DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] The Isles of Aestas

Sitruk

Oracle-Warlocks-Aestas.jpg

The Isles of Aestas

The IOA (Isles of Aestas) Project is a new world space located in the deep south of Nirn. A land once ruled by Pyandonean Kings has now come under control by the powerful warlocks of Summerset. Aestas has been ruled for many years as the last defence and outpost that maintains peace with the neighbouring Maormers of Pyandonea. Our mod will create a new large explorable worldspace with many hours of new quests, unique architecture and an in-depth altmer/aldmer/maormer culture brought to life. The player will lead a journey across the lands of Aestas to the end of the world.

NEW UPDATE

A big thanks to lordrahl for allowing us to use his "Lands End" project as the foundations for Aestas. We have gone through roughly about five different worldspaces all of which have been lost. :pints:

What to expect?

-large new mainquestline & sidequests

-New worldspace

-parts of Pyandonea, Summerset, & Thras

-new non-playable Maormer race based off lore descriptions

-new meshes

-new creature race ( secret )

-+ much more

NOTE: I will update the rest of the information soon.....

aestasentrance01.jpg

Warlocks-1.jpg

gandralatta01.jpg

gandralatta02.jpg

templeofmoon.jpg

warlocks.jpg

gandralatta03.jpg

gandralatta04.jpg

Oblivion2009-02-1318-50-27-62.jpg

Oblivion2009-02-1122-23-29-85.jpg

Oblivion2009-02-1122-20-52-59.jpg

Oblivion2009-02-1319-08-06-44.jpg

Oblivion2009-02-1122-14-20-19.jpg

palace.jpg

Here's some pictures of the model we made for the Parliament on Aestas:

parliamodel.jpg

PICParliament02.jpg

PICParliament01.jpg

Edited by Sitruk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, everything is finally coming together. Like the description of Summerset says, the buildings are so white that the sun makes them so bright people can't wait till the sun goes down. Trust me, during the daytime this place is so bright its blinding. In a week or so I will have an aerial shot of the city, including everything.

ALSO

Anyone interested in generating a prototype LOD using the TES Gecko please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Work is moving slowly as of now. For the past few weeks I've been sick, plus very, very busy so I've had little time to work on Aestas. Its ISU time at our school and projects are being loaded on by the day. I'm still waiting for a few lines from a couple other people so I can make the next trailer. The mod should start picking up speed again once were into mid April. My helper will be handling most of the work on Aestas while I'm busy.

Here's some recent updates:

The City - Both above and underground parts of the city are well on their way to completion

The Landmass- no vegetation yet put all the land creation is done

Brand new statues made using 3D Max, 7 statues completed so far (will add screenshots soon)

Retextured mr.siikas ships to white wood and added them to the harbour

Hopefully I'll be back working on Aestas in a couple weeks. :pints:

S.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, some major changes to report... After a couple hours of discussion myself and Leahcim reached a major descision on the IOA project that will affect its future direction. He is responsible for building the original Aestas worldspace as seen in many of the screenshots.

The amount of work being put into that island was becoming overwhelming and tedious. As of today the enitre IOA project is being restructured beginning with of course the island itself. The questline is being rewritten as well as the history. Disregard the IOA website as it is being changed soon.

Within a couple weeks everything is being updated. Leahcim has all ready reconstructed most of the Aestas worldspace and trust me it looks promising. (and very HUGE , the new city myself and Leahcim designed is more beautiful than ever. I hope to post new screenies soon) The newly constructed IOA project will hold a lot more content thanks to the additional help, to give you an idea we will be expanded on the "Elements of the South" including parts of Pyandonea, Thras with a new non-playable race the Maormers and a possibility of a static sload creature race. Like I said, hopefully in the next two weeks I'll get more pictures and a firm story in.

S. XD

• 4 weeks later...