DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

need help with automatic closing doors

dustierapple

i have started making a house mod for the first time and i have used this script below to make the doors close automatically and it come up with a error that says missing EOF at 'if' could anyone tell me what is wrong with this script. to make this work.

Scriptname closedoorscript extends ObjectReference  
{script to close door after being used}

float timer
short doWhat

Begin GameMode
	if ( getlocked )
	else
		if timer > 0
			set timer to timer - getsecondspassed
		else
			if doWhat == 0
				set timer to timer + 1
				set doWhat to 1
				return
			elseif doWhat == 1
				lock 100
				set doWhat to 0
				return
			endif
		endif
	endif
End

"Missing EOF" stands for "Missing Event or Function"  in Papyrus, which is a little confusing. What that means is that the compiler found code that is not contained within a proper "Event ... EndEvent" or "Function ... EndFunction" block. I'm not sure where you got your "Begin GameMode ... End" statements from, but those are not what Papyrus is looking for.

You might want to take a look at the Papyrus Basics tutorial in this forum and the scripting tutorial series at the Creation Kit wiki. Bookmarking the Scripting Reference in your browser is also a good idea, since it contains information about nearly every native script and function in Papyrus, plus a selection of sample scripts, lists of error messages, SKSE functions, and other useful material.