DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Changing bow stretching sound with papyrus

majistik

Hi there,

I really want to change the sound of a (new)custom bow stretch or the sound of the arrow being taking from the back.

From my knowledge this is not something that is being done by simply chaning sounds in the CK (in contrast to after you shoot the arrow).

I have seen that the sound is configuted inside "bow_drawlight.hkx" but i dont know how to change it for a specific bow. I have seen in the weapon config in the ck that there is an option to add papyrus script maybe there is a way to add the sound there with "GetAnimationVariableInt" or "OnAnimationEvent" or something?

i know nothing little about this language :\

Thanks smile.gif

Thanks for the replay.

Its odesnt seems that this is something for the CK, I already opened several topics. I already tried to change all of the sounds parameters in the ck for the bows and for the arrows. Its impossible to make a change for specific bow or arrow from the ck..

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/664881-how-to-change-bow-sound/

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/858509-changing-bow-stretching-sound/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1431588-changing-bow-stretching-sound/

Thanks!

It depends on if the bow has an 'animation graph' that can be detected. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell what is on the animation graph.

But I suspect it would not work anyway, because weapons when equipped, become part of the player, they are no longer seperate objects.

I still feel it would be best to find where the sounds are in the mesh, and change them. But, I also suspect that they may be hard-coded to use nif material sounds, which you may not be able to change without changing the sound of all bows.

It depends on if the bow has an 'animation graph' that can be detected. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell what is on the animation graph.

But I suspect it would not work anyway, because weapons when equipped, become part of the player, they are no longer seperate objects.

I still feel it would be best to find where the sounds are in the mesh, and change them. But, I also suspect that they may be hard-coded to use nif material sounds, which you may not be able to change without changing the sound of all bows.

The sounds are in "bow_drawlight.hkx" i can clrearly see where the sounds are at this file is that helps?

I already made a code that run as a quest all the time to make my bow shoot random arrows, I can write it there for the player object aswell if i knew how to.

The hkx file is an animation file, nothing I know anything about.

If you have code that knows when the bow is fired, why can't you just play the sound you want then and there?

Other than some lag time, it might be okay. That is why I said a script solution is not the best route to play bow sounds.

If you know where the sounds are, you could also use a hex editor on the hkx file, and change the name of the file its using to play the sound, as long as you place your sound in the same folder path, and use the same number of characters for the file name, it 'should' in theory work.

The hkx file is an animation file, nothing I know anything about.

If you have code that knows when the bow is fired, why can't you just play the sound you want then and there?

Other than some lag time, it might be okay. That is why I said a script solution is not the best route to play bow sounds.

The sounds after the bow is being shoot is already changed, Its also possible to change that in the ck, the sounds before the shoot itself is the question

If you know where the sounds are, you could also use a hex editor on the hkx file, and change the name of the file its using to play the sound, as long as you place your sound in the same folder path, and use the same number of characters for the file name, it 'should' in theory work.

I dont have to use Hex editor i can also turn the hkx to XML and vice versa, the problem is if i change the sound there it will change it to all of the bows in the game (which is simillar to changing the sounds values in the ck or replacing the WAV files), I want it to happen on a specifig bow.. i cant let all of the bows in the game have angry birds sounds :)

Thanks for trying to help :D

Edit: i think i got the code working wait before you answer :D thanks

Edited by majistik

I have done it!

Thanks for the help anyway, WillieSea :D

Scriptname ABSoundBowQuest extends ReferenceAlias

Weapon property GlassBowABRandom auto

Weapon property DaedricBowABRandom auto

Weapon property OrcishBowABRandom auto

Weapon property EbonyBowabRandom auto

Weapon property GlassBowAB auto

Weapon property DaedricBowAB auto

Weapon property OrcishBowAB auto

Weapon property EbonyBowab auto

Quest Property ABSoundBowQst Auto

actor property selfRef auto

Sound Property WPNABDRW  Auto  

Weapon TempX

Event OnInit()

RegisterForAnimationEvent(selfRef, "arrowAttach")

EndEvent

Event OnAnimationEvent(ObjectReference akSource, string asEventName)

if (akSource == selfRef) && (asEventName == "arrowAttach")

TempX=Game.GetPlayer().GetEquippedWeapon()

if (TempX == (GlassBowABRandom) || TempX == (EbonyBowabRandom) || TempX == (OrcishBowABRandom) || TempX == (DaedricBowABRandom) || TempX == (GlassBowAB) || TempX == (EbonyBowab) || TempX == (OrcishBowAB) || TempX == (DaedricBowAB))

WPNABDRW.play(selfRef)

endIf

endIf

endEvent