DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Citrus' Consistency Tweaks

Citrus

Well, this hasn't been touched in what, 8 months? It was on hold, almost indefinitely, but now it's back.

The goal of this mod is to add some consistency to the world of Skyrim; I use "consistency" the same way other people use the term "immersion": your mileage may vary. Basically, I aim to de-level some of the levelled things in Skyrim, things I believe should have never been levelled in the first place, along with ironing out a few kinks here and there. All these tweaks are listed below. It'll cover unique NPCs, some levelled lists and ultimately the fabled daedric armor and weapons and other high-quality gear that should just be laying around or be the property of poorly-equiped and ill-prepared highwaymen.

It does not intend to be exhaustive in its approach; things like potions and alchemical ingredients will stay in levelled lists just like they were because I find it conceivable to find them inside a tomb, but an Orcish Battleaxe in every other tomb... well, not so much.

Skyrim will be covered in first place, then Dawnguard, then Heartfire, then Dragonborn. They will all be independent from each other so people can mix and match. I'll start with individual NPCs (I'll scour this whole list), then move up to levelled lists and then take care of the hand-placed loot and everything related.

Individual NPCs:

• Dawnstar:
    • Silus Vesuius now wields an Ebony Dagger of Winnowing instead of a levelled dagger;
    • Erandur's level capped was bumped to 60 and he now wields an Elven Mace of the Blaze;
  • Riften
    • Mjoll now carries a simple Dwarven Battleaxe to fill in for Grimsever and has no level cap; after all, she's just like you, or used to be...
    • Unmid Snow-Shod no longer hates elves but wears their armor - it's now steel and iron;
  • Riverwood:
    • Delphine's elven dagger and orcish bow were swapped to more sensible weaponry: enchanted steel dagger and hunting bow;
  • Solitude:
    • Swapped Bolgeir Bearclaw's vanilla sword for a Steel sword;
  • Whiterun:
    • Lydia no longer has a level cap; she now wears banded iron armor with steel gauntlets and perfers 2H weapons;
    • Hrongar can now live up to his statements...
    • Farkas now wears full Wolf armor as everyone else in the Circle (besides Aela, I know...);
    • Aela now has steel arrows and has no level cap;
    • Athis now wears heavy armor (full iron armor) to go along with his class and the level cap is now at 60 (for being an expert trainer...);
    • Torvar now wields a Skyforge Steel War Axe to go along with his comments (he says he prefers axes and maces to swords, yet yields one on vanilla);
    • Ria and Torvar are now slightly more useful due to having an upped level cap (40); Ria also wears a mix of iron and hide armor to better go with her class;
    • Njada has the level cap set to 60, for the same reason as Athis;
    • Kodlak is now a true bona-fide badass as one would expect - minimum level of 20 and no level cap. Still on the fence about giving him a weapon...
    • Commander Caius no longer has access to daedric weaponry! Just steel for you, but enchanted. He now levels up like all guards do;
    • Same for Sinmir... an enchanted steel battle axe and levels up till he hits 50;
    • Maurice Jondrelle is now essential, just in case...
Edited by Citrus

• 7 months later...