DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Errors encountered while attempting to reload the script

DwemerManiac

Hi.

I 'm absolutely beginner,novice in learning any  script languages. That's why I try to understand how SCK Papyrus scripts work, how to use them by watching full examples (f.ex. from tutorials). I've tried to watch,peek some scripts from Skyrim.esm, or from other modders work but when I find some Quest in World Objects, go to last tab-Scripts and try to Edit Source, there is no possiblity to do this. When I double click scripts name, the error message appears :"Errors encountered while attempting to reload the script"

Is there any way to watch those scripts?

I know that there is some interesting quest in vanilla or DLC Skyrim, or in sbs mod, and I would like to do sth similar to it in my own quest mod. So I would like to see what I should tdo in every tab, step by step, especially in script tab. But there is error, and I cannot do nothin to see, to learn, how it should lokk like?

Any suggestion how can I do this?from where can I get a lot of full, example scripts, tutorials, how to do various types of quersts?

Only type of quest I managed to do (to copy according to the tutorials) is:

1)speak with sb

2)he will give you a task- kill bad guy and return me my sth (amulet,sword,etc)

3)I kill bndit, take item, give it back to the owner and he gives me reward, end the quest

If the modder did not include the un-compiled scripts then you can never look at them. Period.

As for the un-compiled DLC or vanilla game scripts, steam should update the game with those available for you to load.

The DLC will be placed in the scripts\source folder in the DLC folder name. I think you have to copy them to the source folder to see them.