DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Missing LOD

Carah

This is my first time messing around with Height Map Editing in the Construction Set. I wanted to fix an issue I was having with one of my house mods, that would only appear when you almost got to the door. It fixed the issue with my house mod but as you can see in the picture below my distant LOD is missing.

MissingLOD_zps5a7aa784.jpg

For that last couple of days I've been trying to fix this by removing then re-installing my LOD in meshes, and the Distant LOD I've generated through TES4LODGen. When that didn't work I un-installed and re-installed the game, making sure I first removed anything that could be causing my LOD to be missing. 

I'm not having very much success with my methods, and would love someone to throw me a rope as to why this has happened and how to fix it. :)

Take care,

Carah

Edited by Carah

I'm not sure how much help I can be in this but from my experience unless you created a whole new landscape I don't understand what LOD you have in meshes. TES4LODGen should from my experience generate a complete LOD for your game based on ALL the active mods in your game at the time it is initialized. I might be wrong but that has been my experience.

PS.. I never generated LOD for any of my house mods through the CS.. If you did that I'm not sure how TES4LODGen handles that or if it does.

Edited by Arion

Thank-you Arion for your reply.

I know very little about height map editing and it's difficult to find a decent in-depth tutorial. I do run TES4LODGen every time I remove or add a mod that affects the distant landscape, but in this case I don't think it will do much good, though I have used it a number of times since this issue.

Its been a while but when I was working on one of my houses I inadvertenly created the LOD for a couple of cells and I remember that it caused me some problems. But its been so long ago I can't remember exactly what the issue was and I was using TES4LODGen as well. I eventually fixed it , but I'm not sure if that was because I started over a few times as I was learning how to edit landscaping.

Wish I could be more help.