DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Wrong in-game shadow casting on my meshes

Torja

Hello guys.
I have some troubles with my new head mesh and eye mesh. I've copied shaders from vanilla meshes, but my own ones look very weird with it.
The eyes have no "hotspots" - only some gloss in the right eye, in the shape of the line. They receive some light from the bottom-right, constantly. Not only in the CK, but in the game too.
The face have reverse light - from the right. Just compare the original NPC head with my meshes:

o3ku.jpg

I need your help.

The meshes look fine, except maleeyes.nif. Remove the SLSF_2_DoubleSided option in BSLightingShaderProperties.

The problem is with your textures. All of them, except HumanEyes9.dds, have a white alpha channel that is unnecessary. I don't know if you did this on purpose or if whatever program you're using is adding them, but they need to be deleted and re-saved as DXT1 - no alpha. Leave HumanEyes9.dds as is, since it's masking transparency.

Hopefully this should help solve the issues.

• Upvote 1

About SLSF_2_DoubleSided - I've added it on purpose to make eyelashes shown when the eyes are closed.

Edited the textures. Unfortunately, nothing changed. But thank you anyway. :)

I suppose there is something wrong with the meshes, but I don't know what exactly.

Ah, good, good. The normal map did look a little off to me but I had no advice for it.

For the eyes, I would play with the coordinates of the Left Eye Reflection Center and Right Eye Reflection Center. Try to find the center of your eyes (you can do that by going through the list of vertices in the NiTriShapeData) and start from those coordinates, adjusting if you'd like.

• Upvote 1

Solved.

It was...wrong normal map channel casting again :) Now I just need to adjust eyes reflection center.

Thank you for your help, Hanaisse. It's so good to receive a support when you have a bump.

You're the best :)