DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Advanced companion | scripts, quests, etc

bradleybrand

Hello forum,

I am looking for guidance and support. I'm low-skilled with TES Construction Set, but I've done some basic stuff.

I'm inspired by the mod - Companion Vilja. I hope to make my own companion mod, way less advanced though.

I thought about the following NPC dialogue menu rough example:

• 1> Follow (armor equipped)
  • 2> Follow (armor unequipped)
  • 3> Wait here
  • 4> Stop following
  • 5> Talk topics
    • Generic
      • Oblivion Crisis
      • Cyrodiil
    • Current Location
    • Quest Talk
      • Canvas the Castle
  • 6> Give item(s)
    • Sweet roll
  • 7> Settings
    • Essential character (OFF)

One issue I face is getting my dialogue options in the correct order.

I lack scripting knowledge which is something I really need to achieve my goal, please help.

Wow. For Oblivion? It is good to see folks still lovin' this game.

Scripting for Oblivion is actually pretty straightfoward. I found it MUCH easier than skyrim, or fallout 4. OBSE lends a whole new perspective on scripting, and makes it MUCH more powerful. I used to do a LOT of scripting for Oblivion, but, that's been more than a few years ago...... Afraid I'm not much good with it any more.

Good Luck though. Folks here will help, and also the Oblivion CK forum over at Nexus can both be great resources. Unfortunately, we just aren't as busy here as we used to be.

7 hours ago, HeyYou said:

Wow. For Oblivion? It is good to see folks still lovin' this game.

Yeah, I still check Nexus Mods every now and then. Currently I'm trying to get Daggerblivion to merge correctly with the heightmap. I can't wait for Skyblivion too!

Scripting for Oblivion is actually pretty straightfoward. I found it MUCH easier than skyrim, or fallout 4. OBSE lends a whole new perspective on scripting, and makes it MUCH more powerful.

I have done some of the basics, but that is from following video tutorials. There isn't so many decent video tutorials for TES Construction Set (Oblivion).

I used to do a LOT of scripting for Oblivion, but, that's been more than a few years ago...... Afraid I'm not much good with it any more.

That's a shame. Ever made an NPC follower? Any information/guidance would be very appreciated.

Good Luck though. Folks here will help, and also the Oblivion CK forum over at Nexus can both be great resources. Unfortunately, we just aren't as busy here as we used to be.

Thanks. I've posted on Reddit, Nexus Forums, and on here. I even messaged a few modders too. Nothing to report back just yet.

The sad reality is modding for TES IV: Oblivion has died down a lot, but mods are still created till this day. The newer game engines, with their impressive game editors, offer so much more. Until Skyblivion arrives though, they don't offer the Cyrodiil in the events of the Oblivion Crisis, with all the Oblivion quests. I know of - Beyond Skyrim - too.

Folks are still modding for Morrowind. :) Although those communities are dying off, and just ain't many left any more. End of an Era when Great House Fliggerty went down. I understand the reasoning though. Life goes in. In the almost two decades Flig has been running the show, his life has gone thru MANY changes. Same for Darkrider here. This place used to be a lot busier... but, as time goes by, folks move on to different games. I think we have four or five really active members lately. And I'm one of 'em. I'm here every day, just to make sure the home fires are still burnin'. :D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2023 at 12:39 AM, HeyYou said:

Is it safe to eat???? :D

orcish cookies yes. id not eat any elven ones though, especially none of those telvanni-cookies... youll be levitating, seeing tentacles everywhere, youll run aroun naked with a sweetroll on your head, youll ramble nonsense, try to marry a skeever, and then youll fall asleep not remembering the last hours, and once you wake up your butt will hurt and youll smell like troll. we should all learn from chrissiearto :thumbup: