DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Sonic Screwdriver of the 12th Doctor

selene310187

Do you like Doctor Who? Do you like the 12th Doctor? If you can answer all questions with yes, then I have something for you: 12's blue Sonic Screwdriver! But if you are not a fan of the Doctor Who series, that's not a problem. This little tool can still be useful for you ;). It unlocks/locks doors, pushes your enemies away, and much more

I'm a fan of the British science fiction series called "Doctor Who" for many years. Someday, I felt the desire to wield a Sonic Screwdriver in Cyrodiil. It had to be the blue one of the 12th Doctor, who is my favourite Doctor, and which I recreated from scratch as a 3D model in Blender.
The Doctor himself gives you the Sonic Screwdriver (abbr. Sonic). You can find him in the Mages Guild of Skingrad. His face is mostly based on my memories. 

You can watch a demonstration video of the different functions of the Sonic if you wish: 

The functions of the Sonic Screwdriver:

Pressing the action key (default: V): Unlock/lock locks, information on the opponent
action key + blocking: calls the Special Actions Menu. Here you can toggle the Torch Mode ON/OFF, open the Doctor's Purse (a remote sack to store your stuff), get a more detailed information on the opponent ("Deep Scan") if you stand in front of him, change the range of the Sonic, set the action key to a different key on your keyboard and recharge all weapons in your inventory
Power effects: if you are in trouble, you can use them to get out of it. They are triggered by performing power attacks and work on all opponents within a defined radius.

normal power attack: Paralyze (10 seconds)
backwards power attack: transfer the weapons and arrows of your opponents to the Doctor's Purse
power attack to the left:  corrode all weapons and armour
power attack to the right: Chameleon for 30 seconds (based on the Doctor's invisibility watch)
forward power attack: push your enemies away

For balancing reasons, the Sonic doesn't do any direct damage to your opponents because it's primarily for self-defence.

IBDvefvm.jpg MFdbkXmm.jpg nY3UHGjm.jpg HZ7YFgdm.jpg cPhM05Wm.jpg

Download

Requirements:

- Oblivion Version 1.2.0416
 - Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) v21 or higher 
 - OBSE -Elys- Universal Silent Voice

Recommended mods:

- Oblivion Character Overhaul Version 2
   (so that the Doctor's face looks like the picture)
 - An ENB mod of your choice 
   (making the faces of the NPCs and the textures of the Sonic look better. I used my own ENB in the pictures which is the "Luminous Sky ENB" (All Natural Version))

How to install:

Copy the "meshes", "sound" and "textures" folders, and the "12th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver".esp to your Oblivion Data folder. Activate the esp via Oblivion launcher -> Data Files, and launch the game.

Credits:

Thanks to Lanceor and Mr. V for the light source script which I used as base for my script
Thanks to Outworldz.com for the "steel_galvanized_sheet2" texture
Thanks to TextureX.com for the "Brushed Aluminum Metal Stock Alumimium" texture
Thanks to wakaflockaflame1 for the "SRE-Design Texture test: Metal test 1" texture
Thanks to the BBC for their fantastic Doctor Who series
Thanks to Peter Capaldi for his outstanding impersonation of the Doctor

Licensing/Legal:

All models, textures, sounds and scripts can be used freely in non-commercial projects, as long as my name is mentioned in your Credits. If you use my edited version of the light source script (it's part of the script with the name "cbSonicScrewdriverScript"), please add Lanceor and Mr. V to your Credit list as well. The same applies to the textures; please mention the original authors of the textures which I used in modified form for my project, too.

• Love This 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I released a fix. These are the changes I made:

- I added a dummy enchantment to the Sonic to prevent enchanting it in game. If you enchant it, the scripts won't recognize the Sonic anymore, so that its functions won't work. --

- Furthermore, I tweaked the Sonic's main script so that when the Torch Mod is turned on, the teleporting of the light source is only executed when the weapon is drawn. Before, if the Torch Mod was on and you sheathed the weapon, the disabled light source was still being teleported to you; this led to an unnecessary performance impact.

You can find the fix as an update file on the download page (see first post; file name: Sonic Screwdriver of the 12th Doctor - v1.02 Update).

Plans for the future:

I plan to create a Doctor companion using the Doctor NPC of this mod as base. No CM Partner or similar. I want to make his personality as unique as possible. That's why I will write all companion dialogues and scripts myself. Maybe I will do a Skyrim version (and/or Fallout New Vegas version) of the Sonic Screwdriver as well. But before I do this I like to finish some unfinished projects first like the English version of Abyss Demon and a revised version of my first mod, the Island House (and that's how it's looking now: picture 1, picture 2). I put them off in favor of new modding projects and other games (like Enderal) for a long time. I'm still learning to prioritize. 

• Love This 1