DarkRider

CS Basics: Lesson #1

88 posts in this topic

Thank you, Hanaisse.  I'm looking forward to finding out if my homework was sufficient and I may continue to Lesson 2.

Excellent work so far, Bess. :) Full marks.

Go ahead and continue to Lesson #2.

Thank you very much, Hanaisse!  You'll see me next over in #2.   :happy:  

Hi there. I'm new to this forums, I registered because I'm quite interested in learning how to mod. I've finished lesson #1, but I don't know how to take screenshots from my work. Could you help me, please? I've read how to upload pictures to both TESA gallery and other sites, but I don't know how to take the screenshot.

Hello garekman, and welcome to TESA. Also welcome to the CS Basics classes. :)

The way I take screenshots is using the Print Screen key (it's above the Insert key to the right side). This will take a pic of your entire desktop. I then open MS Paint, and "paste" the picture there, crop it as necessary and save it as .jpg.

The same goes for screenshots in game, you can use the Prt Sc key, it will take a .bmp image and drop it in your Oblivion main folder. There's also a program called FRAPS to take in game screenshots.

Looking forward to seeing your work! :)

Hi there. I'm new to this forums, I registered because I'm quite interested in learning how to mod. I've finished lesson #1, but I don't know how to take screenshots from my work. Could you help me, please? I've read how to upload pictures to both TESA gallery and other sites, but I don't know how to take the screenshot.

In case you are using Windows 8, it has a screnn capture tool called "SnippingTool.exe", a lot more practical than the print button. :)

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Thank you both. I use Windows 7, so I'll do as Hanaisse says, although it will be other day. I'm very bussy these days so I can only do something on weekends, and right now I'm very tired to open the CS and doing it. But I'm glad to be able to take your lessons, and thanks a lot for the welcome!

Hello zwkdiv!

Looks good so far. However, I don't see the bedside table that was part of the basic objects to add to the room.

Also, for the extra credit, I don't see any dressers.

If you'd like to add them, please do then continue on to Lesson 2. :)

Sorry that the screenie with the table wasn't too clear, I've taken a close up.

bedside table

I thought I had included dressers, are the examples in the picture the wrong items? When I search for "Dresser" in the CS I get no results, so I've assumed that the PCShelfDrawersClutterMiddle01 are Dressers.

Dressers

Anyway, thanks for checking my work out, I'll see you over at lesson 2 :salute:

I have a question. I just finished tutorial 1 and added the homework and extra credit, but when i tested it in game I landed in the middle of my fireplace and was unable to escape and died. (Also, the house was pitch black). What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

For the light issue, I would suggest you double check your cell data. In the Lighting tab, did you change the Ambient lighting per the beginning of the lesson? Those settings should give enough to be able to see. We also added the "fire" to the fireplace, which is a light. Make sure you added the correct light object.

For the coc issue, did you set your first object (the farmhouse interior) to location 0,0,0? That's exactly where you'll land.

Sorry if there is a bit of lesson 2 material here, I didn't realize this post existed. The tutorials needs some updating, the url of the site isn't invision.tesalliance.org anymore, and the tutorials also refer to dead threads.

Here are my screenshots:

KjBa3pU.png

[img=

https://i.imgur.com/iHwd03l.png

d5I7IEY.png

9zGboFS.png

I don't know if there's still anyone out there checking on this things (I'm new here) but I just finished this lesson and I'm sharing the pictures anyway just in case. Here are my results:

It's really simple but I don't want to get too fixated on the details just yet. I intend to cover as most ground as possible before diving deep into the nitty-gritty of interior decoration.

In any case, it was an enjoyable tutorial. I've been looking for this kind of material in YouTube but most of what I find covers the CreationKit or is of dubious quality so I decided to look for some comprehensive well-structured introduction to the CS in written form and this seems to be just that. I thank you for your efforts so that you may know that they're still appreciated.

Edited by ASnakeNeverDies
Spelling corrections.

Yes, I'm still here. :) Welcome to the CS Basics class.

Your work is well done and precise. One thing, I think one of your paintings (behind the dining set, beside the window) is slightly tilted?

Please, continue on to class #2.

Thank you Hanaisse! I'm glad I found this class, it has been really helpful so far.

As for the painting yes, it's tilted, but I did that on purpose since it's not actually hanging on the wall. The picture is not clear enough to notice, but it's laying against the wooden frame of the window and resting over the shelf that comes by default with this interior prefab.

Thanks again for taking the time to peruse the pictures.

Yes, I'm still here. Welcome to class!

So far so good, everything is in place. The rug texture replacer was a little surprising, but it's fine as long as it's just textures.

You're free to continue on. :)

I am having a hard time finding the bedside table; where are they located at in the object window?

Here we go! Homework and extra credits:

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.bb53b729ce078ba55de361

Capture02.thumb.PNG.caebbd121f22351a40a2

Capture03.thumb.PNG.da483f1e0449df0d8f65

Capture04.thumb.PNG.6231ce947da8da29e377

Capture05.thumb.PNG.48f1f2d73909c7110cf6

My Sunday wasn't a total waste after all! :P

Edit, the day after: the same with lights! :D

Capture.thumb.PNG.1a48f22c17f71c5022f2af

Capture02.thumb.PNG.dda26802ac5206ab810d

Capture03.thumb.PNG.cbdda18d6f28fdf3f278

Capture04.thumb.PNG.ce4b0b1f125f5835032e

Capture05.thumb.PNG.d0222cb42681264aa8e3

Edited by ladyonthemoon

Hey there, Ladyonthemoon, welcome to class. :)

Great work so far. I can't tell if there's a fire in the fireplace but will assume so. The lighting, which we'll get into more later on, looks nice and cozy! :good:

Please continue on to the next lesson.

1 hour ago, Hanaisse said:

Great work so far. I can't tell if there's a fire in the fireplace but will assume so. ...

Silly me... Here's is the image:

Capture06.thumb.PNG.7510fc0600cbb0b50cd5

Thanks for the compliments! See you at lesson 2. ;)