DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

WIPz The Dark Kings

darkom95

hello all. darkom here, and i am here to tell yet another site about the beauty of the dark kings. the dark kings are a group of assassins not unlike the dark brotherhood that works with sithis, not worshipping him. they can only be accesed after you are the listener of the brotherhood. they will have multiple sanctuaries, 12 probably, each in their own locations, and each accesed one after another as you go down the quest and assasinate more and more people. lots of npcs, lots of new places and hopefully some new textures and scripts, once i learn how^^. this is my first mod and if you want more information or if you want to help me with it, check out the bethsoft forums here. ty all

This sounds really interesting. I'm curious why you would tie the dark kings to Sithis at all. Why not create a different breed of assassin altogether, maybe one that serves the highest bidder rather then some seedy entity? Just throwing some ideas at you. You have a lot of potential to do something truly unique with this project, but ties to Sithis will still make it seem like the dark brotherhood. By making it unique you'll get more interest, you could still have the dark kings recruiting listeners from the dark brotherhood as if they only recruit the best, but I would like to see something that isn't so similar. Personally I hated the whole Sithis aspect of the brotherhood. It would be neat to see an assassin guild running without that.

Just my :simba:

I think it sounds like an interesting and ambitious project indeed, good luck!  :woot:

ok, yes RelicKylias i am in need of some new books. i can write them and email the word document to you, if that sounds good. Darkrider, thanks, i might do that. the whole point was that i hated how the brotherhood worshipped sithis, so i wanted to do something where sithis was actually in existance giving orders, the dark god. he is to be like sheogorath was in shivering isles, he is a god, but he was there like a king, a ruler of his own world with godly powers. sheogorath is the king of the shivering isles and sithis is the king of tamriell/ cyrodil. mwuahahaha. in the end, you become sithis' right hand man, talking to him like you talked to the night mother in the dark brotherhood. the night mother was only a single disciple of sithis that warped his ideals and created the offshoot of the dark brotherhood. one mission could be to kill the night mother^^.

The above sounds very interesting but you may want to do some Lore research on the Lore of Sithis and the Night Mother before creating your storyline and taking liberties.  Either that or clearly state in your wip and eventual relz thread that your mod is NOT Lore friendly.  This will save you from being roasted over the coals by the Lore hounds for they can be vicious.    aa_tongue.gif    

Here's a link you'll need to do your research - The Imperial Library.  That's a must have site for any Lore friendly mod.

:simba:

ok, yes RelicKylias i am in need of some new books. i can write them and email the word document to you, if that sounds good. Darkrider, thanks, i might do that. the whole point was that i hated how the brotherhood worshipped sithis, so i wanted to do something where sithis was actually in existance giving orders, the dark god. he is to be like sheogorath was in shivering isles, he is a god, but he was there like a king, a ruler of his own world with godly powers. sheogorath is the king of the shivering isles and sithis is the king of tamriell/ cyrodil. mwuahahaha. in the end, you become sithis' right hand man, talking to him like you talked to the night mother in the dark brotherhood. the night mother was only a single disciple of sithis that warped his ideals and created the offshoot of the dark brotherhood. one mission could be to kill the night mother^^.

Ok, I'm going to not keep a PM conversation going on the BGSForums, and instead just post here (its best to have everything together anyway, right?).  Anyway, concerning the Sithis thing, if you are trying to make this work in continuation of Lore, Sithis isn't really a person or god, he was more of an element or something (he didn't actually think or anything, he just existed, sort of like a virus).  On the other hand, if your throwing out the lore (I couldn't care less either way), then you can either do what you're saying, OR something different (for example, I tried to make a group of rival assassins to the Dark Brotherhood, more honorable and less occult).  Anyways, it makes no difference, I'm here for texturing :-P
    Speaking of texturing, I will try to make a banner like you described, and book covers (although I probably won't be able to work on them today).  You may wish to keep a running list of things you would like me (and anyone else who joins this... Hiya RelicKylias!) to create, that can be viewed here and checked off as stuff is made (which will also help you forumulate "percentage complete" numbers if you ever feel inclined to do so.  Anyway, good luck on yur end ;-)

CC

Hey Blokes,

Might be able to save you some work on the banner front. I had created this banner as an early concept piece in RST, but have since scrapped it and won't be using it. You're welcome to use it if you'd like. If it looks like something you want to run with, let me know and I'll send you the texture and normal map.

DeathBanner.jpg

Cheers!  :simba:

Ooh, very pretty!  Dunno if its what Darkom wants, but I like it!  Out of curiosity, how'd you do the border?  Is there a flag somewhere in vanilla with that border?  Is it a part of a different texture around the edges (looks sorta stone/gem-likeP?  Or did you make it from scratch?  Also, is the NM a generic-ish flag map, or is there any sort of embossment? (and more importantly, is that a word?)  Anyways, its very cool, and I'll wait to see what DarKom thinks ;-)

CC

Glad you like it R4C!  aa_biggrin.gif

The border I pulled from the vanilla blackwood company banner and recolored it to make it red. I like the BWC banner, always thought it was a little underused. By NM do you mean NormalMap? The normal map was made from scratch, I made a bump map of the banner once it was finished, then converted to a normal map using GIMP. NifSkope allows you to change the level of gloss on an image.

Not sure what Darkom was looking for, just thought I'd offer it. Won't hurt my feelings if you guys decide to create something else!  :smug:

yes, thank you darkrider, and relickylias. always ty to you running^^. lore has become an issue, i'll try to keep you guys as updated as i keep the bethsoft forums, ty for the banner darkrider, that would work. anything dark, bloody, firey, or crowny( having to do with crowns and kings)  should work. every member of our team is welcome to share plot and lore ideas, running, so don't think you're just here for work. any ideas are great^^. and i'm working on that list. pm me with any questions that you don't think everyone else will find interesting^^. ty very much all. the team is now about 5 members including myself.

Sweet, I don't need to make a banner! (lol, banner's are usually boring :-P).  Anyways, I thought as a little resource-like thing you may want to consider using a script that was created by myself in collaboration with the people on the BGS forums who actually knwo what they were doing.  If that was confusing, look at THIS thread.  When I was trying to make my own assassin guild a few months ago (don't ask about the result), I had the idea for a suit of armor that looked all white and good-guy-ish during the day, but at night it was dark and evil looking (glowing red part maybe :-P).  Anyway, by the end of this thread, the entire script had been figured out, and it worked to the T, I just never actually made the suit(s) of armor for with it... or really did much else with my assassin guild thing.  Anyway, I would love to see it used, and I think it would be a sweet gimick (in a good way), so I would recomend you read through that and see if you can implement it, assuming you want to (plus the thread is still techinically "active", so it could be revived).  Good luck with your lore-diving, btw ;-)

CC

EDIT @ DarkRider

Yes, by NM I meant normal map.  What I was asking was essentially what is "bumped out" on your normal map?  Is it essentially flat, or are the skulls "bumped out" or what?  It don't actually matter though, I'm just stating this for clarity :-P

lore has become an issue,-snip-

We can find a way to work your story into Lore, you'll just need to be flexible and do some reading in the Library.  :woot:  I did a small bit of digging for you to get you started.  For example, Sithis himself is more an abstract than an actual being.  Most of the Lore portrays Sithis as the first intelligence who created the Aedra.  His children, the aedra, then created realms of their own, breaking off from Sithis and the Void.  SIthis got pissed and created Lorkhan to bring them under control but Lorkhan double crossed daddy, and the rest you know from Morrowind's story.

EDIT @ DarkRider  Yes, by NM I meant normal map.  What I was asking was essentially what is "bumped out" on your normal map?  Is it essentially flat, or are the skulls "bumped out" or what?  It don't actually matter though, I'm just stating this for clarity :-P

I believe what is bumped out on the banner is the skulls and the frame, but only slightly, didn't wants a really bumpy texture!  aa_biggrin.gif

i do not know lorkhan's story well, but i have been reading, and any lore help you could offer would be great. check out bethsoft forums for updates on lore and other things, including team. ty all and, whoguru, would you be interested in joining my team of 6?

lore update: the kings are, until i can find a place to tie them in, not related to the dark brotherhood or the morag tong. they have no affiliations with sithis. i would love to work in the morag tong and brotherhood as heretic branches of the kings, that'd be awesome.

i'm thinking about making the kings worship lorkhan, the doom drum. it'd make things a lot easier.

any lore help would be welcome and i need a good modder that is both experienced and has been in or managed a mod team before. if someone that has leaded one before steps up, he can lead my team. ty all for support^^.

definately not lorkan, maybe mephala. i'm going to be out wednesday and active thurs. team, i sould be able to get you the esp over the weekend. it's not much, but it works. it requires nights of the nine, and might need the other official dlc expansions. i'll need emails if i want to send it to you, so pm me^^. ty all for help and support^^.