DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

189 files

1. Chimneys for Skyrim

I never liked that some farmhouses had lit fireplaces inside but no way for those fireplaces to vent smoke. So I created this simple mod that adds working chimneys with smoke to the farmhouses in several locations. I only added chimneys to farmhouses that had a fireplace, not a fire pit. The taverns and longhouses have large fire pits so I added smoke drifting from their thatched roofs to indicate that the smoke was escaping through the roof.

This mod has been cleaned with TES5Edit V3_0_30

5,749 downloads

(6 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

2. Insanity's Texture Pack - Skyrim

Note: Please note this is still a work in progress, I'll be updating it over time as I make more textures. But for now, enjoy these

Insanity's Texture Pack is just that, it's my very own texture pack for Skyrim.

Now I;m not going to mention the usual HD, HQ, more detailed ect crap people put on their mods now, instead I will simple say this. The textures are high resolution, most range from 1024x1024 for small clutter items right through to 2048x2048 for things like landscape, they are all new (not used any originals except for reference) and more vibrant.

The textures have been designed with Skyrim's style in mind, so all the new textures will fir perfectly fine. So don't worry about jarring differences.

What does it change:

Landscape textures - roughly 60% of them have been changed
    Caves
    Farmhouses - Riverwood, Winterhold ect
    Clutter - Some random clutter, like barrels and the cart
    Azura's Star Interior
    Water
    Sunglare
    Snowflakes
    Whiterun - About 50%-ish, enough to make a big difference

Secondary note: The reduced version will take a little while to setup and upload, so please be patient.

Extract this archive to any folder and then copy the contents to Skryim's Data folder.

Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

InsanitySorrow @ TES Alliance

You may use this as you wish but you must credit me for my work. Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

16,660 downloads

(7 reviews)

29 comments

Updated

3. The TESA Skyrim Resource Kit Project

This project is a community collaboration of free-to-use resources for your modding needs. Find out all about the TESA Skyrim Resource Kit Project here.
    Browse through the list of resources. All the files are here for convenience.

22,773 downloads

(16 reviews)

13 comments

Updated

4. Ready Clutter and Furnishings

Project: Ready Clutter and Furnishings
    Author: Lilith
    Version: 1.1
    Release Date: 10/15/2012
    Category: Resources
    Website(s):

TES Alliance - http://tesalliance.org/forums/

==================
    Requirements:
    ==================

Skyrim 1.1
    Created with Skyrim CK 1.7.7.0.

==================
    Description:
    ==================

Ready Clutter - Decorating in a Jiffy was developed for ease of decorating establishments and homes.

==================
    Details:
    ==================

Ready Clutter makes use of stock Skyrim items and additional modded items by the community to create pleasing arrangements of all types of clutter.

Update 1.1 Brings to Ready Clutter an entire stock of bedding and furniture items along with customary mashups of stock Skyrim assets.

Included in Version 1.1 (Required resources included)

12 - Common beds (6 styles/2 versions each style)
    10 - Common Double beds (5 styles/2 versions)
    12 - Upper Class beds (6 styles/2 versions)
    10 - Upper Class Double beds (6 styles/2 versions)
    12 - Orc beds (6 styles/2 versions)
    10 - Orc Double beds (6 styles/2 versions)
    4 - Noble beds (4 styles)
    12 - Noble Double beds (6 styles both furniture versions)
    8 - Childrens bedding (2 each version common, upper, orc and Noble)
    4 - Special Noble beds (2 styles/2 versions)
    18 - Chairs (10 Noble, 4 Upper Class, 4 common)
    26 - Benches (14 Noble, 12 Upper Class)
    1 - filled cupboard
    2 - Apothecary wall shelves
    1 - Apothecary shelf
    1 - Apothecary table
    2 - Wash basins with soaps and scrub brushes
    1 - Kitchen wall shelf
    1 - Childrens wall shelf
    1 - Asst items wall shelf
    2 - pre-arranged desks

Included in Version 1.0:

Stock Skyrim Items (No additional resources needed)
    3 - Stacks of barrels
    4 - Stacks of sacks
    1 - Mixed stack of barrels and sacks
    4 - Stacks of crates
    3 - Stacks of baskets
    7 - Stacks of books
    1 - Stack of wooden bowls
    4 - Stacks of plates (glazed, basic, wooden)
    2 - Nested glazed bowls
    2 - Nested kitchen pots
    2 - Glazed pottery groupings
    2 - Glazed plate place settings (plate, knife/fork)
    2 - Inkwell and quill arrangement
    2 - Miniature Cart/Wagon
    1 - Book and glazed pottery arrangement
    3 - Glazed vases filled with flowers
    8 - Filled flower baskets (4 with bugs and 4 without)

Modded Items (Required resources included)

2 - Celtic Dresser scarves/Rugs
    1 - Book, inkwell and quill arrangement
    1 - Filled basket with Soaps and scrubby brushes (Soaps and scrubbies by InsanitySorrow)
    2 - Filled Watering Cans with flowers (1 with bugs, 1 without. Watering Can by InsanitySorrow)
    1 - Filled Toy Shelf (Buildy Blocks, Toy Sword, Spinning Tops by InsanitySorrow, Teddybears by Tamira/Arion/Arbitor)
    1 - Filled Toy Box (Buildy Blocks, Toy Sword, Spinning Tops by InsanitySorrow, Teddybears by Tamira/Arion/Arbitor)

==================
    Installation:
    ==================

------------------------------
    Manual Instructions

1) Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder
    2) Use the included meshes to decorate the home of your dreams

==================
    Un-Installation:
    ==================

Manual Instructions

1) Delete the files/folders associated with the mod
    2) Remove any meshes used from your .esp

==================
    Incompatible:
    ==================

None that I'm aware of.

==================
    Known Issues:
    ==================

None that I'm aware of.

*Disclaimer*
    I have taken all steps I can to insure the mod is assembled correctly, I do apologize for mistakes found, but as modder's I would expect you can handle fixing it on your end.

==================
    Changelog:
    ==================

10/15/2012 - Version 1.1 Update
    7/30/2012 - Initial Release

==================
    Contact Details:
    ==================

lilith @ TESAlliance

==================
    Credits:
    ==================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Skyrim.
    Thanks to DarkRider for TES Alliance
    Thanks to InsanitySorrow for the ReadMe Generator this ReadMe is based on and for his unending help, support and guidance (and fixing my mistakes!).

Thanks to all the fine folks at TES Alliance who offer unending inspiration and support! You folks are great!

Credits for Resources used:
    /index.php?/files/file/1182-soap-resource/">Soap Resource by InsanitySorrow
    /index.php?/files/file/1332-insanitys-lanterns/">Lantern Resource by InsanitySorrow
    Mortars by InsanitySorrow in /index.php?/files/file/1319-insanitys-clutter-stuffs/">Clutter Stuffs
    Water Can and Scrubby Brush used by permission from InsanitySorrow.
    Buildy Blocks, Spin Toy and Toy Sword used by permission from InsanitySorrow.
    Toy Box used by permission from InsanitySorrow
    /index.php?/files/file/1232-teddybears/">Teddy Bears used by permission from Tamira and Arion. (Credit to original author Abitor from thefree3dmodels.com for the original model and texture, credit to Tamira for alternate texture)

==================
    Tools Used:
    ==================

ReadMe Generator
    CK
    Photoshop
    Nifskope

Have fun and happy modding!

2,730 downloads

(8 reviews)

9 comments

Updated

5. 100% Clean Save for Skyrim v1.8.151.0.7

-
    Clean Save -

For Skyrim version 1.8.151.0.7

What is a clean save?:

It is usually referred to in a troubleshooting environment; it is a save that has never seen a mod(s) before. It is clean because it has not been "dirtied" by, or exposed to any information and/or data from any mod(s). It is for this reason it becomes an ideal (necessary) testing environment when troubleshooting mods.
    Unlike previous Bethesda games (recent Fallout's, Oblivion) a clean save can't simply be made by uninstalling mods and then making a fresh save. You will orphan a lot of data that way.
    See below for more information.

Why use a clean save?:

It ensures no remnant or persistent data is distorting your results, giving you feedback that is accurate. Teleporting from the Main Menu is a popular method, but it should not be relied upon for serious testing. A lot of things get initialised when going through the new game sequence, it is important to test mods in the environment to which they will be applied (how many people started their actual playthrough by teleporting from the main menu?). Furthermore, we're sick of asking. If you are having problems and tell people that you are testing with a certified clean save we are one step closer to a potential resolution.

About:

I think a lot of people could benefit from this. It saves you having to go through the tedium of the starting sequence (or a clean install of Skyrim) if you haven't got access to a save like this already.

I also have hopes that this kind of thing can become a standard when troubleshooting. Eg. "Did you test with the latest Clean Save Resource?"
    Surely by now we're all sick of asking about, hearing about, and answering questions relating to clean saves and the testing of mods.

Notes:

The save has been made just outside Helgen Keep, right after having finished the Quest: Unbound. No mods installed, requires only Skyrim and Update.ESM.
    The file name of the save is: Save 3 - Prisoner Skyrim.

Installation:
    Download the archive to your computer
    Extract the save to wherever your saves are located. (For Windows 7 it's usually - Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves)
    Test your mods
    Do not overwrite this save!

Uninstallation:
    Really?
    Remove the save file manually or in-game
    Reel from your loss

Permissions:

No credit necessary. Just spread the word where you can, it would be excellent if this sort of procedure became standard for everyone who posts about issues that are potentially related to a dirty save.

Availability:

Currently limited to Dropbox and the Nexus.

Reference Material:

Save File Notes (Papyrus) - CK Wiki Article
    Clean Mod/Clean Save Thread - CK Forums Discussion. Of note are posts from a Bethesda Employee (#1, #2)
    Official Resource Thread - BethSoft Forums.

If anyone else has good links please post them here! We need this information to get out there!
    (it would also be good to have a definitive thread discussing precisely what a clean save is somewhere so I can link to it)

259 downloads

(0 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

6. Insanity's Bath Towels

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a resource that contains 18 new bath towels for Skyrim. There two different racks with 6 variations each and 6 folded towels, all are static.

The meshes are all new and the textures are high resolution - 2048x1024.

An optional lower resolution texture pack is also available.

=================
    Installation
    =================
    Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder
    Make use of them in your project

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================
    Take them out of your ESP
    Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Elderscrolls.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Insanity's ReadMe Generator
    Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit
    Marmoset Toolbag - For the Render

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You may use this as you wish as long as you don't charge money for it and you credit me for any work used.

Please do not re-host this file without my explicit permission.

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

If I am offline for six months or longer and do not respond to any attempts made at contacting me, I give full Ownership of my Projects to TES Alliance.

TES Alliance are free to modify/redistribute/remove as they see fit.

2,591 downloads

(4 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

7. Insanity's Washing Stuffs

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a small modder's resource that contains some new washing clutter and some static clothes lines.

==Clutter:==

Scrubbing Board (With and Without the clothes ringer)
    Scrubbing Brush
    Scrubbing Tub

There are a few variations included too, these total 13 variations.

==Static:==

3 Types of Standing Clothes Lines
    2 Types of Hanging Clothes Lines
    2 Types of Wall Clothes Lines

Each clothing line comes with a few variations with different fabrics hanging from them, there is a total of 42 clothes lines.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

Not sure why you wanna do this, but ok ..

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

You may use this as you wish as long as you don't charge money for it and you credit me for any work used.

1,881 downloads

(4 reviews)

4 comments

Submitted

8. [Skyrim] [Skyrim SE] My Own Alternate Start

This mod, as its name suggests, is an alternate start. You will be able to start the game on five different places, at the borders of Skyrim.
    -----oOo-----
    Permissions:
    No redistribution. This mod must remain exclusive to TES Alliance. You are allowed to make changes to this mod to your convenience as long as you do not redistribute it after modification.
    -----oOo-----
    With this mod you will be able to start the game:
    from Cyrodiil, from Hammerfell, from High Rock, from Morrowind (South and North). According to your choice, your player will be teleported near the border from where they are coming.

Helgen:

Hadvar and Ralof:

-----oOo-----
    Notes:
    Helgen has been destroyed and looks exactly like it should after Alduin's attack if you had played the vanilla beginning, Nobody will mention the presence of the player in Helgen (unless I've overlooked something, of course), Hadvar has been moved to Castle Dour, near General Tullius; he will be disabled at some point during the civil war campaign, Ralof has been moved to the Palace of the Kings in Windhelm, near Ulfric Stormcloak; he will be disabled at some point during the civil war campaign. Starting the main and civil war quest lines:
    Your player will not witness the attack on Helgen but starting the main quest line and the civil war will always be possible. If you haven't visited Helgen yet, you'll have to bribe the guard so that he allows you to enter Whiterun and Jarl Balgruuf will not have proper lines for you. To start the main quest, you'll have to discover Helgen first. Once this done, go visit Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun. The usual scene will not start, approach the Jarl and tell him that you want to help him dealing with the dragon problem.

to start the Civil War quest line, simply go to Solitude or Windhelm and enlist there, as usual. if you start the Civil War quest line before the main quest line, you'll have to discover Helgen. A quest will launch to that effect when you bring the "Message to Whiterun" to Jarl Balgruuf. Requirements:
    Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn. Incompatibilities:
    Use only one alternate start.
    Do not use with other mods that modify the following quests:
    MQ101 "Unbound", MQ102 "Before the Storm", CW03 "Message to Whiterun". Do not use with other mods that modify the following cells:
    HelgenKeep01, WindhelmPalaceOfTheKings, SolitudeCastleDour, Wilderness 6, -29, HelgenExterior02 (4, -20), Wilderness 42, 9, Wilderness 51, -28, Wilderness -41, 24, Wilderness -13, -25. Starting Dawnguard:
    no changes. Starting Hearthfires:
    no changes. Starting Dragonborn:
    to start Dragonborn you'll have to start the main quest (see above). Installation and removal:
    if you are playing the original version of Skyrim, download "MyOwnAlternateStart.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory, if you are playing Skyrim Special Edition, download "MyOwnAlternateStartSE.zip" and extract its content into your Data directory. Deinstalling this mod is probably not safe at all!
    Consoles Versions:
    There will not be consoles versions of this mod.
    Great many thanks to Bethesda Game Studios for creating this amazing game!
    Great many thanks to TES Alliance for allowing us to share our creations on their web site!

383 downloads

(1 review)

26 comments

Updated

9. Falmeroon - Legacy of the Snow Elves

Versión española: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1957-falmeroon-legacy-of-the-snow-elves-spanish-version/

FALMEROON
    Legacy of the Snow Elves
    By Mr. C. Racer

Since Bethesda released Dawnguard, it felt wrong that there was no snow elf ruins anywhere in the province, and that's why I made this mod. The logic I've followed is that the nords and their dragon masters burnt everything falmer-related they found to the ground; thus, you'll find most of my ruins in snowy places (they were the snow elves, after all), and very out of the way. If you can't (or lack the patience to) find them, you can spoil yourself their locations with the included text file.
      But ruins is not the only thing adventurers live off. The mod also includes:
    - New dungeons, some of them configured for radiant quests.
    - New lore books, written by yours truly.
    - New loot.
    - New enemies.
    - One simple quest.
    -------------
    COMPATIBILITY
    -------------
    1. The mod is compatible with all my other mods but one: A Fitting Throne for Vyrthur. If you're using it, you can deactivate it because the throne is already included in Falmeroon.
    2. The new books are included in the vanilla leveled lists so you can find them while playing. Which means, if you're using other mods that change the same lists, you'll need Wrye Bash to make them work together through a bashed patch.
    3. I don't have Hearthfire so I can't test for incompatibilities, but considering how out of the way my ruins are, I expect very few, or none.
    4. Other incompatibilites may arise (like other mods using the same exterior spaces). I'll deal wit them as they come.
    ------------
    REQUIREMENTS
    ------------
    - Dawnguard DLC.
    - Dragonborn DLC.
    - Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice by shadeMe, if you want to be able to read the new dialogue.
    ------------
    INSTALLATION
    ------------
      Unzip all the files and drop them on your Skyrim/Data folder, overwriting if asked, and activate the plugin in the Skyrim launcher. The file has been fully cleaned with TES5Edit 3.0.32.
    ----------------------------
    BUGS / THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
    ----------------------------
    1. Some exterior cells lack a navmesh because Bethesda didn't build it. As touching it is very dangerous, I've made only minimum changes, so you will find some locations where your companions can't follow you. It doesn't bother me because I never use companions, but if you do, just tell them to wait.
    2. Likewise, although all dungeons are completely navmeshed, there're some very simple platforming parts where your companions will get stuck. Sometimes a little force push will help, sometimes it won't.
    -------
    HISTORY
    -------
    Version 1.0: First version.
    -------
    CREDITS
    -------
    - New snow elf pieces and furniture: original models and textures by Bethesda; retextured by Mr. C. Racer.
    - Welkynd stone planter model and textures: InsanitySorrow (http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1330-the-tesa-skyrim-resource-kit-project/).
    - Auriel medallion model and textures: UNI00SL (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57113/?).
    - Gehenoth model and textures: Viltuska (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54629/?).
    ---------
    THANKS TO
    ---------
    - All the people whose free models I've used.
    - The people at the official Elder Scrolls forums (CDM_, cdcooley, s7o) for helping with scripting.
    - The TES5Edit team.
    - Bethesda.

1,140 downloads

(0 reviews)

10 comments

Updated

10. Chessboard Resource

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a very small modder's resource that contains two static Chessboards, they come complete with pieces.

The boards are:

Royal Board - Mixture of red wood, gold and black pieces and a red and silver checkerboard
    Standard Board - Brown Wood, silver and black pieces and a brown and silver checkerboard

The pieces on both are the same.

For those wondering the pieces are:
    King Alduin
    Queen Dragon Priest
    Bishop Frost Atronach
    Knight Argonian
    Rook Falmer
    Pawn Churus

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

1,247 downloads

(3 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

11. Insanity's Clutter Stuffs

Name: Insanity's Clutter Stuffs
    Version: 1.0
    Date: 30/08/2012
    Author: InsanitySorrow
    Source: TES Alliance

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a small modder's resource that contains a few clutter items I've made over the couple of months that were not included
    in previous resource releases.

==Contents:==

Bucket of Paste
    Butter Churn
    Hand Cranked Icecream Maker
    Cleaning Brush
    Watering Can
    Crystall Balls
    Hour Glass
    Mortar & Pestle
    Spools of Thread
    Wooden Building Blocks
    Spinning Top
    Toy Sword
    Sponge Cake

Some of the items come with several colour variations.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Lilith for all the clutter ideas.

Thanks to all those that commented on WIPz screenshots and gave suggestions/feedback.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

1,743 downloads

(4 reviews)

5 comments

Submitted

12. Insanity's Wall Charts

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a resource that contains 16 new Wall Chart decorations for Skyrim. There are 10 Alchemy themed charts and 6 Smithing themed ones.

They are using new meshes and new textures, the textures are high resolution - 2048x1024.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

If I am offline for six months or longer and do not respond to any attempts made at contacting me, I give full Ownership of my Projects to TES Alliance.

1,803 downloads

(5 reviews)

8 comments

Updated

13. Insanity's Dwemer Clutter

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a medium sized Dwemer themed Clutter resource.

The clutter is a recreation of the Dwemer clutter found in Morrowind. I always like the look of it myself and thought it'd fit into Skyrim nicely.

Contents:

10 Clutter Items (Bowl, Goblet, Mug etc)

All new Meshes and textures too!

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

1,335 downloads

(2 reviews)

0 comments

Updated

14. Insanity's Food Stuffs - Resource

Name: Insanity's Food Stuffs - Resource
    Version: 1.0
    Date: 18/04/2012
    Author: InsanitySorrow
    Source: TES Alliance

=================
    Requirements:
    =================

Skyrim 1.5.24.0

=================
    Description:
    =================

FOOOOOOOD!!

This is as the name suggests a food resource , This resource contains a lot of new food for you to use in your mods, it adds .... :

Muffins
    Cup Cakes
    Battenburg Cake
    Cookies
    Doughnuts
    Filled Bowls (Bowls of soup, stew, rice ect)
    Pies
    Tarts
    Chocolate Bar
    Fig Rolls (Or Fig Newton's depending on where you're from)

And a ... Pumpkin ... I know that excites you

You aren't stuck with one of each either, there are varieties of each food, for example the Doughnuts come with 15 different toppings.

=================
    Installation
    =================

1. Extract the contents of the ZIP folder into your Data folder
    2. Make use of them in your project

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1. Take them out of your ESP
    2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Lilith for all the food ideas

Thanks to all that commented on the WIPz pictures and gave ideas

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

1,496 downloads

(5 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

15. Breezehoard Sixpack

Breezehome for Multikid.
    Serious storage capacity.
    relies on Multikid to adopt
    more than the first 2 kids.
    ^__^
    Replaces all the standard upgrades that come with breezehome
    so you need to bring farengar his stone, and give proventus his 5G
    but you don't need to get lydia, since her bed and a strongbox
    are all that get added. she will sleep in her bed not creep you.
    talk page
    mid-game adoption kickstart
    courtesy of TMPhoenix
    [use extreme discretion please]
    [epic game-breaking potential]

87 downloads

(1 review)

1 comment

Updated

16. Soap Resource

1,388 downloads

(4 reviews)

2 comments

Submitted

17. Duke Patrick's Spears In Skyrim

Duke Patrick's Spears In Skyrim REV 1.1

FINALLY!!!

Required latest SKSE (as of July 2014 that is 1.6.16, )

Recommended: 1.07.00 SKSE alpha <-- this will allow your spears to include temporing (smithing bonus) to apply to the damage formula.

This is probably the last update for the foreseeable future. I am switching back to my other combat mods.
    I made this decision tonight because I have found that my system will not work for NPC.

So this turns out to be a player only game mechanics mod. I dislike those myself, but I originally I thought my system would work for NPC as well.
    ​Unfortunately the animation changes that you can make in the CK for "characters" only work on the player.

It would seem that the behaviour files handle all of the NPC animations.

=================
    New in this release!
    =================

REV 1.1: Fixed another serious sprint bug that stopped the thrust attacks from working after using the mod for a while. This mod has changed to loose files instead of a BSA because too many other spear mods that players may have previously used use animations that are similar and a BSA is overridden by loose files.

REV 1.09.1: Fixed sprint bug (that stopped the thrust attacks from working) introduced in REV 1.09 (sorry about that).

REV 1.09: Fix to add the ISATTACKING Bool to the games systems when you SPRINT ATTACK with a spear.

=================
    New in the previous release!
    =================

Fix to add the ISBASHING Bool to the games systems when you bash with a spear.
    If you use my Duke Patrick's Archery and Heavy Weapons Combat you need to update to 18.05 of that mod as well.

Fixed serious issue were the damage/stagger script was running twice on each hit.
    This mod will now communicate with my Duke Patrick's Archery and Heavy Weapons Combat mod rev 18.01 or greater . Now feints, armor gaps, locational damage and the other features of my melee combat mod will work with the spears. You may need to adjust your damage WAY DOWN in this Spears mod using the configuration file.

This mod will now communicate with my Duke Patrick's Archery and Heavy Weapons Combat mod rev 18.02 or greater . Now feints, armor gaps, locational damage and the other features of my melee combat mod will work with the spears. You may need to adjust your damage WAY DOWN in this Spears mod using the configuration file.

Fixed Walking dead bug.
    This happens when you do not check some actor's status before applying staggers.
    Fixed error in my script logic that made greatswords and battle axe into spears:

Now will work with Game pad controllers!

Now you may set one custom word for the word filter list to include any weapon name you want.
    As long as it is a 2 handed weapon it will be considered a spear by this mod.

Set this in the aadpSpears configuration file.

===============
    DESCRIPTION
    ===============

Finally, Spears In Skyrim!
    Even spears from other mods can work.

NO, it does not replace any of the weapons nor any of the normal attack animations. You will have all your normal weapons and attacks PLUS a spear that can be used to do the same kinds of things as weapons (like blocking with the shaft) but also you can do a few powerful thrust attacks!

I had this working YEARS ago using a clever and simple method, all I needed was someone to make a 2handed spear thrust weapon animation.

I used a 1 handed spear thrust animation I found, but I did not want 1h spears! I asked around and looked for animators but no one was interested in making 2h spear animations. So this had to wait, a long time...

Thanks to animator h1zchan this mod now sees the light of day.

What I am doing is a scripting "side step" of the problems the game throws at modders to prevent easy animation modding. My little trick will allow a few spear thrust attacks without removing any of the normal attacks. With my "slight of hand" scripting trick my mod will know you have a spear in your hands and play the spear thrust attacks instead of normal 2h axe attacks. But technically the weapon will be in the class of a 2h axe.

The thrusts will be for the moving back, and moving to the left or right (power and normal) attacks. These are all now powerful attacks and do serious damage unless the target blocks the attack or they get in too close to you or you miss the shot. If they are too close you will not be able to hit them with the thrust.

The moving forward power attack and all the standing attacks will be the normal 2h axe animations.

HOWEVER you can SPRINT with the weapon and RAM THRUST anything in the way as long as you are sprinting at full speed and moving forward.

And you can perform a Buttstroke with the moving forward attack (not the moving forward power attack). This Buttstroke is a type of power attack that will not do a lot of damage (has less impulse force) but will hit with a lot of push force to stagger the victim.

Thrusts and the Buttstoke will NOT work while your stamina is zero!

You will receive two spears when the mod is loaded. There is a LONG heavy spear and a short light spear. These are simple WOOD shafts with a small but nice steel spear head. In latter revisions I will add them to merchants and other containers to be found. I do not use "level lists" in my mods because often my mods need to be loaded last even after the bash patch. I use my own method of distributing such items into the game world.

For now don't lose the free spears as there will be no way to get another one. This will be changed in a latter revision.

However...

YES you can use any 2h spear from any mod IF the spear has the word "spear" (or the words listed below) in the name of the weapon.

The words that this mod will use to recognize spears:

yari, partizan, partisan, gar, lance, lancet, mizrak, lanze, speer, lanza, pike, geirr, spidde, kopi, sulita, kopye, vigr, spjot, oszczep, lancia, pilum, spiculum, javelin, polearm, pole arm.

If any of the above words are in the name of the weapon and it is a 2h weapon this mod will treat it as if it is a spear. I do not intended this to be a complete list, but it should cover most names from most of the world with out requiring complicated "string" conversion and incompatible fonts.

These names were researched and given to me by Mr.Dave of Bobs Armory Mod, see here for his mod of weapons:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12060/?

Bewared if the spear you get from a mod is ridiculously long or fast (such as anima weapons) you may have issues with the synchronization of the animations and when and where the attack hits. I will ignore anyone asking for mod support cornering this, you have been warned!

===============
    How to use the mod:
    ===============

Because of the critical animation edits you must load this mod LAST no exceptions! Even AFTER the bash patch.

Keep in mind that if you are TOO CLOSE you will not be able to hit (damage) using the thrust and Thrusts will not work while your stamina is zero!

I find the best tactic is to run backwards then thrust as they come in... then immediately block their next attack as they close the distance and then spin a little into a new direction and run backwards and repeat until they are dead!

The spear thrust is not easy to use, you will miss much MUCH more often than with other weapons. However it is a little more difficult for your opponents to block the thrust and when the thrust does hit it is devastating! This is an "all or nothing" weapon that depends on the user not making a mistake. If the opponent overruns you, you will suffer!

But if you can skillfully land your thrust before that happens you will do 2x the damage shown in the weapons menu less the mitigated damage from armor and magic protections. The two handed skill, armor, magic damage protection and smithing bonuses all are including in this!

It may be best not start this mod until you are completely out of the tutorial part of the game (Helgen and the caves of Helgen). Many kinds of mods have issues with the TES tutorials (in Oblivion as well). It is just a much more complicated game environment for the scripts.

User Damage Modification Settings

As I was trying to keep the scripting light weight I had to choose between two possible conditions for the damage done in the Move Back Thrust.

One is that the target is ramming himself onto your spear as they chase you (as you are backing up) but then your stop dead to brace the thrust.

The other is were they stand in one place and allow you to back up into the best range to then stab at them from afar.

I chose the first. As such the physics of the moving target mass and the focused force on the point of the spear and the devastating angle of incidence (90 degrees more or less, this is not a swing like with other weapons) equals a serious amount of stopping power and damage!

But the spear is only good when you are behind some cover that the opponent cannot pass (the same as with arrows, so I do not really care that this may be an issue for spears) or you have a wide open space to fight and you do not have to worry about tripping while you are backing up. Try doing this with a combat mod (such as my own) that trips you when you move backwards over obstacles. OR even without such a mod try this in the twisting hallways and small rooms of a castle or cave

However, unlike my other combat mods I am trying to make this mod work for all the players that have been yearning for spears ever since 11.11.11.

So I am offering a way for the user to make tweaks to the thrust damage:

Go into the console and type:

set aadpDamMod to 2.0

set aadpBackWardDamMod to 2.0

set aadpSprintDamMod to 4.0

set aadpButtStokeDamMod to 0.5

The above numbers are the defaults.

===========
    Known Issue:
    ===========

Naturally with skyrim modding there are caveats...

At this time this mod only works in third person. Once H1zchan can figure out the 1st person animations he said he will make them, I will update this mod then.

Spear thrust will not deliver poisons nor magic enchainment. Anyone that wants to contribute scripting that will handle this is free to contact me about this and will have my gratitude and be credited. I probably could struggle through this myself and get something working in a week or 4 but I have another mod that needs the my time more than this feature does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod try my other Skyrim mods:

Duke Patricks - Heavy Weapons Combat
    Melee combat overhaul mod based on my 30 years of real life melee combat fighting tournaments in the SCA.

Here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1567-duke-patricks-archery-and-heavy-weapons-combat/

Duke Patrick's - Savvy Save
    Auto Save when it is smart to save based on what you have been doing in the game (not TIMER saves)!

here: http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/files/file/1506-duke-patricks-savvy-save/

I only answer questions for this mod here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/183-skyrim-mods/

Look for SpookyFX.com or "Duke Patrick" mods and you will find me.

===============
    Thanks
    ===============

Thanks to H1zchan for allowing me to use his animations. If this mod is not right for you I strongly encourage you to try his animation replacer mod :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53455/?

He has found a good "balance" between the 2h weapons and the spear so that they both work well in Skyrim.

Thanks for spear name research done by Mr.Dave of Bobs Armory Mod.
    see here for his mod of weapons:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12060/?

517 downloads

(2 reviews)

2 comments

Updated

18. Insanity's Folded Blankets

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a resource that contains 27 new folded blankets for Skyrim. There two different bed blankets, one for double beds and another for single beds, there is also a folded blanket for placement on shelves etc. Each blanket comes in several texture variations.

The meshes are all new and the textures are high resolution - 2048x1024.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

Thanks to Ithlia for the idea.

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

2,746 downloads

(5 reviews)

3 comments

Updated

19. Insanity's Clocks & Sundials

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a modders resource that contains a few clocks and sundials for decorating one's home.

They are all static items, the clocks don't function and are meant for decoration, but each clock does come with an alternate model
    that has no clock hands and there are a set of separate clock hands included for those that want to script the clocks to work.

=================
    Installation
    =================

2) Make use of them in your project

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1) Take them out of your ESP
    2) Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

1,440 downloads

(2 reviews)

3 comments

Submitted

20. Static Armour Stands

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a small modder's resource that contains 40 Static Armour Stands. The stands cover the main craftable armour sets from the vanilla game as well as a few faction specific armours. Each one has both the Male and Female versions of the armour.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

1,281 downloads

(4 reviews)

6 comments

Updated

21. Insanity's Sofas & Chairs

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a resource that contains 12 new chairs & sofas for Skyrim. There is a single seat chair,a two seat sofa and a three seat sofa. Each one comes in 5 different colours as well.

They are using new meshes and new textures, the textures are high resolution - 2048x1024.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

1,641 downloads

(4 reviews)

12 comments

Updated

22. Insanity's Pillows

=================
    Description:
    =================

Pillows!

A pillow resource containing four pillow shapes - Round, Roll, Square and Rectangle. Each has 14 texture variations - 7 colours, 7 plain and 7 with a pattern.

There are also two Skyrim themed pillow textures.

Optional High resolution textures are available as a separate download.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

2,865 downloads

(3 reviews)

1 comment

Submitted

23. Insanity's Curtains

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a resource that contains 40 new Curtains for Skyrim. There are 2 styles and 20 texture variations each, all use new meshes and textures.

Skyrim is lacking in a few things and one I was surprised to see was missing is curtains. Well we can't have that now, so I decided to make a resource to fix it.

=================
    Installation
    =================

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

==================
    Modder's Will:
    ==================

1,938 downloads

(4 reviews)

6 comments

Submitted

24. Insanity's Lanterns

=================
    Description:
    =================

This is a small resource that contains 4 unique Lanterns, each one comes with multiple textures. There are a total of 32 lantern variations.

There are "on" versions of each lantern that have the candle's glow animation, the flames need to be set up separately though.

=================
    Installation
    =================

2) Make use of them in your project

=================
    Un-Installation:
    =================

1) Take them out of your ESP
    2) Delete the files/folders associated with the mod

=================
    =================

=================
    Credits:
    =================

=================
    Tools Used:
    =================

Photoshop CS5
    Blender
    Creation Kit

=================
    Licensing/Legal:
    =================

1,504 downloads

(3 reviews)

5 comments

Updated

25. 100% Clean Save for Skyrim 1.9.32.0

These files contain a variety of clean saves for Skyrim. All saves were created only with the Skyrim and Update files and specified DLC. No quests/quest lines were completed except those named, the bare minimum of prerequisites, and Way of the Voice where applicable. Random encounter quests are in the journal but no progress towards their completion has been made.

Klimmek may have had his quest completed because... why not.

PM or Comment with requests.

You will most likely be over-encumbered when you load these saves. I picked up just about everything of value (most non-crafting supplies were sold). No skill books have been read on any of these saves due to the Dragonborn DLC ability which grants two skill points from every skill book.

All saves contain only level 1 characters and will be compatible with the showracemenu command.
    See Support section for How To.

Clean saves will only work with Skyrim and are not compatible with any DLC's except for the texture packs.

Dawn saves will only work with Dawnguard and are not compatible with vanilla or any other DLC's except for the texture packs.

Total saves will only work with all DLCs installed and active and are not compatible with vanilla or only partial DLCs except for the texture packs.

The texture packs are only compatible with a 64-bit OS.

Starter Packs - Files are separated into a Vampire or non-Vampire starter pack. Vampires become infected at the "Unbound" save. Standing stone choices may vary depending on the active DLC's.

Lycanthropy - These saves were made immediately after the Way of the Voice was completed and only involve the Companions up to your induction as a member of the Circle.

Arvak - These saves get you to the most important point in the game... ARVAK! No more lost horses, dying horses (he's already dead), stupid horses, buying horses, ect. Files are separated into Vampire or non-Vampire selections. Vampires are aligned with the Volkihar, non-Vampires are aligned with the Dawnguard. Vampire saves have two extra checkpoint quests.

Civil War - Civil War quest line complete for both Imperial and Stormcloak. Stormcloak saves done as a vampire/Vampire Lord as appropriate. These saves were made after Arvak is acquired for Dawnguard and All DLCs.

Main Quest - Main quest line complete after Reunifying/Liberating Skyrim. Imperial Skyrim will be non-vampire and Stormcloak Skyrim will be vampire/Vampire Lord as appropriate.

Dawnguard - Dawnguard quest line complete after defeating Alduin. All Paragon Crystals have been obtained but not all portals have been visited.

Your destination directory should be something along the lines of -

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves
    or
    C:\Users\<User Name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves

List of Saves Requested
    Dragon Rising completed Completed for Vanilla, Dawnguard, and All DLCs.
    War storyline completed for both Stormcloak and Imperial Completed for All DLCs.
    Battle for Whiterun Completed for Stormcloak and Imperial for All DLCs.
    A completionist save with little to no dungeon crawling. See Support section for how to make your own!

Support

How to Change your Race/Appearance at Level 1 (See the Face Sculptor in Riften for past level 1 changes)
    First Open Console with the tilde (~) key.
    Type showracemenu and hit enter.
    Close the console by hitting the tilde key again.
    Change your race, name, and any other settings like you would when normally starting a fresh game.
    Any saves where the character is still level 1 will be able to do this but bad things happen if done on saves if you are not level 1.

ShowRaceMenu user WARNING
    Changing your race through this menu will RESET all your skills to the new race's default. If changing your race from the default Nord be sure to use Player.SetRace <race ID> console command to change it and DO NOT use the ShowRaceMenu to change it. The available races ID codes are actually very simple and you won't even have to look it up!

You may use the ShowRaceMenu to alter your appearance before or after using the SetRace command with no adverse effects. If you use SetRace after, you will retain the facial features of the previous race/gender.
    There are actually whole web pages dedicated to making hybrids in Skyrim this way - especially in enabling male/female features on female/male models (Argonian males have all the cool colors/spikes SO LET'S STICK EM ON A GIRL!)

If you are having trouble with this, see bugs section for solution.

An example -
    Player.SetRace BretonRace
    You are now a Breton with all your skills unchanged and the proper racial bonuses.
    or if you are a vampire -
    Player.SetRace BretonRaceVampire
    There are two codes for setting your proper race - use the other one and unpleasantness will occur.

How to reset entered/cleared cells (miscellaneous .bat file available)
    Do not be in the cell you wish to reset (recommend finding an interior cell to sit in)
    Using the console -
    type pcb (this purges the cell buffer in case you entered the cell)
    then enter ResetInterior <Cell ID> where the Cell ID is either the Editor or Form ID (eg WhiterunUnderforge or 165A6 will both work)

To set a location cleared find the Form ID and enter (only 165A6 will work)
    SetLocationCleared <Form ID>
    into the console.

The miscellaneous .bat file if ran as is may crash Skyrim. It contains a list of all interiors including test cells, player homes, inns, guild halls, cells never accessible by the player, cells only visited once, ect. If it's an interior, it is in the file - all 728 of them. Cells are listed with their Editor ID alphabetically for the name of the location, eg. the cell TestTony has an Editor ID of AAADeleteWhenDoneTestJeremy so it is on line 615, instead of 1. I suggest using it as a reference to locate the cells you wish to reset.

Modder Information
    To create a clean save you must have no loose script files and no .esp/.bsa files loaded (unless specific to your mod such as the Dragonborn DLC for a Solstheim mod).

Textures and meshes are not saved in the game data but are loaded on demand and so will not effect creating a clean save.

Loose script files (and possibly .bsa files in the main Data folder) should be contained in the Data>Scripts folder in the form of .pex files (not the Source folder - .psc files contained therein should not effect gameplay and are for reference by the Creation Kit and Modders). If you do not wish to delete your .pex files simply get them out of the way while you create your clean save - hide them in another folder, move them to another folder outside the Data folder, compress them, make it so that the game won't see them when it loads a save.

To restore a corrupted/modified/removed Scripts folder simply verify the game files for the Creation Kit (listed in Steam under Tools).

Bugs
    Serana has no "Follow me" option when she should. This is not from save game corruption but rather an oversight in the DLC's follower AI for Serana. It is fixed by entering setpqv DLC1NPCMentalModel LockedIn_var False into the console and speaking to Serana again. There is a miscellaneous file that contains a .txt file for this if you so desire. This file also contains a .txt to reset Serana's desire (or lack thereof) to cure her vampirism.
    Extract the .txt files to your Skyrim folder (not your Saves folder like the Clean Saves or the Data folder like with other mods) To execute these fixes simply load the save game you desire that has Serana in it and enter bat Follow and/or bat Cure into the console.

During the Stormcloak side of the Civil War quests when Galmar first speaks to you, you will not be able to respond as a Nord if you are a Nord who is also a vampire/Vampire Lord.
    Choosing the second option "Skyrim is home to more than just Nords." will advance the dialogue in the same direction as it would have had you been recognized as a Nord and been able to respond accordingly.
    Changing your race to Nord and back to a Nord vampire may work but has not been fully tested. It appears to work and does not seem to break any vampiric abilities, positive or negative.

Stage 3 vampires/Vampire Lords will experience some health/magicka/stamina regeneration (25%) instead of none with Dawnguard installed. This was fixed for vanilla vampires in an official patch which Dawnguard reverted.
    Feed or wait a day to reduce your stage below 3 or increase it to stage 4.

Also available on The Nexus and AFK Mods.

513 downloads

(1 review)

0 comments

Updated