DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Patchwork Sky?

DarkRider

Hail Modders!

I'd like to use a custom stars texture for a unique worldspace, but the final result is not pleasing to the eye from every angle. The stars mesh is a globe with like 6 or 7 texture properties. If I apply my single texture to each of the properties I get a mismatched patchwork sky over head, complete with seams. It's wrecking my illusion. Is there a way to texture the .nif with a single texture property? Would the mesh be ruined if I deleted the extra material properties?

Okay, I think I figured out how to reduce the seams, but I have a new issue with my sky. The worldspace is supposed to have no daylight, a never ending night so I set all the sliders to the left. But at about 12am, the sky changes to the default Cyrodiil blue sky, then back an hour later. How can I stop that from happening? Any guesses?

By any chance is this the Realm of Azura?Also, maybe some pictures could show us better what is happening.

Nope, not the realm of Azura.

This is how it should appear 24/7:
MDEntry02.jpg

But around 12am, it just flickers to regular Cyrodiil sky, sun high, blue cloudless sky, lasts about an hour. Not sure how to stop that from happening.

No such thing as too colorful! The sky texture is made from real telescope images of our galaxy!  aa_biggrin.gif

ah that may be true, but 1. would you want to look up and everytime, be overwelmed by an overdose of colors? :blush:
2. i doubt oblivion chars have telescope eyes  :green:

i dont think skipping the hour would be a good idea because there are many quests, like the 1st thieves guild quest (finding the thieves guild) that take place from 12:00-1:00, and it would create alot of mod incompatabilities as well  :bagged:

No this only occurs in a unique worldspace, not in the Cyrodiil world space, with a different climate control than the rest of the world, so it wouldn't cause any time conflicts.

@Nanno - It's supposed to be a fantasy, a mystical realm (like the purple sky in Sheogorath's realm). You cant really get a feel for what it's like unless you've actually played it. The handful of screenshots I've made public don't do it justice, really. It may look super colorful now, but in game it doesn't have that effect..

The more fantastic the better I always say!

Messing with the sliders, I discovered that they want to remain in sequence: sunrise begin-sunrise end-sunset begin-sunset end, all separated by 10 minutes, however if you are stubborn with them they will become all the same time. Not sure if this is actually reflected in-game or not though.

Just check to make sure that they all say the same time at the on the right. You might also try moving all the sliders to the right instead of the left and see if that makes a difference.

If all this fails to work you could create a new Weather pattern, and simulate a night sky by adjusting all the options appropriately (pay close attention to the color of light that is emitted for each item and make sure that it says night for the time). Then put in your night sky texture as the sky texture. This might work. It's only speculative however.

Should I hold my breath for the results? Or should I wait a day or so? :blush:

Well, changing the sliders only changed the time of day it does its magical transformation. But your idea of adding the star texture in place of the regular sky texture lessened the effect. Now it just gets brighter for, really less than an hour, the sun just raises and then sets very quickly, but it's weird. I'd say 90% of all players would never be there at the time to catch it, but it's the 10% that will catch it and report it as a bug that makes me press on. Heading in the right direction though!  :bagged:

if your worried about the bug, just post it when you release the modi doubt many would care once they know its a know bug and being worked on

I think there are ways around this, this is a largescale quest mod, so it won't be released with known bugs. I'll stamp them out first!  :)