DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[RELz] Wilson the clannfear!

Jheuloh

Nope, never even heard of that.

I scrapped the idea of Wilson spawning in the dungeon.

Anyways -

I think it's his follow PC AI package that's telling him to avoid script started packages.

In otherwords;

Follow/Stay commands in Wilson's script may be what he needs to cure the error. (Cheydinhal petshop animals had 5 aggression, though script supported player following rather than AI package based following.)

Scripting! This'll be fun. :P (Let's hope the syntax doesn't kill me.)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then e-mail me your ESP when you are finished and I will merge them (mine and yours)  together.

If that does work tell me, but if it doesn't, it will take five minutes to fix, so no bother, and if I do it that way, then you can implement the idea I mentioned in PM. Where Wilson might not fight the guards if he just started following you.

Alright it's fixed.

It was an ownership issue. Since guards tracked him separately as an actor with no owner, my crimes gave them no incentive to attack Wilson, and at 5 aggression, Wilson had no reason to fight them either.

Another note is that Wilson no longer responds with hostility when you attack him out of combat.

Made an item with a begin onactivate item that moves Wilson to me;

'Begin onactivate

; WilsonRef.MoveTo Player 128,0,0

End

Going to see if the numbers make sense at all.

Something I've noticed;

This is essentially my scripting class, but without the scripting scholar.

:wave:

His RefID is WilsonRef in v 1.1, so hopefully the change isn't too big if you already specified a refID.

And I'll send you a beta version of 1.2 if you wish, I can't pull the loose ends together.

The only difference is that there's a new item called WilsonBone and new script called WilsonSummonScript (Which WilsonBone uses.)

So far 'Begin onactivate' fails to actually move Wilson. Here's the script;

scriptname WilsonSummonScript

Begin OnTrigger

; WilsonRef.MoveTo Player 128, 0, 0

End

x_X

Anyways -

I'd prefer the follow/command control be a menu that appears when you interact with Wilson, rather than when you cast a spell, in future versions possibly. (Chorrol petshop relied on script spells almost entirely to function, and it was 3x as confusing as cheydinhal petshop, + unnecessary spell development occurs, making the mod less approachable to efficiency players.)

A script spell would be a fine temporary solution though.

Edit: v 1.1 Also boosted Wilson's health to 250, damage jumped from 4 to 12, and speed increased to 40 coupled with .80 scale and 48 reach.

And the summon Wilson item refuses to function regardless of variables, not sure how I'll get that to work.