DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Hi !!!

TheDaywalker

Hi,

my name is TheDaywalker and i'm a german modder newbie. I just joined GHF some days ago and as I read about TES Aliance and what it's about I said to my self: You...must...register...now!!! aa_biggrin.gif

Hope I'll learn something new about modding and maybe lateron contribute some knmowledge of my own.

Greets@all, TheDaywalker!!! aa_biggrin.gif

Enjoy your stay here (at the Hotel California ???), we're all friends (except that guy in the back, we all hate him, but otherwise we're all friends), so I hope you like the site (and my brilliant, witty, commentaries... heh-heh-heh... [okay, I should probably shutup now]).  Anyway, I look forward to seeing what you can do.  Have fun (livin' it up, in the Hotel California ???? [ah, that'll be stuck in my head all day now])

CC

Thx for the nice welcome!!! aa_biggrin.gif

@WhoGuru: Not bad for the beginning, maybe I can teach you some useful german exp​ressions time by time!  :pints:

To answer the questions:

There are some really good modders in germany, but nearly all have moved to Oblivion modding. Me personally doesn't like Oblivion that much, because of some reasons and so I'm only modding for Morrowind.

The problem why german mods don't gain that much popularity may result of the different language. We germans all speak english, at least a bit and so we are able to translate those mods from overseas that we like, or even play it in english. But I guess nobody would take care of translating german mods into english.

My personal interests in modding are landscaping and creating atmosphere, including custom made 3D models, textures and sound. I'm familiar with blender, meaning the basics, like modeling, texturing, adding collisions and rigging characters. At the moment I try to learn a bit more about nifskope.

What I'd  really love to learn were animations. I'm trying for weeks to make my blender animations run ingame, but without a step-by-step guide I guess I'll have to do trial and error for some further weeks! :cry:

TheDaywalker aa_biggrin.gif

I'd love to learn some more German!   :pints:  My dad speaks quite a bit, he was a navy man and stationed in Germany for a while.

It would be an interesting project to start translating popular German mods into English.  Bet that could become quite popular!  Just a thought for you!   :cry:

My personal interests in modding are landscaping and creating atmosphere, including custom made 3D models, textures and sound. I'm familiar with blender, meaning the basics, like modeling, texturing, adding collisions and rigging characters. At the moment I try to learn a bit more about nifskope.What I'd  really love to learn were animations. I'm trying for weeks to make my blender animations run ingame, but without a step-by-step guide I guess I'll have to do trial and error for some further weeks! :poke:

I am also trying to learn how to animate using Blender (among other things, so progress is slow), so if I figure anything out I'll try to help if I can. I'm starting to learn how to use NifSkope, too. It's a little confusing at first, but once you figure out how it works everything seems to fall into place and it becomes quite nice and easy to use.

@WhoGuru: English translations of German mods would be great!  :AK47:

@TheMagician:

Thx, I'll let you know when I found out something new about animation too. My animations are already running in blender, but I don't know how to make the animation groups in blender. Most people who can animate for morrowind use 3dsmax and couldn't really help me much.

I don't think, that it's that difficult, but if you don't have a clue, what to start with... :poke:

About the german mods: I don't think that somebody in germany would be interested in translating those mods. Oblivion mods maybe, but for Morrowind, no chance. I would do it, if I had the time, but the really good ones were made by teams and they were worked out over years. Too much for a single person to translate.

In germany, we have an automatic translation-tool, but I've never seen something like that for english->german translation. Maybe the "PC-Freaks" :AK47:aa_tongue.gif   here could programm something like that!

TheDaywalker aa_biggrin.gif

Do you mean these groups? To make an animation part of an animation group, all you have to do is give it the appropriate name. The game engine will search for the appropriate animation based on context (ie. swimming, one-handed weapon equipped, character is blocking, etc.) SaidenStorm has a good breakdown on his site, though his tutorials are for 3ds. He uses 'active sequence names' instead of AnimGroups, but they're the same thing. The best thing to do is open up the vanilla folders and check out the names they use.

The other things you need to worry about are the Anim Text and the bone priorities. Both of these subjects are discussed on the NifTools wiki in this tutorial. If you haven't read through it already, I also recommend Kilza's fabulous tutorial about creating custom creatures. That's where I started.