DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

AV resistances scripts

Dark_Ansem

AV: actor value.

I want to create new elemental damages for my mod. I want to expand on fire/frost/shock.

Matter is, to properly make this I should make new Actor Values with an associated resistance script.

Modders cannot create new AV. And even if we could, the Resistance drop-down menu is locked to the hardcoded resistance actor values.

So to do what I want I would be limited with perks (a method that would not allow enchanting nor would be accurate, as one would need 100 perks to make 100% resistance in order to mimic the existing system, and that would be impractical).

or you have a better suggestion?

All of them. And this is more an excercise to see if it would work, its just my musings on what I think should work...

You could have 10 damage effects. On each one you condition to see what resistance percent the player has, and only apply the amount of damage based on that resistance.

The game will then choose the one damage to apply based on the conditions you set.

If your having trouble with conditions, you need to give more information.

tis not an exercise, I am actually planning to do it.

can you make a few screenshots examples of what you say?

but how can I set a custom resistance if there are no actor values selectable other than vanilla ones? I was thinking of unused actor values, but that would still need a perk that I don't know how to properly set.

Edited by Dark_Ansem