DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Riften Depths: A World Under a City

AirtightSpring3

About a year ago I began work on a mod called Riften Depths, I was very inexperienced at modding then, and the mod did not turn out quite as I would have wanted so I stopped work on it. But now I have remade the mod adding the best aspects of all the mods I have made since (Have not published any mods since)

Riften Depths will add a large area under Riften with new dungeons, caves, and even a town. Here I will put a list of things that it currently has and has planned, I will add suggestions as I see fit, so please give me suggestions. The mod will be released in it's Alpha version once the town is completed and the quest to get into the Depths is made. 

Riften Depths - Features:
- Large town in a giant cave including guards, shops, a farm, a temple, an inn, a player owned castle and more. (Exterior, shop interior, temple interior, inn interior, and worker home interior are finished.)
- Entryway which will act as a main hub for Riften Depths. (Completed but will add more as more areas are made.)
- A large Nordic Dungeon full of treasures with custom enchantments and a handful of Dragur. (Completed but need to fix some Navmesh issues.) 
- The Shadow Caverns which will be a large sanctuary for many types of creatures and will act as the base for the Rangers of the Depths. (Some work on it done on my old mod but I will ostly be starting from scratch.)
- Either talking falmer who you can help turn into Snow Elves or a group of Rieklings who live in a cave system off the Shadow Caverns. (No work on this has began yet.)
- A questline which will eventually give you a custom voiced follower. (No work on this has began yet.) 
- Connections into Riften various places in Riften and a door from the Depths main room into the Ratway. (Will be added prior to Alpha version.)

So tell me what you think of the mod, and give me suggestions for future additions. The mod will require Dawnguard DLC due to the style of the castle. Thanks for reading!

Work Log:
- 8/27/2013: All interiors for the town, except for the player owned castle are completed. Scripting for things like the arena, and NPCs must be added. Tomorrow my goal is to work on interior Navmesh.

- AirtightSpring3

First Picture of the Exterior of the Castle and part of the Town.

5468649-1377663840.jpg

Edited by AirtightSpring3
  • Upvote 1

I am back from my trip and have started work on the mod again. Modding will be a slower progress now since I have just started school but none the less I am still working on it. I am also thinking about recruiting a team but I am not sure yet. Today I have finished the interior for the first floor of my three floor player home, the Castle of Riften Depths.

Today I created an intro quest with around 15 lines of custom voiced dialogue, it is a small quest but much is explained. I may re record the dialogue because I spoke to quietly for my liking. I am also looking into voice actors for the near future. I have never worked with other actors before so I will need to learn how to import their dialogue but I will be contacting a few voice actors whose samples I have listened to on TESAlliance in the near future.

WillieSea: That's no problem I think I should be able to get it all done myself over time, just will need scripting help from various people now and again. But I did just do the scripting for a quest which is fully functional.

Edited by AirtightSpring3

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. I have been very busy with school and have not had much time to do modding work. I contacted a voice actor for my first quest and he did the lines. They turned out amazing, and I would highly recommend metaljoemac as a voice actor for other modders. In the last week I have got the arena working with some difficulties, figured out how to convert the MP3 files to WAV and will now convert those to FUZ in order to make them smaller, and have worked some on the interior armory for the castle, trying different designs for the first three rooms.