DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Fort Elianor - Heartifre styled Fort and Player Home

iWilliBlecha

H8JPSRK.png

GENERAL INFORMATIONS:

Fort Elianor is my newest project. Thanks to DarkFox127 and all the tutorials on TESA I decided to push myself once again! After making a few player homes and shop overhauls, I thought it is time for something bigger, better! I love hearthfire! The concept of building your own home, haveing to gather the materials you need, then hire bards, get a steward and move in with your children, it is something I really enjoyed. So do a lot of other people I guess (yeah, there are also a lot of other people who dont own hearthfire, srsly, just buy it already!).

So, while building a house was cool, it was not enough for me. Not even quite! I wanted walls, guards. Hire NPCs and stuff. While there are some mods on the Nexus and the Steam Workshop which gives you these options, it felt to easy and it was just not enough for me again! I also love Skyhold from Dragon Age. But honestly, in Skyrim it would be far to much work and probably end up being one of these empty looking, to big places. I dont want that.
So, after a long time of planing I finally have the skills and the time AND the will to make what I always wanted:

A fort with a player home you can build hearthfire style with hireable NPCs and Economy! Maybe even more in the future!

So, what is my plan? Well basically you will be able to buy a piece of land from a NPC (maybe that changes). The piece of land will turn out to be a valley with a hill, on which the fort ruin is that you will be able to rebuild, a lake, woods and a old mine.
You can then rebuild the fort (you need a realistic amound of materials you can buy or harvest in the valley or outside!), build a player home, houses for your NPCs and later hire them (Look at the feature list for more informations about that!) After the basic rebuild the NPCs will have an Economy purpose. Hunter will be able to get hides, pelts, meat, etc. Miner will mine and you get the idea.

So, here is a list of features and the current state of them:

General things:

• Worldspace (100% done)
  • Lake (100% done)
  • Forest (100% done) PARTLY CUT!
  • LOD (100% done)
  • Layout of the Fort (100% done)
  • Layout of the Home (100% done)
  • Basic Crafting System (100% done)
  • NPC and Enemy (15% done)
  • Economy System (0% done)

Crafting/Building: New Features planed!

• Main Gate with Upgardes (100& done)
  • Guard House (100& done)
  • Forge (100% done)
  • Smelter Area (100% done)
  • NPC Training area (100% done)
  • Stabels (100% done)
  • Hunter Shack (100% done)
  • Yard (100% done)
  • Fire Place (100% done)
  • Backyard (100% done)
  • Mine (only planed so far)
  • Jail (only planed so far)
  • Player Home Outside (0% done)
  • Player Home Inside (0% done)
  • Tavern/Pub (only planed so far) CUT
  • Storage Area (20% done) CUT (has been reworked into the whole fort)
  • Tavern/Pub (only planed so far) CUT (for now)

Guards:

• Basic Guards (0% done) (have to be reworked!)
  • Dwemer Guards (0% done)
  • Wood Elves Archer (0% done)
  • Sellswords (0% done)
  • maybe more, no plans so far!

Blacksmiths: COMPLETE! New Features planed!

• Blacksmith Faction (100% done)
  • Blacksmith Merchant Faction (100% done)
  • Basic AIPackage (Day/night) (100% done)

• Orcish Blacksmith (100% done)
  • Nord Blacksmith (100% done)
  • Nord Female Blacksmith (100% done)
  • Royal (Imperial) Blacksmith(0% done) CUT
  • Hig Elf Blacksmith(0% done) CUT
  • Wood Elf Blacksmith(0% done) CUT
  • Argonian Blacksmith (100% done)
  • Dark Elf Blacksmith (100% done)

Hunters:  (currently worked one! Like, right now!)

• Nord Dog (0% done)
  • Husky Dog (0% done)
  • Hunter Leader (0% done)
  • Hunter Female (0% done)
  • Hunter Male (0% done)

Other NPCS:

• Miners (0% done)
  • Merchant (0% done)
  • Staff (0% done)
  • Steward (only planed so far!)
  • Khajiit Caravans (only planed so far!)
  • maybe more!

AI Packages:

• Guard Package (50% done)
  • others (0% done)

Economy:

• still in planing!

I can not promise any dates or so since I work on it mostly alone (DarkFox127 helps me with scripts). I will however keep you up up-to-date! Also, if you want to help me test the mod for bugs, please let me know via pm!

Used Ressources/Content so far:

People and other help:

• AlexanderJVelicky: For the nicely made video which alloweded me to make my own LOD.

Raw Ressources: (Fonts, images, logos, sounds, etc)

Game Ressources: (textures, models, etc)

Tooles:

• Creation Kit
  • NifScope
  • Oscape
  • Nconvert
  • BSAdopt
  • Gimp 2 (with dds plugin and normal map plugin)
  • MultiXwm
  • TES5Edit
  • Fallout Mod Manager

Screenshots:

1957789_1562701847308835_596855033920818
10750049_1562700293975657_41425593056038
10842255_1562700340642319_4221606609417410896168_1562700333975653_49055293147743

AND I would love to hear ideas and input from you guys!

Edited by iWilliBlecha
  • Upvote 2

that kinda sounds like an awesome mix, also including some stuff like "helgen reborn"

my 2 cents:

one of reasons why helgen reborn is awesome to me is the way the "building houses n stuff" is realized. i would highly recommend you check this mod out (nexus and other sites). the approach is simple, yet extremely awesome, during quests he places npc's with in-game-animations around helgen, that later become citizens there. so for example, when you have completed a quest, couple of "workers" are placed around helgen, that "mine" rocks, or have that "gardening" animations to repair the ground / make it fertile. those npcs stay there for a while (like an in-game-week), and after that they move on to the next boulder to crush and remove or plant a new batch of gardens. he also uses the "hit stuff with a hammer on the forge" animation and places them on half-finished buildings.

i am not sure if i explained this right in english, i highly recommend you give "helgen reborn" a go. its much more immersive than "gimme 1000 gold" --> du-du-duuu! ... building magically appears.

• Upvote 1

btw, please dont change the area directly next to "lakeview mansion" ... i know that awesome mods exist for this place, but there is one thing i love especially at my house, and this is the occasional "sniping the necromancer from my porch" :rofl:

and youre right, hearthfire is a "must have".

best of luck to your project :)

Edited by Ragna_Rok

@Ragna_Rock: I get what you mean. I also planed to make it like that. But it is a loot harder then you think. Also beyond my skills at the moment. I can ask DarkFox127 on how much work it would be, but by myself, it is a bit to much work.

However. It will not be like "give me 1000 gold". You acutally need a lot of material for the buildings. As said, I want it to me realistic.

afaik (and im quite a bloody rookie on scripts) it would just require the quest to trigger the npcs to move from one pre-defined marker to the next while doing a certain animation when at the marker...

besides the classes here on tesalliance i know that also "matthiaswagg" on darkcreations.org teaches scripting, though i think his classes are filled with "beyond skyrim" folks for now.

i offer you to share knowledge, because i had something similar in mind for a smaller orc-stronghold for my longterm project "Rise of the Orcs", so when i figure this out before you i will let you know how i did that ;)

• 9 years later...

This looks exciting! A Hearthfire-inspired fort sounds like a dream home for any adventurer. Following your progress on building Fort Elianor! Will there be opportunities to hire NPCs or recruit companions for the fort?