DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Question about the passing of time in oblivion.

Endorphin

Is there any way to make the time sync with your internal clock settings?

Just trying to make my game a little more realistic and I feel as though if I actually had to wait till say 9am for something, instead of just hitting rest till 9am, it'd be a little more fun for me.

Thanks guys.

Thank you very much!

I would love to have a mod that will get rid of the rest command, maybe change it so when you are sitting for a certain amount of time your health will start regening...although I'm not sure how leveling would be effected.

Also, wasn't there a mod for getting rid of the quick travel?

Thank you very much!I would love to have a mod that will get rid of the rest command, maybe change it so when you are sitting for a certain amount of time your health will start regening...although I'm not sure how leveling would be effected.Also, wasn't there a mod for getting rid of the quick travel?

No Fast Travel

There is also a setting in the ini for instant level up, no need to rest. :D just add/change the line in the ini, under gameplay:

bInstantLevelUp=1

• 3 weeks later...

But what will happen for the quests where sleeping is nessecary?

For example, the bravil mages guild quest?

I suppose one could just remove the sleep time menu and launch the player straight into the dreamworld. But I still think it would cause some problems.

• 4 weeks later...

But what will happen for the quests where sleeping is nessecary?

For example, the bravil mages guild quest?

I suppose one could just remove the sleep time menu and launch the player straight into the dreamworld. But I still think it would cause some problems.

I never had any problems that I was aware of.

Though not strictly what the OP was asking for, there's a couple of things I think make quite a big difference. First, slow down the game's internal passing of time--a lot. Normally it passes at 30 times the speed that your clock says, so every minute of real time is 30 minutes of game time. I used the console command "set timescale to x" to change it, I find that 10 is a good figure to use; less than that and it does become a bit too slow, but more and it feels like time really is rushing by too quickly.

Next is the use of a "hunger/thirst/sleep" mod. I use some ancient thing called Survival Suite (I think) but whilst very good, it's a bit long in the tooth now and doesn't take into account things like foodstuffs and water sources in the Shivering Isles. But these things make you follow more of a set routine, and I found that doing so really did bring my game to life: replacing constant questing with "paced questing" because my character needed to actually do basic stuff just to live made a huge difference.

And then there's just some extra roleplaying, non mandatory stuff but sticking to a regular schedule; mods like Darker Nights can help here where it becomes less practical to do 24 hour questing because you can't see what you're doing. Plus my character likes doing stuff like going for a swim to wash off goblin phlegm or what have you.

So, perhaps not quite what you were looking for, it might still make a difference.

Everything you've suggested helps tremendously to roleplay and to make the land seem bigger. I think that's the main reason to slow down the timescale.

Everything you've suggested helps tremendously to roleplay and to make the land seem bigger. I think that's the main reason to slow down the timescale.

I wonder if we should keep a list of hints & tips for general improvements in roleplay? The things I listed were just odds'n'sods I discovered through trial and error, but they do make such a difference to the overall experience. The only one I can think of offhand that didn't work for me is Fran's slower levelling; by the time I get to ~300 hours or so I'm ready to start again, and it would be nice to be a higher level than, say, 30 (or at least I imagine it would - on the other hand, it might not!) The "die once" style of RP isn't my cup of tea either, but some people seem to like it.

Maybe list some "gotchas" as well, though: a current example is an FO3-specific bug where I've found that approaching 100 hours of gameplay with a single character, some in-game objects can become corrupted rendering certain cells unplayable (it is fixable, but very, very difficult). I'm not sure of obvious problems with protracted games in Oblivion, though, particularly now that the FormID bug has been fixed, though the "a-bomb" thing makes it worth console users avoiding long games, I guess. But I've completely got off the point now!