DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Fast Travel TO Interior Cell

Unshod_Cobbler

That's kinda what I figured out.  It's an engine issue, because you can do it in Fallout 4 (Railroad Headquarters et al).  I tried duplicating the Fallout 4 implementation, but the Skyrim version of the engine doesn't support the capabilities.  

Now I'm looking into a spell/script combination that will move the character into the cell.  Fingers crossed, I am venturing into my personal terra incognito.  

On 1/17/2019 at 1:21 PM, Unshod_Cobbler said:

I want to be able to fast travel to an interior cell (kind of what COC does to interior cells) but I am unable to figure it out.

I am guessing you want the player to fast travel from within the game, as opposed to you as a game designer?

I am curious what was wrong with COC?   If you want to travel to an interior cell, you can probably create a 'spell' that allows the character to do such a thing, or a trigger, etc.

Edited by Ashenfire

3 hours ago, Ashenfire said:

I am guessing you want the player to fast travel from within the game, as opposed to you as a game designer?

I am curious what was wrong with COC?   If you want to travel to an interior cell, you can probably create a 'spell' that allows the character to do such a thing, or a trigger, etc.

There is nothing wrong with COC.  It works fine if you are playing on a PC, and I use COC to view and make notes on my cells when working on them.  But a player may find it inconvenient or impossible to use the COC command to get into a interior cell from the other side of the world map.  

So there are two alternatives. 

One, a map marker and a back door into the cell you want to get to quickly.  This works quite well and I have created such an implementation.  

Two, a way to enter the cell without the intervening stop, as in fast travel directly into the cell.  Since fast travel into an interior cell isn't possible with this engine, a spell seems a reasonable alternative.  A spell is the approach I stated I was investigating in my previous post.  

I hope this addresses your questions.  

I was referring to you not being able to fast travel to interior cell (how it was not feasible? )  ...you stated F.O. engine could do that.   That was something I am unfamiliar with.    Ooops.... :bonk:I noticed I said 'COC' instead.  Sorry for the misstep.

Anyways, we both agree on the map / spell approach.  Eventually, I will wrap up my production / design process for my lab and get back to writing scripts so I can provide a Skybrary (library for Skyrim modders); to answer good questions like yours.

Edited by Ashenfire

• 5 months later...
On 2019-01-20 at 2:50 PM, ladyonthemoon said:

You cannot use the existing fast travel system to fast travel into an interior cell. You must either make your cell an exterior one (a new world space) or put a map marker just outside the entrance of your cell.

True, but you can actually use the 'COC' console command to *fast travel* between an exterior cell and an interior cell.

Even DarkRider used the 'COC' command (scroll down at the bottom) in the 1st lesson of the Skyrim modding school.

3 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

True, but you can actually use the 'COC' console command to *fast travel* between an exterior cell and an interior cell.

Thank you for telling me something I've known for a long time.

I said "You cannot use the existing fast travel system to fast travel into an interior cell." The existing fast travel system has nothing to do with console commands.