DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

The Clutterers Guild

grond

I have a suggestion... I think more carriable lights would be great. I believe in Morrowind you could pick up any candle holder and equip it like a torch, and the variety was nice. A house owner who hears footsteps at night would more likely light an oil lamp or a small candle to see what's going on, instead of opening his old adventuring chest and igniting a torch.

Silverware in Morrowind - Apart from looking superior to Oblivion's silverware, it has this very nice candle holder.

An oil lamp.

More oil lamp types at Wikipedia.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is the kind of "clutter" you were thinking of, but Morrowind had these chairs for Imperials. They look like medieval versions of Roman chairs, which is great.

On another note:

A candle holder I always found fascinating is the Jewish Menorah (Wiki link).

These candle holders look so dignified and lordly without the aid of any religious symbols which would ruin the immersion. For a thief, they'd be the main target of a burglary. They are great for shrines, cathedrals and homes of rich (religious) people. (Since it'd be a candle holder only used for special purposes, it wouldn't have to have candles in it or anything, it'd just be a valuable miscellaneous item.)

Basically, much of the Jewish culture is a great inspiration for a fantasy game, because there aren't many easily recognizable religious symbols (or rather, they aren't depicted anywhere nearly as often as the Christian Cross). And the close similarity to Christianism means that your fantasy culture will instantly remind you of the stereotypical picture you have of the Middle Ages. (A medieval synagogue is basically like a Christian church with slightly different, i.e. more interesting architecture. It will remind you of medieval religious practices and a powerful Church, but not of Christianism.)

Edited by Fearabbit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! Sorry, I hope I haven't disappointed you too much. The only problem that stopped me from releasing was that I still have a lot of work and I don't have much free time. And there is still some work needed like assigning correct paths, sorting folders and creating missing icons.

Hopefully, this stressing period will be over next week and I'll have more time again. If anyone else wants to finish it and release the collection before, PM me.

Sorry for that, I had such modding momentum when I took this over but RL pressed me hard suddenly.

I nearly have it all sorted and assembled, actually, just give me a bit here to finish re-pathing some textures and make icons for stuff that doesn't have 'em yet! ;)

Edit: I am missing Galvon's pipe and StarX's scrolls. If you two can PM them my way, or anyone else who has them, I'm working on the pack right now. If not they can be added in later easily enough. :D

Edit 2: I don't know what to do with these candle sticks - they won't emit if set up in the CS as Miscellaneous Items. They do work properly when set up as lights, except that they have no flames, and they aren't static. XD

Edited by Khettienna

The first package is nearly assembled!

DOWNLOAD HERE

This package does not include Galvon's pipe or StarX's scrolls. Washington's candle sticks are set up as lights for the time being.

If you have contributed resources, PLEASE download & test, and especially read the readme, and especially the credits to make sure I have gotten them all right and to be sure the terms of use are agreeable to everyone. Thanks!

Oh, and please - do not share this link around overmuch. We can relz it somewhere public when we've made sure everything is in good working order. XD

Edit: Also did not include Grondy's blanket, since we don't have the UV mapping really done yet. The resources are there, but there's no CS entry.

Edit 2: I didn't alter any of the resources artistically, but I did re-save all the icons as DXT3 with mipmaps. This way it won't matter what resolution the user's screen is, and we don't have to make four versions of every icon to avoid distortion. The CS will give you an error when you assign an icon containing mipmaps, but they work beautifully in-game.

Edited by Khettienna

Hi all! Sorry, I hope I haven't disappointed you too much. The only problem that stopped me from releasing was that I still have a lot of work and I don't have much free time. And there is still some work needed like assigning correct paths, sorting folders and creating missing icons.

Hopefully, this stressing period will be over next week and I'll have more time again. If anyone else wants to finish it and release the collection before, PM me.

Sorry for that, I had such modding momentum when I took this over but RL pressed me hard suddenly.

Heya Wash! Yeah, RL can be a real pain the butt sometimes. Hope you find some rest soon in RL so you can stress over making mods again! :lol:

I nearly have it all sorted and assembled, actually, just give me a bit here to finish re-pathing some textures and make icons for stuff that doesn't have 'em yet! :)

Edit: I am missing Galvon's pipe and StarX's scrolls. If you two can PM them my way, or anyone else who has them, I'm working on the pack right now. If not they can be added in later easily enough. :yes:

Edit 2: I don't know what to do with these candle sticks - they won't emit if set up in the CS as Miscellaneous Items. They do work properly when set up as lights, except that they have no flames, and they aren't static. :doh:

Hey, Khett! I put the scrolls up on Filefront right here: DOWNLOAD Upperclass Scrolls

Cheers,

StarX :lmao:

EDIT: Ehm, I also don't see my upperclass vases, pitchers etc in the main package. Reuploaded it HERE

EDIT 2: Just downloaded the package and noticed a few things. Wouldn't it make sense to make this an esm? Many resource compilations like COBL use this method and I think it works very well. Also I read the part in the readme about having to use unique ID's and adding the items to their own unique mashes/textures folders. I think that should only apply when a modder changes something about the stats, the mesh or the texture. This way, modding with TESA clutter is exactly the same as modding with Oblivion.esm, with the same set of rules.

Khettiena thanks for taking over. :doh:

From what I see now, you miss that crystal ball with square like base (posted somewhere on this thread)

And I have modified axe models, there's sawing horse too and saw, and one trunk. For some reason I can't upload them right now. Could you PM me your e-mail so that I can send it to you?

Okay! My e-mail is Khettienna - at - gmail dot com. Send me whatever I have missed! I will get busy about it right now. :doh:

I can make it an .esm if that's what you guys want? Doesn't matter to me! I just would hate for modders to use our clutter pack as a master and never de-isolate their plugins, thus requiring the end user to have our pack, and I was hoping leaving it as an .esp would discourage that.

As for file paths - if they leave it as is, and a user makes an omod, installs the omod, lets the omod overwrite, then uninstalls the omod... *POOF!* there went those files! Which is the only real flaw in the omod system.

In both cases I suppose I was trying to be one step ahead of the unwary or irresponsible modder and/or user, but perhaps it is not necessary. What do you guys think?

Okay! My e-mail is Khettienna - at - gmail dot com. Send me whatever I have missed! I will get busy about it right now. :lmao:

I can make it an .esm if that's what you guys want? Doesn't matter to me! I just would hate for modders to use our clutter pack as a master and never de-isolate their plugins, thus requiring the end user to have our pack, and I was hoping leaving it as an .esp would discourage that.

As for file paths - if they leave it as is, and a user makes an omod, installs the omod, lets the omod overwrite, then uninstalls the omod... *POOF!* there went those files! Which is the only real flaw in the omod system.

In both cases I suppose I was trying to be one step ahead of the unwary or irresponsible modder and/or user, but perhaps it is not necessary. What do you guys think?

Hey Khett! Do I still need to send you my files by email? I posted two Filefront links for my files.

As to the OMOD trouble you pointed out you are of course right. Unless we take the COBL route and let people that use our clutter for their mods require the TESA esm and meshes/textures as a required download, so modders don't need to pack our resources along with their own mods. This is purely my personal preference, so feel free to take whatever route you want. :doh:

:doh:

Well, as we've stated, variety is good! Maybe IS can make a new texture for his, maybe a fancy one? Or not! No reason to scrap perfectly good work, in any case. :lmao:

Edit:

I hit the button too quickly. Okay, I'll ESM it up, and we can just let the modders choose! And I got all the meshes now I think, except I'm still missing Galvon's pipe. Galllllvoooooooonnnnnn!

And just fyi, I'm not "taking over", it's just that I was gonna do all this anyway for my own nefarious (OCD) purposes, so I figured it would help get the ball rolling to share what I've done. :yes:

Edit 2:

Wash, we can't rightly include Meo's textures in our pack, what do you want me to do with this trunk mesh? & I changed the silver02_a in the saws to just silver02, and they seem to look fine. I assume you had another texture in mind, though - send if you want!

Edit 3:

Wash, also your square-based crystal balls aren't smooth on the sphere part like the round-base ones. Was this an intentional difference? If no I can swap the spheres out in Nifskope while I'm adjusting the texture paths.

Edited by Khettienna

Hey, about the texture for that tree trunk? I forgot. I think that I wanted to use vanilla textures. If someone wishes to create new one that would be also good.

About the crystal ball, try to smooth it in nifskope (right click > mesh > smooth vertices and right click > mesh > remove duplicate vertices and repeat until you get 0 and then update tangent spaces.) I think that should smooth it.

And for the record, some other textures may be from the mods also. Like those gems or something.

At first I thought that others will create textures, but as things were I was almost only one on the thread so I decided to try to use as many vanilla textures where ever I could. You can do retextures as you wish of course!

Thanks again Khett!

Okay, new package!

DOWNLOAD HERE

This one has our clutter all esm'd up, with the test cell in a separate plugin. It also includes StarX's scrolls & silver, the square-based crystal balls (I went on a hunch and switched the spheres to the smooth ones, but included the originals too), the new tools, and icons for all. The readme has been updated. Please have a gander! :yes:

Edit: Wash, we were posting over each other. :doh: What mod were the gem textures from? And certainly we can toy around with other textures. Maybe WillieSea will let us borrow his pretty ruby texture from the Tripwires mod again. :lmao:

Edited by Khettienna

Maybe WillieSea will let us borrow his pretty ruby texture from the Tripwires mod again.

You can use anyting of mine you want, any time you want. Anyting I have released is free to use or reuse.

If you want something special, I might even be able to help. :rofl: