DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wrye Bash Wizards

l0new0lf331

Hello

Of all the mod managers I've used for Oblivion and Skyrim I prefer Wrye Bash.I want to now step into the frustrating world of script writing so I can create BAIN Wizard scripts for personal use and even to upload if I do a good enough job.Sadly it seems for Skyrim it's all about the Fomod.Not all but alot of mods are like this it seems.Where could I go to learn the necessary things to be able to write wizard scripts for myself and the community?Mind you my kung-fu is very weak as I never learned even the basics of scripts,programming laguages.

Thank You

Guest SilentSpike

Hey there, there's not much documentation on them, but you can find some dated information in the Wrye Bash technical readme.

However I recommend you simply check out wizards used in other mods and just have a go at making one by following through the procedure they use. You should pick it up in no time at all.

I, personally, learnt all I need to know to make basic wizards by looking at the one supplied in Brumbek's Static Mesh Improvement Mod  :) (It includes some notes too that tell you what each bit is doing and is a great example of how to effectively set them out)

Good luck!

Edited by SilentSpike