DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

IS's icon is perfect. We should include some generic ones so modders can choose to make their own or not if they use their own painting - for new modders, they may be relieved/grateful to not have to venture outside the CS. IS, you wanna? XD

When you all have finished making the pictures then I'll get started on the Icons, I'll make one plain one for each of the frame types and then one for each picture :)

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just retexed the Elderscroll. Good thing I kept all my katana photoshop files as I can use a lot of the textures for creating upperclass bookscrolls as well and making loads of nice combinations. :D

What do you guys think?

UCScrollTest.jpg

I thought that was a caulking gun, or perhaps a laser pistol. :)

Them dwemer were far ahead of their time! XD

At first glance that's what I thought too, the angle fooled me. But the longer look - :D -- very nice for an expensive scroll! And the screenie's cool too.

I love creating nice screenies! Anyway, I'll create a few color variations of this one (BronzeGreen, BronzeBlue etc.) and than make another texture combo, maybe one with leather or wood. Should make for a nice set. I made the actual scroll blank, so modders can easily add their own text or pictures to it.

I'm going to work on that blanket's texture :)

It would be great if someone could make one that accurately shows the folds on the sides...I don't think I'm up to that, and if I need to, I can reshape the model to reflect those folds.

post-6-127108385157_thumb.jpg

I think you'll have an easier time using the UV to make the folds than the texture itself - and nevermind how much easier it will be to re-texture later, with larger patterns and stripes etc! I can totally see that being one of the most frequently retexed items. Just meh 2 cents. The shape looks great, though! :)

I think you'll have an easier time using the UV to make the folds than the texture itself...[snip]

You lost me. :) Do you mean manipulate the UV map somehow in Nifskope? I am so lost after sculpting something. And my UV maps are, well, interesting at best. I can however work the model more to approximate the snakey folds, but then of course that will complicate the UV map.

You lost me. XD Do you mean manipulate the UV map somehow in Nifskope? I am so lost after sculpting something. And my UV maps are, well, interesting at best. I can however work the model more to approximate the snakey folds, but then of course that will complicate the UV map.

Bear with me, 'cause I'm still dumb enough at this to confuse you more by trying to explain. :D

I'll try with an example. If I have a striped cloth texture, I need the sides that show the folds in the cloth to keep the stripes going in the right direction. It would be much harder to get that just right with a separate texture that just lays flat on the side than it would be to have the UV mapping take portions from the original texture and turn them the right way.

Does that make sense? :)

Nope. But I could listen to it all day. :clap:

No, I get that. I wrote it in my post. Twist and turn the mesh UVs. I can't imagine how that could be done with the map as is, or how to make a texture that will get that folded shadowy look. If anyone's trying I can't wait to see it.

NOTICE! From here on in, use PMs to share files.

Too many attachments clutters the database. :)