DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

CK Basics: Lesson #3

DarkRider

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My interpretation of this lesson: http://imgur.com/a/icSH9

Nice Brady, I would move the mapmarker a little further away from the steps to allow good clearance for horses and parties fast traveling in, otherwise you're good to start  Lesson #4 and the Credit Challenges :good:

I am sorry I have not been more attentive to this class, but I am still interested. The rule here is studies come first, and they have not been easy this semester.

No worries, this is a work at your pace course, some folks have RL interruptions that take them away for months, it's not going anywhere. Good Luck with your studies! :yes:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

erm... my horse got thirsty?

Looks great you can start on Lesson #4 and the credit challenges :clap:

Don't worry about the roster you have the points I've just been mobile all week due to an overly warm office and the mobile post editor messes up the roster when I try to add points, I'll update it when I get to my desktop next :D

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I look at my mod in the CK I can see grass, but when I go into Skyrim all I see is the ground textures with the odd tuft of grass or vegetation :(

Found the ini tweaks on Page one that fixed it!

Phew, I am still new enough to this to think that I had broken it somehow :)

On with the Extra Challenges on Lesson 3!

Edited by robcbwilson

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

-snip, useless-

Question: Is there any way to scale markers? I ask as I have a hidden cave I'm working on along side this for my thief but the marker sticks out so far the marker triggers before you find the cave. Looking at the world space's I seen markers that look to be huge to cover a large area, or small for little nooks. But I can't seem to be able to do the same.

Edited by IronBlockGames

Hmmm, the cell choice is not really optional for this lesson, you have to build in the same place everyone else does as there were specific tasks to perform based on that specific terrain, I don't really have the same rubric to grade this based on a different cell. This area is also expanded by future courses.

From Character Design:

HalfMoonOverview.jpg

The purple tagged structure is from this lesson, as you can see the whole area gets developed by the Character Design course including the alternate cell you selected. As you didn't complete any of the tasks in wilderness cell -12, -14 but I can see you hit some of the required items, partial credit is probably the best I can give you for this submission unfortunately. :(

You could rebuild in the correct cell to get full marks or head to Lesson #4 and the Credit Challenges. :ok:

Also, you should not be using these assignments toward a release mod, the stuff you build in the course is meant to be non-release. Your release mod would be the final exam which is not the same as what you do in the lessons.

For your map marker, you will likely want to set it as disabled and then use a script to enable it once the player as been inside the cave, for example after a specific enemy is killed, or item found, a script attached to those could enable the map marker for future use. Ive never tried scaling one, don't think that's possible for map markers. :good:

Wow really? I didn't think it be so strict on placement. I mean this cell had the same issues shown in the lessen with stuff to move out of the way and land to shift, even a large tree stump. Never seen someone go 'no credit cause another lessen is taught here'. So much for creative freedom.

I hate remaking thing's, they never come out as good as the first go. :confused:  This was looking so nice too.

I awarded partial credit for the things you did, but you didn't follow the directions, that is the sole reason you didn't get full credit and that's pretty standard on homework everywhere, in any form of instruction on the planet. ;) It wouldn't really be fair to all the folks who did follow directions to just give you full marks for being yourself and disregarding the outline; that it conflicts with the next course was just an additional point.

Modding is all about creative freedom, and once you finish the course you can have all the creative freedom you want, OR you can audit the course and just work through it on your own as you like without participating for points. But as outlined in the intro to this course, if you want the points you have to follow the directions as outlined. :)

Just hate redoing things. Nothing really said solid that it -had- to be that, it sounded more like a means to show how to locate a cell to use 'this is where I'll be showing it". But whatever. With how much the CK crashes it's just annoying, and restarting again from the start to remake this is just ugh.

Least it let me place in the walls this time and SAVE before having a fit.

Alright, round two.

What makes the CK crash so much? There are times when it runs smooth but more often than not the slightest touch makes it go poof. It makes working on anything take much longer than it should. Remaking the inside of this it felt like every time I turned the camera or placed something down it trigger a crash.

Top view

top view with lights

front porch

horse area and chopping block

wall and well

Edited by IronBlockGames
adding screenies as attached files didn't do what I exspected.