DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Get Effects of Potion

LegendofThunder

Until I had a closer look into the possibilities of SKSE I wasn't even going to look at this as being part of my quest/tutorial.

I need to guide the player into creating specific potions, while I don't think it's possible to actually check the ingredients that were used in the creating of the last potion, I know I can look at the MagicEffects.

This will give me some degree of control over what the player can brew in order to complete the specific objective.

I found this function:

MagicEffect Function GetNthEffectMagicEffect(int n) native

However, I have no idea how to utilize this as I am unable to find a list of what exactly should be returned.

Without specifically going through and coding the uses so that this pops up in a Debug.MessageBox I am feeling slightly overwhelmed with this function.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a list of the MagicEffects or how this function would return all of them?

It's in the SKSE downloads.

src\skse\scripts\modified

edit:

int count =

; return the number of the effects
int Function GetNumEffects() native

and

; return the magic effect of the specified effect
MagicEffect Function GetNthEffectMagicEffect(int index) native

Should help. :)

Edited by schatten

It's in the SKSE downloads.

src\skse\scripts\modified

edit:

int count =

; return the number of the effects

int Function GetNumEffects() native

and

; return the magic effect of the specified effect

MagicEffect Function GetNthEffectMagicEffect(int index) native

Should help. :)

I'm having some trouble using SKSE functions in the Creation Kit. Not sure how to get them implemented, I installed SKSE as part of a mod I downloaded prior to starting mods myself and have since re-installed SKSE again just to be sure however I still cannot use the functions.

I understand how the functions work, my problem lies in where I would use them. I assume I'd use them when a potion is created but I can't find the scripts to edit for that, despite looking at the Alchemy Tutorial quest.

Alchemy and enchanting are built into the game engine, rather than being controlled by the scripting system. That is why, for example, it is impossible to add a new potion, so mod authors end up using the cooking interface when they want to combine ingredients in novel ways.

I'm having some trouble using SKSE functions in the Creation Kit. Not sure how to get them implemented, I installed SKSE as part of a mod I downloaded prior to starting mods myself and have since re-installed SKSE again just to be sure however I still cannot use the functions.

What are your issues with using the functions? You need the source files to use the functions, make sure you have them. They are included in the archived version of SKSE, not in the installer version.