DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

If I weren't here I wouldn't be posting, therefor; I am here

Running4Cover

Well, I guess this is my official Introduction post (that would explain how it found its way into the "Introductions Forum").  I was just linked-to/encouraged-to-view this site by WhoGuru, and ShadowHider.  Concerning my modding experience, I have a decent uderstanding of the CS (enough to release a few, relatively boring, mods), and have recently started texturing (started with two HORRIBLE retextures I made the mistake of posting online, but recently I think I have been making remotely-worthwhile stuff).  I would like to someday learn how to use Blender, and would be interested to become involved in some larger projects (depending).  I also like cereal.  Somtimes.  Especially when its still crunchy.  ...But milky too.  I like cereal.  (just kidding  aa_tongue.gif ).  Okay, I'm going to post this now, before I make it any weirder.  Shweet ;-)

CC

Welcome r4c!!  Glad to see you here!   :wave:  You've come to the right place to pick up some new skills!

And your current work is VERY good.  The blades on your sword's in particular.  I love the filigree.  Don't short change your talent.  Not around here!  Welcome again!   :wave:

Um, why does this forum think it is about four hours into the future??? Guess I will have to check my profile, and see what cereal, er, timezone... I am listed as.....

Welcome Running!! Take a break, kick back, and relax. here, you only have to walk quickly for cover......  aa_tongue.gif

Thanks all for the welcomes, and it's nice to know we all love cereal :-P

Nice to see WhoGuru and Shadowhider already, and no worries, I don't intend to "short change my talent", I simply have an interest in knowing a little more about models so as to further my texture understanding and such (like a better knowledge of UV maps).  I can't wait to spend a lot of time on this site :-D  I probably won't get to spend as much time as I'd like working with Oblivion over the next few days, but I should be able to spend a decent amount of time on these pages looking through stuff.  I am glad to hear you (WhoGuru) like my blades so much.  Oh, and I love the chair icon (  :wave: ), so Shadowhider, you can take this as me literally "pulling up a chair :-).

Quick question; I noticed you guys have pics/links in your sigs, but it says something about HTML not being allowed in the,, so how do I go about adding these things?  Just wondered.  Thanks, all ;-)

CC

EDIT:

"Walk quickly for cover", that's awesome  aa_biggrin.gif

I never have to walk quickly for cover because I take it in the face. I always do.  :wave:

You sounded like my Jr. Varsity hockey coach V!  :wave:

That man was made of steel screws and thingamabobs!  :D

R4C (I like that) If you want ANY help w/ textures just gimme a shout man and I think we would work great together in An Arane Cey 3, which won't be too far off!

You sounded like my Jr. Varsity hockey coach V!  :wave: That man was made of steel screws and thingamabobs!  :wave: R4C (I like that) If you want ANY help w/ textures just gimme a shout man and I think we would work great together in An Arane Cey 3, which won't be too far off!

Thingamabob; Pronunciation = theen-guh-muh-bob; Language of Origin = Madeuplish; Part of speech = noun:
Definition:  Of (or pertaining to) things, and/or (in some circumstances) people named "Bob"
~From the Running4Cover (R4C :-D) Dictionary of Awesomeness :-)

Thank you, again, for your generous offer of help, and it did occur to me to ask you one thing; how do you (personally) cut/paste intricate shapes of texture (like on your new quivers)?  Do you use the "Fuzzy-Select/Clear Layer Trick"  or copy/paste as new and erase/replace parts out or what?  I have been trying to find the most effective way to do stuff like that, and wondered how you did it,
I sincerely hope we can work on a project (like An-Arane Cey) together in the future :-)

CC

If you're missing both arms raise your hand....  :wave:  :wave:

Heh herrrrhmmm,,, I actually use Photoshop and make a .tif file and add about 10-15 layers, some from illlustrator and then when I like what I see merge them all and save it out in another format.  aa_biggrin.gif  I've been working in both programs for a decade or more. If you have PS I could send you a basic mockup of one so you can see my general approach?

If you want a sample raw file I'll send you one. Mind you doing what I do WILL make the areas around your fingernails bleed and ruin 20/10 vision *disclaimer*

An amusing one-liner, isn't it?  :-)

Anyways, I just came back to edit that comment because I realised you're using Photoshop, and I'm using Gimp :-P  (ahh! I need PS)  As such, I can't apply your info ( :'^{ ).  Thanks for answering so quickly, and if I do need help with anything I'll let you know :-D (oh, and I'll get you that link tomorrow)

CC