DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Seeking Advice on Removing Bandits and Monsters

CrisG9

OK i am starting a long held idea ..to edit out the bandits and monsters that lurk on the main roads..i want to be able to ride and explore peacefully.

I see markers marked Bandit so that is easy

but the monsters dont seem to have markers...i found some that say Lair, so i expect that spawns them...and can be removed.

but what about the M Markers that say Forest or Swamp or something like that? what are they for? are they for the weather system? that was my guess. some of these markers have a direction arrow..so i thought maybe they were monster spawns too but they are named for natural regions...

I dont want to mess up the climate or the game just get rid of the pesky spawns for the trolls, minotaurs, sprigans and the like. I am tired of having to stop to kill them each time i ride thru because my companion likes to fight ...

thanks for advice on this. it was odd i thought that the monsters did nt have spawn markers but i guess the lairs is for some of them.

I was wondering how the deer and the natural animals are shown on the map? i havent seen them but i often see them runing around near the roads so that was suprising to not come across markers for them...

Edited by CrisG9

Well all those markers you see with an M on it and some that have a directional arrow are leveled animal markers. Ones with regional descriptions mean that they are specific to that area.. Swamp could be crabs and swamp trolls, plains can be anything from deer to cougars and bears. Being leveled can make them vary depending on what your level is.

And if you are planning on getting rid of these then in the properties menu disable them and then drag them underground. Leveled bandits follow the same principals as the animal markers above if I'm not mistaken

wow that is great, well i may try that at some point, but i still have quests to do so i think i will just deactivate and drag the ones i want to turn off underground that is great adivce thanks Arion!!! just what i needed to know. I LIKE the deer and such, just want to get rid of the nasties...i wonder if there is nay way to find out what they are? i will try looking at the properties...thanks again!!!!

i just want peaceful roads for riding on, i dont mind the baddies in the bushes if htey will leave my horsie alone, they keep attacking my horse and it is not nice. !!

You can go to the CS to

Actors --> LeveledCreature --> LL0Deer100

and simply drag this into your render window, the creature marker will appear. Place them whereever you want them.

Or you go to Actors --> creature --> CreatureDeerBuck / CreatureDeerDoe

and drag the creatures one for one to the place where you want them to appear.