DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Unofficial Aleswell Expansion

Vereta

When you say "A full blown story or a few short quests" it makes me wonder what your scripting capabilities are, for starters one or two quests would be ok, and it can get tough to alter existing quest locations.

You can actually make a fairly complicated quest without any scripts whatsoever. Just using dialogue and a few result scripts. Result scripts are nothing to be shy of, you can look at existing quests to get a feel for what they do. They're just one line scripts tacked onto dialogue or queststages to set certain actions.

Best advice I can give you is plan a small side quest first, like a meet somebody, get commissioned for a task, complete the task, get reward, type scenario. Just something really small. Once you get a hang of the process you can expand the size and difficulty of your questbuilding.

This tutorial http://cs.elderscrol.../Quest_Tutorial

And this dialogue tutorial http://cs.elderscrol...alogue_Tutorial

Should give you a good start!  aa_biggrin.gif

Post a new thread if you have questbuilding related issues and we can help!

But... But... No Quest scripts?    *starts hyperventilating*    Must... Have... GLOBAL VARIABLES!  aa_tongue.gif

Hehe, dialogue results would do fine for short quests.

• 4 weeks later...

No. Sorry to say that I've been busy trying to get my internet browser to let me get into specific sites (one of them being TESAlliance.) Unfortunately, I couldn't fix it so I had to run a system recovery. I'm like a magnet for bad luck. :)

On the bright side, I'll be working on this from here on out as well as updating my samples to some of a bit higher quality. XD

DarkRider, It'd be great if you could lock this. I plan to open a new thread that is more drawn out with planning, writing, and suggestions will be asked to you guys to see what you guys would want to see in this mod story wise. I'm rebuilding this.