DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

(Post-WIP) Construction of a new mod.

Vereta

[align=center]The Development of Something Wonderful[/align]

My fellow Americans (and other foreign friends) it has been brought to my attention that I have never succeeded in developing a mod of my own. I know, I know, it also shocked me to my very core and so it is here where I will build the frame of my new mod. Ideas will be gathered here and then they will be built upon. Eventually, when I get my new computer and my Oblivion running on it, I will began constructing said mod. I will be working at a hospital as an assistant with a large pay starting this Summer. I promise you I will. My laziness in the past has prevented me in doing my duty. Well, now that I have kicked that laziness in the !@# there is nothing to worry about. I have this utter feeling of determination rising within my gullet. From here on out I take an oath to complete my first mod and release it into the masses, cleaned and polished until it is as shiny as my Coca-Cola can. And now, the debate.

--

Please help me in developing ideas for my first mod. As of now I have nothing on my mind. Let us put our minds together in a giant, writhing mass of ingenuity. When ideas form I will began posting them in this spot. Let your minds go, let the ideas flow like liquid in your mind!

Thanks, dudes.

Vereta

House mod is a great way to go! I'll be starting my own soon too I hope!   :candle:  I need to build my dream house!

So, let's start with where you would like to build it. Knowing the area may give us ideas as to what small quest to add, not to mention what kind of house you'd want to build,

Oh that would be a gorgeous area for a house!   :smug:  I was about to go in game and play for a bit. Perhaps I'll go scouting for you and see if I can find a likely spot!

Now, for a quest, I'd say definitely do one in order to get the house. I see more people over on Beth complaining about how homes are just "given" to them and require no effort and that it's immersion breaking.   aa_tongue.gif  We could actually drop the Key for your house in Fort Black Boot. It's only a single zone but isn't quest related so there'd be no worries there.

Fort Black Boot

Of course, nothing says you  have to make the location that close to the house either! :candle: You could always really make the player work for it!

I'll probably create a cave so that I could practice that as well.

ROAD TRIP!

Now, I want story behind this house. Let's begin debating that. Owner? Reasons for construction?

Or you can go screen shot some areas of interest for me for now if you would be so kind. It doesn't have to be where I said.

Okay! I got a bit of scouting done before my game crashed.  :candle:  Sometimes the Fill Map code just kills it. LOL But I needed to see if there was anything nearby that would be messed with. Worth it!

That location in the West Weald is gorgeous V! It will make a great place for a house! You will have to be a bit careful exactly where you put it, as the Priory of the Nine and one of the Lost Spires are in that area as well. No worries though!

Here's a couple screens of the first site I picked. It's down in the valley, not far off from the Priory actually.

V-Site01.jpg

And it's map location:

V-Site01-2.jpg

This is the second site. This one is on the ridge above the valley and WOW what a view in any direction!

V-Site02-1.jpg

V-Site02-3.jpg

V-Site02-4.jpg

And it's Map location:

V-Site02-2.jpg

What do you think? Of course, you may change your mind entirely once you have Oblivion installed again and can actually go look around for yourself! LOL

The second one looks really nice and secluded. I like.  :candle:

I thought you would, which was why I grabbed more screens of it. Had a feeling you were going to like that one. It's a good flat area up there too. Perfect for building once you mow some of the grass!  :smug:

Indeed. How about a background for the house itself? I want to voice act for it so I'm thinking of adding a character or two to it. A hostel?

Oh, by the way. Tell me what you think of my audition for the Underdark's recent project. (signature)

Hmm. A hostel eh? The owner could be some wealthy adventurer. He started out poor and through adventuring acquired enough gold to build a house up on the ridge looking out over Cyrodiil. Opened his home to other travelers before taking off himself in search of more adventure. That could become your quest actually, searching for him. Perhaps he told one of the people staying at his house that he was going to explore a nearby cave he'd just found and never returned?

You could have the travelers actually locked out of the house because he took the key with him, meaning to be back soon and the player will have to go and find him, or his body, and the key.

and your audition for the Mindslayers is FANTASTIC!   :candle:

The cave could be infested with low-level goblins and a few mid-level warlord goblins or witch goblins. When you reach the end of the cave you find the hostel owner's body in some sort of position in the last chamber with some sort of mid-level goblin. Something along those lines, eh?

Thanks for the compliment. :candle:

I'm gonna' write some line for a young traveler that hangs around the hostel, if only to get some work done. Could you possibly write a background for another traveler? Any sex could do as long as I can find a voice actor for a female one. I'm gonna' have some dialogue topics that say background and when you click on them the NPC explains a bit about themselves. Similar to Morrowind I guess.

Here's some basics:

Greetings

1.     The names Emil, just Emil. I'm staying here for a while. Now, what's on your mind. (Introduction)

2.     Yeah?

3.     What’s on your mind?

4.     Hey.

5.     What is it?

Goodbyes

1.     Farewell.

2.     Another time, then.

3.     Goodbye.

4.     So soon?

Background

1.)Don’t worry about it. (Low disposition)

2.)I’m what you call a runaway, I guess. My parents are rich, but that’s not the life I want. I want to live the life of a man not some pampered little kid. I want to live a life of adventure! I want to be able to prove my worth in this world. But… life doesn’t always give you what you want. I ran into some goblins a few days ago. They took me down pretty quick. The owner of this Hostel, Kalen Farwatch, pulled me out before they could do anything fatal to me. I owe him my life. I hope he’s ok… (Pre-death.)

3.)I’m what you call a runaway, I guess. My parents are rich, but that’s not the life I want. I want to live the life of a man not some pampered little kid. I want to live a life of adventure! I want to be able to prove my worth in this world. But… life doesn’t always give you what you want. I ran into some goblins a few days ago. They took me down pretty quick. Kal pulled me out before they could do anything fatal to me. I owe him my life. I just can’t believe he’s gone… (Post-death.)

Kalen Farwatch

1.) What do you care? (Low disposition.)

2.) Kal's the toughest guy I've ever met. He's nothing like all the pampered men and women back at where I live. I guess you could call him my idol.

Pandora Grunewald

1.) What are you talking about? (Low disposition.)

2.) You know... she's a little strange, isn't she? I don't really know what to make of her. We don't really talk much either. I can tell you that she was here before I was, but that's about it. Sorry.

I'tan

1.) What are you talking about? (Low disposition.)

2.) I'tan is Kal's best friend. He doesn't talk much. (Pre-death.)

3.) I'tan is Kal's best friend. He doesn't talk much, but he doesn't have to. It's obvious he's taking it the hardest. (Post-death.)