DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[Relz] Ayleid Blades and Blunts

Running4Cover

Just uploaded!   TESNexus

This is the readme/description.  I would love to hear your input!:

Ayleid Blades and Blunts v1.1

-Created by Running4Cover

-Many Meshes by Trollf

-Oblivion by Bethesda Softworks

Description:

Explorations of Ayleid ruins often turn up unexpected and even unheard of treasures; such is the case of the Welkynd Weapons discovered by the fighters guild on a contract to exterminate a group of imps.  48 new weapons were found, all of them bearing similar craftsmanship to Elven weapons.  The 48 weapons consisted of 16 different weapons in three different color varieties each (red, blue, and green Welkynd).  These are the weapons discovered:

Welkynd Battleaxe

-Same stats as an Elven Battleaxe

Welkynd Ono

-Same stats as an Elven War Axe

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Tabar

-Same stats as an Elven Battleaxe

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Claymore

-Same stats as an Elven Claymore

Welkynd Zhanmadao

-Same stats as an Elven Claymore

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Dagger

-Same stats as an Elven Dagger

Welkynd Dual Dagger

-Same stats as an Elven Dagger

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Glaive

-Same stats as an Elven Shortsword, but is two-handed

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Glaive with Sheath

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Glaive with Two Sheaths

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Longsword

-Same stats as an Elven Longsword

Welkynd Shortsword

-Same stats as an Elven Shortsword

Welkynd Kodachi

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Kodachi with Sheath

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Kodachi with two Sheaths

-Mesh by Trollf

Welkynd Warhammer

-Same stats as an Elven Warhammer

Installation:

Add the Meshes folder, the textures folder, and .esp's to your Oblivion>Data folder, and activate whichever esp you wish to use (NOT both).  "Running4Cover's Welkynd Weapons - Free.esp" adds a chest filled with weapons to the North side of the Imperial City Arboratum (if you are walking out of the palace entrance, it is right in front of you).  "Running4Cover's Welkynd Weapons - For Sale.esp" adds a merchant (Dark Elf, Female) by the name of Tilenus Vidri to the location where the chest would have been.  This merchant sells all the weapons.

Bugs:

None known:

(please report it if you find one, contact information at the end of readme)

Conflicts

None known.  This only edits the ICArboratum exterior cells slightly, so there shouldn't be many

(please report it if you find one, contact information at the end of readme)

Contacting me:

If you wish to contact me, whether it is to report a bug or conflict, to make a suggestion, to comment in general, or to make a request (I don't usually take requests, but it depends), you can contact me on the BGS Forums ( http://www.bethsoft....hp?showforum=25 ), leave a comment on the site where you downloaded this, or e-mail me at lotrfntc11@aim.com (forums are prefered)

Version History:

1.1 - October 24th, 2008 - Fixed bug where this mod didn't work for users who don't use the default Oblivion directory (thank you WillieSea and Da_Mage for help)

1.0 - October 24th, 2008 - Original release

Once again, I want to make sure everyone is aware that Trollf contributed MANY of the meshes used to create these weapons, so if you think "Wow, these colors look horrible, but I love the shape of the weapons" (I sincerely hope you don't), the Trollf is the person to thank.

Please do not redistribute any parts of this without permission from myself.

Well, I think that's everything (I usually forget something), so I hope you like this, and please leave comments/ratings showing me how I can improve this.  Enjoy ;-)

CC (a.k.a. Running4Cover)

A problem was noted on the bethsoft forum. I downloaded your mod to check it out, and it appears there is a problem.

The texture paths inside the meshes are not set up correctly.

For example the battle axe points here:

c:program filesbethesda softworksobliviondatatexturesccmccm welkynd retextureselven battleaxeccmwelkyndbattleaxeblue.dds

It SHOULD point here instead:

texturesccmccm welkynd retextureselven battleaxeccmwelkyndbattleaxeblue.dds

I try to keep spaces out of my filenames as well, but that is my personal choice! LOL

But, the mod will work fine if the game is installed here:

c:program filesbethesda softworksoblivion

Otherwise, the textures will not be found.

You might want to get this fixed on the meshes, as many people, including myself, do not install the game to the default directory...

If you need some instruction on setting up NIfskope so it will automatically set the path correct for Oblivion, let me know.

It was also reported that your armor suffered the same problem.

A problem was noted on the bethsoft forum. I downloaded your mod to check it out, and it appears there is a problem.The texture paths inside the meshes are not set up correctly.For example the battle axe points here:c:program filesbethesda softworksobliviondatatexturesccmccm welkynd retextureselven battleaxeccmwelkyndbattleaxeblue.ddsIt SHOULD point here instead:texturesccmccm welkynd retextureselven battleaxeccmwelkyndbattleaxeblue.ddsI try to keep spaces out of my filenames as well, but that is my personal choice! LOLBut, the mod will work fine if the game is installed here:c:program filesbethesda softworksoblivionOtherwise, the textures will not be found.You might want to get this fixed on the meshes, as many people, including myself, do not install the game to the default directory...If you need some instruction on setting up NIfskope so it will automatically set the path correct for Oblivion, let me know.It was also reported that your armor suffered the same problem.

Ah, that makes sense, because the person with the problems was using a removable drive!  If you would be so kind as to explain how to fix this in NifSkope, I would be most grateful, and thank you for finding the solution ;-)

Also, thank you Echonite, StryderofOblivion, and WhoGuru for the kind words (I'm lovin it :-D)

to fix it is quite easy. but it ight invole you havin to redirect all your textures again.

open nifsope, go to 'Render > Setting' then click the 'Auto Detect Game Paths' . if your textures now start with textures.... then your all good, if there not, you have to show it where the texture is again.

to fix it is quite easy. but it ight invole you havin to redirect all your textures again.open nifsope, go to 'Render > Setting' then click the 'Auto Detect Game Paths' . if your textures now start with textures.... then your all good, if there not, you have to show it where the texture is again.

Wow, that was fast ("Staples... That was Easy!").  Okay, I made the change, I DO have to redirect all of them (gaah), but it's easy enough.  More annoyingly I'm going to have to re-post :-P  Ah well, I'll get on that... crap...  Thanks for the help, though :-D

CC

Very good, thank you for the help.  I just did as instructed, and released a Version 1.1.  Chances are a screwed something else up horribly, but I'll wait for bug reports first :-P  I will work on fixing my Welkynd Armors mod later on, then.  If someone would be able to test this for me and make sure it works, that's be awesome ;-)  Thanks for the help, guys  ;)

CC

For the record, its best if you can have a beta test first to find issues like this.I can usually be persuaded to do this for people. That way you release a better quality product. (hopefully)Thats my  ;)

I know, but I'm an impatient person(!!!).  S impatient, in fact, that I won't even finish this sen-...  aa_biggrin.gif

You are right, though, and I will attempt to do tests in the future :-D

CC

P.S.  Did you try/test it, and, if so, were there any issues?  Thanks ;-)