DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Sky] Custom Race issues

Emma1992

Ok so here is the deal, I have my race created all I need to do is add my custom texture and figure out how to make face presets. The problem I am having is when I change the skin of the race, it doesn't actually change. I don't know why. My skin has a custom tattoo on the lower back of the skin, which is why I believe it to not have changed sense the render window doesn't show the tattoo.

Any ideas what is going on? and how can i make a preset face(s)?

• Upvote 1

It's possible the render window just didn't refresh. Did you try to use F5 to force a refresh? Did you try closing the CK and re-opening?

For presets, I believe you have to create your own actors and add them to the list of Preset NPC's in the Race data.

• Upvote 2

There's a couple of things that are going on here that need to be addressed.

I fixed the texture so that it is working as it should and the tattoo is displayed ....

Couple of areas that need to be addressed are you need to get NifSkope so you can change the path of your meshes to the proper texture...

Next in the CK when you are defining your race, there are a number of places where the race is defined and the texture and mesh pathes are defined. First you have the race, then the skin is defined in the armor addon section under nakedskin(racename).

All the characteristics of the race need to be defined and seperated from the general character definetions or you will over write something and it will affect more than the race you are working on.

Your best bet at this time is to download a new race that works correctly in your game and uses the same body style that you are using. Take it apart and look at everything that race uses, nifs for hands, feet, facial features, hair, skin and then follow the same patten with how you set up your race.

There is a lot more to this than just editing a texture and expecting it to work.

At this point you have a texture that looks absolutely gorgous... It just a matter of defining it correctly in all the areas that it needs to be.

• Upvote 3

There's a couple of things that are going on here that need to be addressed.

I fixed the texture so that it is working as it should and the tattoo is displayed ....

Couple of areas that need to be addressed are you need to get NifSkope so you can change the path of your meshes to the proper texture...

Next in the CK when you are defining your race, there are a number of places where the race is defined and the texture and mesh pathes are defined. First you have the race, then the skin is defined in the armor addon section under nakedskin(racename).

All the characteristics of the race need to be defined and seperated from the general character definetions or you will over write something and it will affect more than the race you are working on.

Your best bet at this time is to download a new race that works correctly in your game and uses the same body style that you are using. Take it apart and look at everything that race uses, nifs for hands, feet, facial features, hair, skin and then follow the same patten with how you set up your race.

There is a lot more to this than just editing a texture and expecting it to work.

At this point you have a texture that looks absolutely gorgous... It just a matter of defining it correctly in all the areas that it needs to be.

Thank you for all of your help Arion, but i think a step by step with pictures would be more benefitcial at this point.