefer to fix them (or static duplicates) in place without sheilding them with collision boxes etc.

Best regards

James

I've figured it out, so thought I'd share the wisdom.

To change moveable items into statics I downloaded the BSA Browser by Fawzib Rojas on http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1395 and used it to open the file file Skyrim Meshes.bsa

I found the meshes for the moveable items, (silver tableware in my case) and extracted the .nif files to the Skyrim data folder to sit amongst all the other .nif files that you can download as a modders resource.

From there, I followed the instructions on creating a new item explained by Insanity Sorrow on TES Alliance

And I now have my nicely laid table that no amount of follower fail or accidental discharges of shouts will upset.