DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Pyrrha Nikos Armor

Horkerkiiin

On 15/04/2016 at 4:13 PM, grond said:

That's weird. If in edit mode you can see all the verts of the knee pad and shin, and pressing A selects them all, you should be able to merge... 

Did the 2nd try work?

It seems to be working for now... Will keep you posted, not sure what I did wrong the first time I tried.

Might not have the progress I want up this weekend (I will try to!) But Im getting a new job and moving out which is taking up a lot of my time at the moment.

Does anyone know if there is a way to test animations to check for clipping etc be fore I go through the whole process of nifskope etc? caue that takes a while to then have to add it through the creation kit etc.

I know of Growlfs animation chain but that seems to be for CBBE and not UNPB. If there isnt Il just have to suck it up and do it the long way.

So tonight, I got the new chest-piece, Skirt, sash, belt, pouches and all leg armor in game, basically everything that makes up the 'Torso' piece as Skyrim defines its armor (Torso covers upper body and legs. ). There is a couple of weighting/rigging issues (Nothing that cant be easily fixed) and a couple of clipping issues (mainly with the skirt and sash) but for the most part I was really happy with it, not a huge amount of issues to sort.

Also while textures are placeholder mother of god Skyrim's specular lighting brightens EVERYTHING all the textures are going to need to be darker to compensate or I'll need to put a layer of black in the texture.

However I might need to re do the legs. having visual issues with them in game... will try to fix it first though. Once its working decently I will get some pictures, definitely a big step forward getting that much in game in one go though I think :D

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't dissapeard. I just moved house and have no internet untill next Monday, possibly next Tuesday having to use my phone at the moment. However lack of Internet does mean I have less distractions which is good. I'm wrangling in some of those weight issues however the whole hip/thigh/pelvic region is still proving to be tough to get under control, can anyone confirm this is usually the most troubled region of weighting? It seems like it should be.

also I've run multiple tests on my amended weights meaning I've gone through nifskope many and I mean MANY times meaning I don't need to spend as long in nifskope anymore I'm flying through it so that's a plus. Hopefully I can have a decent update for the time I get back online next week.

and if anyone has any advice about weighting, I'm all ears! 

• Upvote 1

Well, hurry up! :lmao: I only weight painted once. It was a creature and I did it by hand. No advice except to go slow and get the weights only where you want them to be, no "over spraying" or you'll get stretchy weirdness.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

: O TESALLIANCE IS BACK UP! Ive been trying to get on here for a few days and had no luck.

So, I have the whole set for the _0 body in game now!

w4tPQPj.jpg

The weights seem to be fine for the most part which is great however there is an issue with the gloves where they clip with the arm there, this is most likley due to the fact that the gloves are just copies of the arms, so I should probably adjust them and make them a bit bigger. But over Im really happy with it, never actually thought Id get here.

So unless I'm wrong, once ive got the few remaining issues sorted, all I have left to do is scale a version for the _1 body and re-texture with some decent textures! Now I need to learn how to make good textures!

Thanks so much to Hana for helping me with the different Body partitions and getting this all rigged correctly!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hanaisse said:

You're welcome :P

As for the clipping, did you remove the faces of the body parts under each armor piece? (best practice)

I didnt think I could do that with the gloves, the only part that is clipping is just around the elbow and upwards on the gloves and because that was part of the torso I didnt think I could do that with the gloves because they are assigned to the hands and forearms. I'm probably wrong though haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I came up with what I thought was a fairly ingenious solution to my issues with the gloves, I took the body and deleted everything but the arms, got rid of any vertex weights I didn't need so I only left ones related to the arms, imported the mesh of the hands and then joined the arms and hands together into one mesh making all the weights I needed into one mesh and covering the distance for the gloves I needed it too, bone weight copied from there and all was good, I used the Dragonbone Gauntlets skeleton, the only issue was a bit of clipping on the inside elbow of the right arm but I loosened some weights up around there and all was good!

The amount of times Ive been through nifskope now I think I'm a pro at using it. Can take my gloves through in under a minute, from Expoting from blender I can be in game and testing them in under 2 minutes which I think is pretty good...

Also, does anybody here know what the issue is with the CK render window? I think lately most of my time has been spent trying to load a cell so I can place my armor but every time I try to load a cell it crashes and I have to keep re opening the CK untill it finally decides it wants to work.

Either way the armor is now somewhere I'm happy with it design wise, Ive scaled down the boots a bit and adjusted them slightly because they seemed to large in places. sorted out a tiny bit of clipping on the leg pieces (Was down to my my actual mesh placement not weighting) and made some minor adjustments to the torso piece. Now all thats left with the armor is to make the larger body size and make some nice textures. Ive decided I want to try and model the sword before that though so will hopefully be able to give you an image of that tomorrow.

Im told I can use the newest version of Blender for weapons. Ive gotten so used to the old one now thought haha.

• Upvote 1

While I know I still need to scale the armor for the largest body size I really wanted to delve back into some modeling so today I've been working on the sword that matches the armor set, The model is about 70% ish finished, haven't fully finished the grip/handle. Would like some feedback if anyone has any, should hopefully have the sword finished tomorrow.

It is being quite hard to as Im having to go by my own judgement on parts because unlike the armor there is no turnaround reference for the sword. Anyway have some pictures.

OH AND GROND! Look its the newest version of blender! so much easier on the eyes haha!

Sword1.png

Sword2.png

ComparisonShot.png

• Upvote 1

:dance:

Well well well...you know, I helped Insanity Sorrow figure out Blender and look what he's done. Now it's Horkerkiin :clap: 

Nice work! :trophy: Now that you're a Blender Pro you can go a little further (if you haven't already) and give yourself a little help when texturing by assigning different material IDs to the different parts of that sword.  It's all here: UV Blockout Tutorial

There are other tuts in that library about baking. Look 'em over. Remember baking?  :)

Well done!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grond said:

:dance:

Well well well...you know, I helped Insanity Sorrow figure out Blender and look what he's done. Now it's Horkerkiin :clap: 

Nice work! :trophy: Now that you're a Blender Pro you can go a little further (if you haven't already) and give yourself a little help when texturing by assigning different material IDs to the different parts of that sword.  It's all here: UV Blockout Tutorial

There are other tuts in that library about baking. Look 'em over. Remember baking?  :)

Well done!

Yes you did help me a lot, I do really appreciate that, Honestly I dont know if Id got anywhere near as far as I have without yours or Hana's help. :D

Finished the sword

Sword 4.png

Comparison 2.png

Plan to make the matching shield next as seen here: 3dc356258059ba55a42a75124892c822.jpg

I dont want to speak to early but it should be a fairly simple model.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All my meshes are done. Unless I want to go back and remake any, they are done. Weight Slider works on the armor, the only clipping is some clipping on the top of the neckpiece when you run because I dont know how to get it weighted between the torso and the neck, but its very minor clipping.

All I have left to do now is get my sword and shield in game... of which I have no idea how to do or if there is anything special I need to do with them before exporting etc, I know there is no skeletons to apply or anything like that so I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment with them and lastly I need to make some good textures.

Anybody have any texturing tips? Or advice on getting my sword and shield in game?

To get your gear into the game check out Insanity Sorrow's fine tutorial - here .  If you have a high poly model you can then start by baking some maps ( remember? ;) ) - follow the next couple of tutorials on that page. The "UV Blockout" will come in handy because it allows you to select parts of the model by color (in your 2d app) that you've decided will have the same texture. Check them out!

For texturing using Photoshop or Gimp have a look at the tutorials here .  They're officially for Oblivion but the process is the about the same. "Retexturing Oblivion" gives you good info, if you're a complete newb. :)

You'll be wanting some good pictures of materials ( aka textures ) to apply to your model. Find them online at places like Textures.com . Google will lead you to other places if you can't find the right thing there. Of course use your thread if you run into problems.

Good work so far - best of luck with the real work! :dance:

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...