DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Question about horses and navmeshing

somnomania

I'm here with another question! My house is working beautifully, I've got everything looking how I want and running smoothly. But there seems to be an issue with my outside area, specifically the place where I can stick my horse when I arrive home. Every time I leave it under the shelter (the Markarth stable kit pieces, to be precise), when I come back out of the house the horse is on the roof of the stable. Do I need to navmesh inside the stable so it'll stay in there? I haven't navmeshed anything since I don't have kids or followers and therefore don't need it, but I'll learn how if it'll make my horse stay where I put it.

I've added a horse marker to the stable now, despite the fact that it's the red ! instead of anything specific, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm not sure how to deal with the location form, that's not something I've messed with yet. I use Convenient Horses and have two horses that I own at the moment, and after adding the marker to the stable, the one I'm not currently using had teleported all the way down the hill from the stable the next time I left my house.

I've added a horse marker to the stable now, despite the fact that it's the red ! instead of anything specific, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I'm not sure how to deal with the location form, that's not something I've messed with yet. I use Convenient Horses and have two horses that I own at the moment, and after adding the marker to the stable, the one I'm not currently using had teleported all the way down the hill from the stable the next time I left my house.

Youv shouldn't test your mod with other mods.

• 2 months later...

I use a patrol idle marker with a sandbox package on the horse with a radius of 20. Seems to work OK, the horse occasionally wanders out but then goes back in. The navmesh in the stable needs to be wide enough for the horse to turn round otherwise it  trys to climb the walls.