DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY] Enemy NPCs unresponsive.

TripleSixes

For some reason, my npcs in my dungeon are not responsive... this isn't a new problem, but having searched for ages, I have turned up no solutions. The memory used in the cell is 30.60% full (48.04mb/157.00mb). I don't know if it is related, but I thought that if I included it, it may help give someone a better understanding of the situation.

1. Navmesh exists, and is accurate, and finalized.

2. I will try this.

3. Consoling into the cell, or to the worldspace leading to the cell, straight from the main menu (as prisoner).

4. This better not be so, but I will remake one of the known offenders, and see if it does the trick.

5. Is there an indicator that shows me how many NPCs I can put in the cell, how would Tyrannicon do his battle videos if this were true?

3. I am not sure consoling into the cell is a good way to test NPC AI. I always felt you needed a 'teleport door' to another worldspace or little bugs creep into your testing.

5. If you have an AWESOME computer (not a laptop, none of them are awesome) then you can have a lot of NPC AI processing going on.

I seem to remember there is an INI setting that tells the game how many active AI it will allow.

3. Noted, I will make sure to zone before testing AI. Also, I tested the AI over the course of 5 runs, and noticed a pattern. The first room of enemies are non-responsive, yet the other rooms have fully-aware AI. I have a feeling like I could spur all the AI into action with AI packages, and a few AI data tweaks. I'll be sure to read up on this issue as well.

5. I scoured the skyrim.ini and saw nothing that explicitly mentioned NPCs or AI, also went through the skyrimprefs.(ini?) as well. Skyrim's AI is frustrating