DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Credit Challenges

DarkRider

Here is the link to my Extra Credit Challenge (The Basement):

If it is allowed at this time, my Sidebar challenge is also already up at this link (along with the Basement Challenge and Lesson #3 and #4 homework and extra credit.  I realize you are swamped with business at this time, so was trying to ease your burden by having them all done and waiting to catch you when you get a moment free.
Edited by mALX

Here’s my submission for Credit Challenge 01: The Underbuilding.

I designed my basement to serve as additional living space for the owner family and storage space for the shop. I used interior walls and animated doors to define the living/dining room, bedroom, hallway, and storage room. The required columns are in there, they’re just hard to pick out since they are attached to wall parts.

Overview with NavMesh.

NavMesh only.

Trap door.

In-game view from door landing. (looking straight down hallway)

Dining table and winter kitchen in living area. (looking right)

Study table and player bookshelves in living area. (looking left)

Storage room view 1.

Storage room view 2.

Storage room view 3. (See the little dotted line at the ceiling? Turns out I had duplicated an entire basement piece. Oops! I fixed it but included this picture to show the mistake.)

Bedroom view 1.

Bedroom view 2.

I haven’t made the interactive bookshelves yet since that’s beyond the scope of the class. I hope it’s OK that I left those shelves empty for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Credit Challenge 02: The Crafted Sidebar

I made my side porch into a summer kitchen. (I put some stone down under the fire, because yikes. Fire.)

Here are some in-game views:

Dining table.

Crafting.

And the NavMesh:

Here it is.

Just the mesh.

I hope I got what I needed to show in the mesh pics. I’ve been at it for a while and every time I close my eyes I see red triangles. Hopefully some of them are in the pictures.  :wacko:

Here is the link to my Extra Credit Challenge (The Basement); as well as the Extra Credit Challenge (Sidebar):

If it is allowed at this time, the Extra Credit Challenge Shack is also completed (as is Lesson#4).   I was not trying to abuse any class rules, just realized you were swamped with business at this time, so was trying to ease your burden by having them all done and waiting to catch you when you get a moment free.

Er...my points earned so far should be 95, they are only showing 85.  

(It should reflect all four class lesson homework assignments plus the extra credits for each; all three Extra Credit Challenges - Basement/Sidebar/Shack;  plus you said you'd give me an extra 5 points for creative use of statics).  

• 3 months later...

Credit Challenge 03: The Outbound House

I designed my outbuilding as a dirt-floored tool shed with storage and elements from the nearby garden. I left one end open because I like it that way, but I can put in a floor and end wall if that would be better for this exercise. Imagining wheeling a cart in and out of the little door made me knock the side wall down. :lol:

Practice really does make altering NavMesh less painful. I jumped for joy when the green lines finally popped up. :)

Here are the pictures:

Whole cell showing new green border parts.

ylkpQyY.png

Just the NavMesh.

uPfw4Es.png

Closeup of shed NavMesh.

ZTYpUQS.png

Dock and boat with NavMesh.

1pEjSvT.png

In-game view of garden shed.

kJjELUe.png

Open end for light, access, and view. (And to prevent vampire neighbors from sneaking up on you.)

NUmJFHv.png

Garden tools and supplies.

somW7hw.png

I made the garden area flatter and built the shed into the hill.

uJL5J7u.png

I suppose instead of a sloped or raised floor I could have made a terrace. Hmm…

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Grits, looks pretty great! I would move the pathing under the dock out from under it to prevent traveling NPCs from trying to travel through there. Other than that, nicely done :good:

Oops, I didn't think of that. I'll fix it before I get to the next part. Thank you, DarkRider!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I guess while I wait for my 4th class to be graded.. I'll start on these.

Also how do you do the spoiler tags?

The Underbuilding

rDn1wa9.png

Trap door with link and nav mesh update.

i0uK37g.png

Said we could decour the basement how we wanted right? I opted to go off center to make a divide to split the room. I also extended it a bit further;

7EdbzkH.png

Saw the well bit and couldn't resist playing with it.

AAGhktS.png

Full nav mesh.

VBRgXZP.png

Lighting

The Crafted Sidebar

http://i.imgur.com/xdlYQJ9.jpg

I went with a very dainty outdoor dinning area.

9ooSkh4.jpg

Some potted plants to brighten up the place, as well as the hanging light. (I dimmed it a bit after this shot was taken)

NYYHdto.png

Navmesh updated.

Now to wait for lessen 4 to be graded and I can do the shack.

• 4 weeks later...

The Outbound House

Time for more fun with the shack kit.

aGLi8EO.png

Set up like a fishermans shack.

SAFizPP.jpg

Back end side has a work bench for fishing rod repairs, and theres a tanning rack on the side for.. fishing gear?

v8Gx1C0.jpg

Rather cozy inside, with a place to prep the fish caught, a bed for resting and a cook pot to cook all them nommy fishies.

PMxs588.jpg

Lets not forget a place to eat the fish as well.

fAOSCkf.png

Nav mesh (roof bits hidden) No mesh was deleted but man some of it is really streched out there.

8pEwhhV.png

Disspite what it looks like there is no overlap in the water, thats just some points being higher then the rest due to the rocks out there. But the area is realllly tight.

mCSjWY9.png

Reallly tight. A whole lot had to be moved for this x.x

• 6 months later...