DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Shipping a Mod and Glowing Weapons

Loony

Hello all,

I've got 2 questions:

1. I've commonly seen weapon or armor mods that have new pieces of armor or weapons that have a glowing aura or fog around them, how can we do that exactly? Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or tell me how that can be done?

2. I'm about to release a small mod which is part of a several part mod to be gradually released. I tested it out on a another PC and I found that the .NIFs are storing the texture directory EXACTLY as i specify it to be, when I put the Meshes and Textures folder INTO the test computer the objects loaded purple because the textures were looking for the Directory of the PC i made the mod on.

Example on my PC i pointed the NIF to C:GamesOblivionDataTexturestelestoneonetelestone.dds

however on a PC where oblivion is installed as C:Program FilesBetheshda and when the player places the files in that directory the TEXTURE DIR will not be correct

My question: How do we ship off a mod? Is there a special workflow i should follow? If not how can i get the texture dir to update depending on where oblivion was installed.

Thanks for all the help people

I look forward to reading your replies.

~Daniel LoOny Haddad

You need to set your texture paths to texturestelestoneonetelestone.dds in NifSkope, then it won't matter where the player has saved their Data folder.

Once you have the texture paths set just make a new folder on your desktop with your mod name name. Inside create a Textures folder and a Meshes folder. Copy the telestone folder from your texture folder and paste it into the textures folder you just made. Do the same for the meshes. Then put a copy of your .esp and a readme into the folder. Zip the whole thing up and upload it on a mod hosting site. It's that easy. If you have many textures and meshes, you may want to considering creating BSA files as they are compressed archives that will reduce your file size.  :no:

As for the weapon glow, most auras visible on weapons come from the effect shaders of an enchantment. But there are ways to add other effects to a weapon. If you show us a picture of what you want to acheive, it will be easy to tell you how they did it!  aa_biggrin.gif

Hello Hello

Thanks for the speedy reply

As for the aura

http://planeteldersc...ge.php?id=76930

Notice in this link the eyes of the ram hilt are glowing AND the sword is glowing both having different colors.

I'd like to know more about how i can achieve a multi aura effect

and a simple one at the same time

so if it's not much trouble can you guide me through the workflow?

Thanks again

What you're seeing as an aura effect is actually a very commen flame effect. Here's teh tutorial link: http://cs.elderscrol...mes_to_a_weapon

This tutorial will wlak you through step by step, it's kind of technical but if you follow each steap carefully you'll be fine. In the image you showed, the modder has actually altered the color of the flames and perhaps some of it's transparecy as well. You would need to retexture the flame textures using a program like GIMP as well as change the emissive color of the texture property in NifSkope.

Start with getting your weapon to flame up. Once you get that far, changing the color should be easy.  :rofl: