DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIP] Auoruuqhrum the Horse - Steed and Companion

Jheuloh

After having received much information about scripting and other necessary components related to companion design as a result of designing Wilson, and after noticing the dimwitted behavior of generic horses, I decided to make Auoruuqhrum, with the goals of creating a swift, smart, and powerful steed. :pints:

http://img381.images...ruuqhrummu8.jpg Her appearance, from a portrait view.

http://img167.images...triosizesu4.jpg Auoruuqhrum, when compared to the others around her (including my other work, namely Wilson.)

Now, what will make Auoruuqhrum special compared to standard horses is that she will be very controllable - you will be able to both tell her to wait for you and follow you, and will by default assist you in combat.

For now, there will be a diamond that is added to your inventory upon loading her 3D data, used to move

Auoruuqhrum will also be tough and durable. She will function under PC Level Offset, and her health and fatigue multiplier will be 25, meaning by level 45, she should have a whopping 1125 health! (Well, horses are bigger than humans, right?) aa_tongue.gif By level 16, she should have a health value equal to that of a white horse (400 health), and by level 30, Auoruuqhrum should have as much health as an armored white horse (750 health.) :wave:

Auoruuqhrum will have a Damage multiplier of one, meaning that by level 45, she will do 45 damage! (Only 3 points behind a Daedric Warhammer!)

Yet, she will also be faster than a typical black horse (at a speed value of 40), even if she will also be the most durable horse available. When riding Auoruuqhrum, you will no longer have to worry about whether or not you'll actually be saving more time by traveling on foot. :woot:

She is also essential, just as Shadowmere is, to ensure that you wont lose her to the local wolves and the like. :rofl:

Unlike my previous work, (Wilson the Clannfear Companion), Auoruuqhrum will have a storyline associated with her. I am not totally sure what this storyline will be, but it will be a reasonably involved one, nothin' too crazy though. :rofl: There will be a version with the storyline, and a version that just simply has Auoruuqhrum in it and nothing else. This 'no storyline' version will exist for those who either need/want a horse that can be picked up immediately, and for those who already have played through Auoruuqhrum's storyline.

To give her commands, Auoruuqhrum will add a Lesser Power to your spell list, with the name of 'Auoruuqhrum's Commands.' Upon using this spell, a menu box will appear, that has the options of 'Follow me', 'Wait here', 'Fight with me', or 'Defend Yourself'. The functions (and effects) of each choice are detailed below.

Follow Me: Auoruuqhrum will follow the player. Auoruuqhrum's follow player package is added to her list of AI Packages.

Wait here: Aurouuqhrum stops moving, unless a fight begins, or if she is moved in one way or another. Auoruuqhrum's follow player package is removed from her list.

Fight with me: Auoruuqhrum will attack foes which you attack. Her Aggression value is set to 5.

Defend Yourself: Auoruuqhrum will only attack foes which attack her first. Her Aggression value is set to 0. (Aggression value is 5 by default.)

Note: I will request for use of Alien Slof's textures before Auoruuqhrum becomes public!

Edit: While Auoruuqhrum in particular must be canceled (as I have upgraded from an AGP Motherboard to a PCI-E Motherboard, and so lost my old hard-drive), she will live on in in the horse named 'Aehrime', a black mare, with white fur near the hooves and on the forehead - she has the blue eyes and black/white tail and mane Auoruuqhrum possessed, however!

While Aehrime is slower than Auoruuqhrum, at a speed value of 35 (to ensure companions oriented around the standard black horse don't lag behind), this is made up for by having a damage multiplier of 2 - Aehrime does a whopping 90 damage at level 45! This enormous damage value is offset, however, by the slow attack speed of horses.

Edit #2: While this mod in particular has been cancellled,I have a more ambitious project to undertake, which will involve a mount of some sort. You'll have to wait and see what this mount is though. aa_tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When I upgraded from AGP to a PCI-E Motherboard, I lost all the progress on Auoruuqhrum - I'm back where I was, however!

The major difference from the previous version is that the horse is now named 'Aehrime', and black in coloration (with white near the hooves and on the forehead.) The black and white mane/tail and blue eyes are still present, however!

Set the speed to 35 rather than 40, to keep her close to standard horses, but still faster (and to ensure companions oriented around standard horses don't lag behind!)

Edit: This mod has been 'replaced' by a more ambitious project I have planned - see my first post for more details.