DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

HearthFire Editing Question?

AirtightSpring3

As near as I can figure, the only way to separate out one room and its contents is to use the filter box in the Cell Window to find all of the objects in each competing room, then select them all and press the "1" key twice to hide them. All objects for a given room share a common prefix, so this isn't as hard as it might be. But it still seems to leave a lot of clutter around that isn't prefixed by the room ID.

Edited by BrettM

You can also draw a box around the objects you want to become temporarily invisible. This selects multiple objects. (You can also CTRL+Click to add objects to a growing selection of objects.)

Then you press 1 to make them unselectable but visible, and press 1 again to make them totally invisible.

If you want to see them again, press F5 and wait a minute while everything reloads.

I would have my entire interior cell replace Lake Views but I am going to try release each room separately for those who want to use them with other mods. For example, I just finished some edits to the Green House, but I also want my edits to be compatible with Shezrie's Hearthfire Kitchen. Meaning I can't replace the entire cell. I think I will just copy in my items from a cell I make, and post in the description to use if you have not built anything in the room it is built in. The main reason I'm doing this is to get better at interior design for my larger mod I am working on.

Let us know if it works! I love Shezrie's kitchens and was thinking about making some similar mods one of these days. A quick look made me put the idea aside for now, because it is obviously going to take some serious digging to figure out how she did it. I wish one of the people who has figured out the tricks would write a tutorial on Hearthfire modding!

Its my guess that its all 'enable and disable' logic.

With scripting, you can also 'determine' if the player has another mod installed. I did this in my levelers Tower mod to determine which DLC the player has installed. I then made it so the DLC items were available in my mod. I even placed dynamically DLC items if the player had the DLC installed. (sleepable coffins for vampires, for example.)