DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Getting NV and want to start out right.

donnato

Hiya folks, I`m anticipating the delivery of my new Fallout: New Vegas game in a few days and want to mave things ready. My questions are :

1. Is there a preferred installer for mods like NMM or Wrye..?

2: What is the latest update version, and where do I get it?

3: What about load order tools?

4: Mod cleaning?

5: Stuff I haven`t thought of yet?

6: How about a CS ?

Edited by donnato

1. I do manual installation, but I'm an old hat at Morrowind installs. ;)
  2. 1.4. If you're using the Steam version, Steam will automatically update it.
  3. You'll want BOSS and Wrye Flash.
  4. FNVEdit. BOSS will let you know if a mod needs cleaning based on its master list.
  5. If you're looking for mods of a...delicate nature, send me a PM and I'll send you some links. Nessa released some good female body mod conversions over on Wolflore. I've also heard good things about FOOK, but haven't tried it yet.
  6. You can download the GECK here. It's similar to Oblivion's CS and Skyrim, but was modified for NV/FO3. Note that you want the one for NV! Do not try to use the one for FO3 because it won't open your files properly.

I can give you some mod recommendations later, Donnato, if you want 'em.

I think you already found it, but Leveler's House has a number of unique items you may like.

Since I always use Ed-E as a follower, I usually found mods to 'enhance' the little eyebot since out of the box, he is pretty lame. Even when you upgrade him he is still weak.

Ed-E Avoids Traps

Ed-E Texture Replacer

Ed-E Heavy Weapons

Ed-E Stealth

Archive Invalidation Invalidated

Level Cap Removal

Emperical Weather

I like the "T6M Equipment replacer" mod.

Ok...game`s up and running...sweetly. Not going to worry too much about followers right now but I will soon. thank you for the management apps links... I`ll get those in first (well...Willie`s House was first, but...that`s a given..:P ) I think I`ll try Emperical Weather, next...just to test NVMM ... ot Wrye Flash...

Try creating a copy of the bash_default.ini and renaming it bash.ini (it should be in Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mopy). Then go to the line sFalloutNVPath=. and replace the period with your full NV path (e.g. C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas). Save and try Flash again.

:woohoo: Yup...that did it. Thank you so much Jac. WryeFlashNV is up and looks good.

EDIT: Well crap!! Now the Geck won`t run...Says  "...libvorisfile.dll is missing from my computer. Try reinstalling...yada yada..". I`ve deleted and reDLed 3 times now, and reinstalled each time. Last attempt went into my directory Data folder. Same problem each time.

ReEDIT: It`s the one thing I forget to try that always gets me. Installed to \common\FalloutNV .. and works just fine.

Edited by donnato

NVM. Glad you got it working. Just remember to install NV programs (like Flash, NVSE, GECK, etc.) to the main NV folder, and not the data folder. Only mods go into the Data folder. ;)

Edited by Jac