DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

[WIPz] Telekinetic Damage

Colin_man

So I'm working on my very first mod  :woot:  

It's going to add one new spell as well as a small cave NE of Lleyawiin.. and one NPC to the Arcane University.  I've just finished the first "draft" of the cave and have a couple of questions:  

My Map Marker isn't activating correctly, AND the marker itself (the red box) is viewable in-game .... how did I do that?  :cry:  How can I fix it?

Also I'm trying to use a benign version of the Will-o-the-Wisp creature.  Is there a way to make it not act like a creature?  I thought all that I would have to do would be to change it's faction, but they still attacked me, even though I belong to their same faction   :woot:

I MAY need the services of a female Voice Actor who can do a middle-aged Altmer.  Any takers?  very few lines.. maybe ten? (sorry guys.. I uh.. I got the male NPC taken care of  :pints: )

I can handle your lines when you get to that point!   :woot:  Pretty sure I can pull off middle aged. Ahem.   :pints:  

I know it is possible to make the Will o the wisp benign. You remember the link I  gave you on Beth for the KF Chapel shop? Download that and open it in the CS. Inside the chapel are three or four Will p the Wisps that are just the way you're looking for. Check them out and that may answer your questions!

Ok WhoGuru.. I'll have a script for you soon!  maybe tonight, but I HAVE to get some VO stuff done first.  

The Wisps are no longer Hostile! Woot!  I'll just have to figure out how to get the quest written and (gulp) make .LIP files next.. but I think I remember a tutorial about that around here somewhere.  Oh.. I should probably post a screenie or two, too. I'll include one of the weirdness concerning my Map Marker.

Here's some preliminary shots! Be kind, this is my first mod.. but having said that, is there anything you think I could/should add to the cave to make it seem more "magical" or more like the home of a mysticism master?

ScreenShot7.jpg

Your Quest-giver!

ScreenShot1.jpg

Unassuming, no?

ScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpg

Thanks for looking in!

My Map Marker isn't activating correctly, AND the marker itself (the red box) is viewable in-game .... how did I do that?  :pints:  How can I fix it?

Do not make a copy of the >Static >Mapmarker object.

Simply drag the existing mapmarker static object to the exterior worldspace location. Then double-click on it. One of the tabs on this reference window that pops up will allow you to set the correct options for how you want the map marker to work.

sweet. That must have been what I did.  I was in the habit of copying things from the dungeon tutorial.  I'm still unclear on what I can and can't copy.  Thanks for the tip!

@Whoguru - If I wanted to make cobl necessary for my mod I think I could do that, too.. but then.. it's so tiny a mod  :pints: