DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[help] Activator message box and Staff of Magnus deactivate script

Elianora

So, you alls are gonna see my mod before I release it officially, because I've got this problem. 

1) I have a magical barrier plus a collision plane in front of the door. There is a script that's supposed to disable the barriers once they're hit with Staff of Magnus. That doesn't seem to work. Leianne has promised to help with the script.

2) I have a TARDIS in the Underkeep. I'd love to have an activator all around the box that when player activates it / tries to get in the TARDIS, a message is displayed saying there's definitely something going on but you have no idea how to open the weird blue box...

I'm passing out as I've battled this mod all night and it's 5 AM soon. I'll check back in the morning :)

Oh and if anyone knows if the burning carriage and horse stuff in front of my house is gonna disappear eventually that'd be a relief ;)

Help is much appreciated lovelies <3

Oh, the file.. Here is be it: [retracted]

♥ If anyone steals it I will gently rip your face off ♥

edit: Also I know not all the meshes and textures are packed properly yet, stupid CK doesn't like me at 5Am, I'll fix that tomorrow as well............

Edited by Elianora

Arrgghhh the link thingee doesn't work and this is the third msg I've tried to send you!!  frustrating!

Okay ...

So I did up the scripts - one is a new magiceffect attached to the staff of magnus that should disable both the collision barrier and the magical barrier (added my own script to it). But I can't test it, because I get a CTD everytime I try to load the esp.  You'll have to test it for me. It's set to only work when at the location of your mod exterior.

I also added the msg thing to your tardis - you can change the message to whatever you like - it's called MzadahrkTardisMsg01 that should work just fine, not sure if you need a 'close' button, because again, I couldn't test it.

Let me know what works and what doesn't - I have to get to work, but will be available when I get home no problem :)

You can get your esp file here: http://www.telus3.net/public/lhenry99/File/  The changes are in there :)  The new magic effect is StaffEffectDwemerDoor if you want to have a look at it. Should offer the same visuals/sound as with it's regular use, but should only disable the two barriers.

Darn it - I just found your 'magical barrier' LOL!!! Okies, so if you check my script, it should make the collision barrier disappear AND your door LOL!!  If you want to fix that, go into Magic Effects ... find 'StaffEffectDwemerDoor' go to the script on the bottom right hand side - click on the script, then select properties - on the Property 'myMagicalBarrier' select it, then go to the dropdown on the top right and select FXDLC1SCWispWall :)  Select okay, then okay again :) you should be good!  Hard to find your barrier just looking at symbols LOL

I'm off to work ... be back around 4:30 my time.  Let me know how it's going!

Edited by Leianne

I am so absent minded and didn't find these until now. I've been battling trains and public transportation and cleaning up my mod all night XD I will test all the things and should have some answers to you when you get back :)'

THANK YOU 3<3<3<3<3

edit: But the telus3 link doesn't work ;__; OK I'll wait until you're back and then we can go in the chat and be awesome and make script magic happen

Edited by Elianora