DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[SKY][Solved]NPC Traveling, Patrol Points or Packages?

Zeran

I am making a mod that has bandits traveling across Skyrim from one location to another, if the bandit group survives the trip they walk to another location and then back and forth.

So is it better to create patrol points between these far away locations or use the travel package? Also is there a good tutorial on how to use the travel package? I get really confused on how it works

Edited by Zeran

Patrolling uses a series of linked markers, it's not really as feasible across great distances. Instead, you may want to place xmarkers at the various locations and use a series of travel packages to send them to each marker.

If there's no immediate need, Im working on a tutorial series covering this subject but it's a few days coming yet. If you need specifics on travel packs now, I can help if you have specific questions http://tesalliance.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/aa_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... okay that would be great, but how far is a great distance? For example I had some bandits travel fro the Halted Steam Camp to Silent Moon Camp pretty okay using patrol markers... How far is too far?