DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

your top 10 fav. mods!

nanno

i thought it would be cool to add a fav. mod list, so other ppl can see wat you like to play with and maybe try it out themselves ;D :gather:

idk if someone allready made something like this, but i havent found it so im making 1 myself

oh and im not putting OOO and MMM etc up cause i think most peole allready have those

here are mine :rofl:

1. thieves arsenal: i love mugging people, especially town guards :P

2. vaults of cyrodiil: perfect for the thieves arsenal, eventhough you probably need like 100 lockpicks or the skeleton key to clear one vault ;P (lots of boxes with hard and very hard locks)

3. suprememagicka: a nice magic balancing mod, thats not overpowered, but also alot better than vanilla

4. RTT (ruined tails tale),:very nice companion mod, with a deep storyline althought it would be nice to have voice acting in those long conversations

5. the lost spires: awesome storyline and items, and with the voice-over, i even understand wat its about :woot:

6. treehome: a nice home for your character, with a lot of boxes to organize your things in ,and some extras

7. streamline 3.1: reduces the lag that i get sometimes, eventhough i shouldnt :rofl:

8. no psychic guards hard: allows you to to berserk on random peoplewithought getting caught that easly, but if you do get caught, your in for trouble bigtime :vader:

9. quest award leveller: allmost forgot this :hugs: , mod that lets you get the items you want early on withought having to worry about it being crappy 10+ lvls later

10. Kobu's character advancement system: a nice way to increase your skills withought the hassle of having to worry that your character will die too easly because you didnt lvl it right early on (i use the wheel system ;))

and, this is not a rating scale, but your 10 favorites mods ( so 1. is as just good as 10. etc.) because i dont want to go against the forum rules =) :nono:

so what about you guys?

hmmm....

1. Unofficail Patches

2. T.I.E (Ive even helped to develop it)

3. C.R.A.A.P (self mod only - sorry)

4. QTP3

5. An-Acane Cey: The Lost Sword of the Ayleids (use the rght name you two!)

6. Illumination Within Revived

7. Kvatch Rebuilt

8. Streamline

9. Natural Enviroments

10. Item Crafting

Hmm, this will probably change but (in no particular order).

1. Unofficial Patches (ESSENTIAL.)

2. The Ancient Towers (Great job WillieSea.)

3. Common Oblivion (All the literature in one game, wooh!)

4. Atmospheric Weather Systems (Makes the weather more interestin'!)

5. DarNified UI (I used to Use DarNified Dark UI, but I now realise I prefere the Vanilla colour scheme).

6. The Lost Spires (It was either this or the TA).

7. Midas Magic - Spells of Aurum

8. Unique Landscapes

9. The Book Jackets for Oblivion, SI and Spell Tomes, (the latter two are by another author, but intended to work with it).

10. The Ultimate Music Pack (Simply Beautiful!)

• 4 weeks later...

1) The Cyrodil Upgrade Overhaul and Resource Pack. Best overhaul mod out there for my tastes, changing hundreds of little things everywhere in the game and yet sticking to the lore (no Diablo or D&D imports). Also increases the challenge level of the game without becoming annoying; you won't be attacked by infinite packs of weak foes, but by one or two very tough enemies. A shame that events screwed up the distribution of this mod line. You can still download them here: http://www.novazone....ldmodlinks.html

2) Origin of the Mages Guild. Part of the CURP/CUT family of mods. A brilliant revamping of the Mages Guild, greatly extending the quest line and allowing you to feel like being Archmage means something more than a tiny room and some cheap robes.

3) Kvatch Aftermath. Also part of CURP/CUT, and an insanely good mod. Makes Kvatch, once you rebuild it, a vibrant, interesting city, full of side quests and secrets. Includes one of the best house mods available almost as a side note, and a full Necromancers Guild quest line (extended a bit further by The Necromancer).

4) Less Annoying Magicka Experience. Works well on its own or with Supreme Magicka and Midas Magic to make magic really interesting in Oblivion. Many surprising bonus features.

5) Talkie Toaster's Companion Share & Recruit. Makes almost every friendly NPC into a potential companion for your character, a huge help at low levels and still entertaining as the game goes on.

6) Rhianna, Viconia, and Saerileth companions. Hard to pick just one. Rhianna has an AI and special features that make her fantastic for early adventuring without making her over-powered, while Viconia and Saerileth are the best of the Romance mods if your character is so inclined. Romancing Eyja also deserves special mention here; if she didn't take so long to become available in game, she'd rank higher. Also worth mentioning Montana's Sexy Companion; when her storyline becomes available early in 2009, she looks like she'll be an amazing addition to the game.

7) Ruined Tale's Tail and Tears of the Fiend. An unbelievable amount of work went into these, and they set a high bar for story telling in Oblivion mods. I wouldn't want them as part of every game, as they force assumptions and dialog onto my characters and can be buggy, but these two are absolute musts to play through at least once.

8) The Lost Spires. Another high mark, especially when it comes to dialog and voice acting, an epic story that's also lore friendly. Very professionally done. The only serious flaws are the number of instant death traps and situations where a novel solution will break a quest. Still a fantastic mod, and one that's always part of my install.

Here's my top 10...

Patches:

1. Unofficial Patches (ESSENTIAL.)

Cosmetic:

2. Better Potion Bottles Reduced/Grimbots DLC Book Jackets (The Book Jackets for Oblivion), SI and Spell Tomes

3. Clocks of Cyrodiil v1.00

4. Qarl's Texture Pack III / QTP3 high detail LOD

5. Atmospheric Weather Systems

6. DarNified UI

Quests:

6. The Dungeons of Ivellon *******5 Stars*****

7. Knights of The White Stallion

8. Kvatch Aftermath / Origin of the Mages Guild / Necromancer / Elder Council (All these mods intertwine) brilliant!

Companion:

8. Companion Sonia II or Viconia DeVir

Overhauls:

9, The Cyrodil Upgrade Overhaul and Resource Pack

Homes:

10. Glenvar Castle

Note:

* I would also like to mention The Naked Nord (that was fun)... Good quest Mod

** And Any/all the Crowded Roads, they add a lot to my game.

*** I have been trying to get to Lost Spires for about 5 months now... Hope to start soon.. :pints:

OB, when you play The Dungeons of Ivellon ... Make sure you only use tourches as a light source!!!!! The atmosphere is AWSOME!

Will do!

I'm really looking forward to Gates of Asgard 1&2 right now as well, and to the quest line Montana has planned. Should be a cool new year. :candle:

Hhhmmm.....

FCOM. Yeah, I know, that is more than one mod..... but well, it's me....

Deadly Reflex.

Attack and Hide.

Stealth Overhaul.

Reneer's Guard Overhaul.

Near Miss arrow shot alterts the target.

Sneak attack skillups.

Can you tell I generally play a stealth character?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more of a "gosh look how perty this place is" kinda guy.. so I tend to use mods that add to the landscape or the utility of it.. that being said, in no particular order:

1. Unique Landscapes

2. Better Cities

3. Nicorishi Creations (gorgeous bows and some great swords and armor too.. plus ya gotta find 'em!)

4. Hoarfrost Castle (am I missing out on Glennvar castle?)

5. Clocks of Cyrodiil

6. Animated Window Lighting

7. StarX Vanilla Vampires Revised (ok so this one can be buggy during the character creation stage and wasn't finished as far as storylines go, but it's got a ton of new armors and weapons and the vampires are CREEPY!)

8. Wooden Bows Leather Armor by Brash (great stuff for elves/rangers.. including the ability to fletch arrows!)

9. Clean Quit :rofl:

10: Let the People Drink! :pints:

Honorable mentions: Candles for Cleptos, JQ backpacks, antiquated map, retros fletching and imbuing.

Notes: I haven't played through Knights of the white stallion, Lost Spires, Malevolent, Verona House, or Vaults of Cyrodiil, so I'm not mentioning them in the top ten.. but I DO have them installed and will be getting to them on one character or another soon I'm sure. I'll also try and download the Origin of the Mages guild stuff.. it sounds great!

• 6 months later...

guess i'll resurrect this old, dead thread. in no paricular order:

1. BW's Argonian Hair

2. Alexander's Wings

3. Argonian Beautification

4. IAFT Improved Argonian Facial Textures

5. Roberts Hentai Serenity armor

6. Roberts Sinful Mage outfit

7. Roberts Source Outfit

8. Roberts Argonian Skin

9. Robert Male Body V5

10. Robert Male Better Necklines

11. Scripted Argonian Feet

12. Slof's Oblivion Better Beasts

13. Slof's Oblivion Goth Shop

14. Slof's Oblivion Robe trader

ok, so thats more than ten. oh well.

I think much like "your top 10" anything, this might change dailyhourly, but a quick "top of my head top 10" is this lot:

• FCOM
  • moDem's City Life
  • Streamline
  • Decorator Assistant
  • Robert's Female Body
  • Bank of Cyrodiil
  • Open or Better or Open Better Cities (whichever works best with City Life/FCOM/etc!)
  • Survival Suite (needs updating for Shivering Isles, though)
  • DarkUI DarN
  • Immersive Interface

More functional than quest-related, but I've noticed mod users often tend to largely prefer one or the other...

What's CB Scrying? I'm not familiar with that one?

Oh, it's such a nifty little mod- it gives your character the ability to use the crystal balls we find everywhere in the game to "scry", or divine the future. :) Just set the crystal ball down and activate it, and see what happens- you could intuit the location of a nice treasure chest, you could glean a sudden insight into the art of Mysticism (your Mysticism skill goes up by one), you could divine a secret power from the stars(small beneficial permanent bonus to your character, or you could just befuddle yourself and become exhausted. Results vary, based on your Mysticism skill.

It's super random, and super fun! I highly recommend it. :)

Oh, it's such a nifty little mod- it gives your character the ability to use the crystal balls we find everywhere in the game to "scry", or divine the future. :D Just set the crystal ball down and activate it, and see what happens- you could intuit the location of a nice treasure chest, you could glean a sudden insight into the art of Mysticism (your Mysticism skill goes up by one), you could divine a secret power from the stars(small beneficial permanent bonus to your character, or you could just befuddle yourself and become exhausted. Results vary, based on your Mysticism skill.

It's super random, and super fun! I highly recommend it. :rofl:

Oooo definitley going to hunt that one up! It sounds fantastic! :rofl: Thanks Greenie!