DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Arena Guild Guide

Psykolabe

Sorry still in the works, and I will update regurlarly until finished.

A. Strategy

� � � � � � �As most of you know, this is absolutley crucial to any good fighter, especially being able to think in the heat of battle. Luckliy for you, you have the luxury to pause in a fight. I don't usually because it kinda masses with my flow, but new players? feel free! Also in this guide, I'm using 'Archer' and 'Ranger' as two seperate things.

Archer- A pure-blood bow and arrow man, till the dying breath.

Ranger- Bow and arrow, and switch to dagger/shortsword if nessecary.

Common strategies-

Camo-kill: Cast Chameleon before the gate opens, sneak behind the enemy, back up, re camo, and repeat. A good, albiet slow, method for killing if you have the Magicka.

ChaserCircles: Run Backwards while facing the enemy(enemies), and fire off arrows/spells into the enemy.

ChaserStop: For this strategy you usually must be facing an enemy with a large weapon that takes time to swing, i.e. claymore or Warhammer. Charge the enemy, hit them once then back off quick, it takes them awhile to swing and miss, so fire off some long range weapon bow shots/spells into the enemy as he waves around his weapon. Repeat RIGHT BEFORE he fully recovers after a missed swing. The timing of this will take practice.

High-Ground- Sometimes, you will get lucky and get to a high enough point where melee fighters cannot reach you, however, this method is very unstable and depends mostly on glitches, DO NOT depend on this strategy to win unless you have a fool-proof way to get to the high-ground.

F-S-B-S-F-S-H-S-: Flurry, Stun, Blast, Stun, Flurry, Stun, Heal, Stun a relentless stream of blade attacks and magic, with a little heal tossed in there. When you see yourself beginning to run out of mana, just flurry, stun, flurry, stun for a bit to recharge. this is all melee.

No-Quarter: This is just LMB spam, you run in and chop the enemy to bits, even at a cost of your own health.

Sitting Duck: Use a paralyze spell and just destroy the paralyzed enemy by any means nessecary.

Commander: Summon a bunch of creatures to fight for you, sit back, relax, and enjoy. Mabye fire off a few shots of arrow or magic here and there. By the time they are dead, you will have recovered enough magic to summon more. If not, use a few potions, no big deal.

Spi-ping (spell sniping): This requires a good deal of being able to predicgt movements and timing if you want to use this method in the wild. You stand far away and fire off spells into expected places that you think the npc will run after the first hit.

Turn-Slash: A quite annoying method of combat commonly employed by your opponent. They will run towards you, then it will seem that they suddenly dissapear, but they are still hitting you. Wrong. They went behind you and, depending on your mouse, this can be rather difficult to combat.

B. Gambling

Urgh...

I hate it, but its a decent way to earn money if you think you're lucky. Luck will give the team member you bet on more health or less health accordingly. There is an invisible barrier that stops you from interfering with the fight unfortunatley, so if you were hoping to shoot a few arrows down there, your outta luck, sorry. Also, you can only bet in increments of 10, 25, 50 and 100. To participate in an arena match, you must first "clear" all gambling stakes by watching a match.

C. The fighting.

The Name in quotes is the title or rank in the Arena faction/guild, the amount of gold is the amount of gold earned for battles won. Keep in mind that at the end of every rank, the last fight has a 50 gold bonus added to the original winnings. Also, the ____ levels above in the parenthesies refers to how many levels above you the opponents will be.

C1. "Pit Dog"(50 gold)

(1 Level Above)

i. A Wood Elf melee, Light Shield/Helmet and longsword. Easy-Meduim. Just run in and hack 'em up.

Magic Users: Rage some spells, spam him. He's the first enemy, so this shall not be a challenge.

Range users: The same, use some decent strangth arrow spam.

(1 Level Above)

ii. Imperial, Melee, Heavy helm and shield but still a longsword. I usually just shoot him a few times with arrows then spells until he heals, then go in and finish the job.

Medium-med.Difficult

Meele Users: Make sure you have a longer-range weapon, like a claymore, so you can slash him, then jump back and block.

Magic users: Throw some powerfull spells his way, and definitley use Chameleon a few times to get a little advantage

Archer/Ranger: Use the Chase strategy, launch a few good arrows at the beginning and just have him follow you around. Go up to him, and while he's warming up to swing, back off to a safe distance, and fire your arrow.

(1 Level Above)

iii. Argonian Archer, light armor, just blitz him. C'mon. You know you want to.

Mages: Rush, and spell spam him. or sp-ipe (Spell sniping). Only use long-range attacks if you are good at dodging arrows or can block really fast for arrows.

Archer: I guess you can have a bow battle, just jump or block to avoid getting shot, or move behind the pillar. I always prefer jumping, because you can still hold your bow in a ready position, however, this method requires much more skill then just blocking, so this is a good time to practice.

Ranger: Same as melee, rush him.

C2. Brawler (100 gold)

(2 Levels Above)

i. Nord, Axe-Melee, a bit difficult because of the stuns. PRACTICE BLOCKING. I cannot stress this enough, practice switching quickly from hits to block and back again. It will save you MANY times. Also, remember not to spam click with the LMB. If you do, the game usually adds in another slash or two after your done, making it impossible to block in time.

Mages: Have a shield, and learn to run backwards (3ed person view can be very useful if you know how to use it). Seriously. At this point in the arena, you need to start practicing strategy instead of charging into things guns-a-blazin'. I mean, thats definitley an option now, but you'll definitley have to heal a bit and waste a few potions you shouldent have to later if you don't practice proper methods.

Archer: Very close to the same as a mage, run backwards and fire off some shots.

Ranger: Rush in and score a few hits, block and stun him. While he is stunned, jump back and fire off a few arrows while he chases you from a moderate distance. Repeat until dead.

(1 level above respectivley)

ii. Your first unfair match (of many)! 2 Wood Elf sisters, Claymore and Bow. Unfortunatley, the Bow-girl has a Chameleon spell. D:

I'd kill the claymore sister first personally, because if you have the (Claymore) Sister in a good position, the other sister can't shoot without moving, and when she does, move again. Also, if you rush the archer, the claymore will pop up behind you and cut up your back and the archer will most liikley dissapear anyway.

Mage: Fire off spells whenever you get an open shot on the bow sister, but focus your attention on the claymore sister primarily.

Archer: Kill the Claymore sister first, but remember to dodge a few arrows while running.

Ranger: Kill the Claymore sister, when she is dead, Blitz the bow sister with a flurry of melee attacks.

(2 Levels above)

iii. Khajiit Axe. Strong but a bit slower then the rest. He's more-a-less like a close-combat tank, DO NOT GET TOO CLOSE.

Melee: If you actually get stunned, he will take away large amounts of health very fast, use the Butterfly-esque style (If you ever played GunZ, you'll know what I'm talking about).

Mage: You should be able to run at a safe distance to fire off some spells.

Archer/Ranger: Switch in and out of close combat and bow, When he seems to be catching up to you, stop, switch to blade or which ever melee weapon you choose, and batter him up a bit, then go run off again. The running gives you a chance you restore some health and land some good hits where your true powers lie, in Marksman.

C3. Bloodletter(150 Gold, and a creepy title)

i. Redguard who uses either a sword or mace. It doesent matter either way, seriously, he's not a huge challenge compared to what you have fought. The balancing is as follows, with the sword, he is quicker but the attacks do less damage. With the Mace, attacks are slower but do a bit more damage, and stuns galore if you arent properly trained in blocking. Quick-saving and the Quick-Loading to get a different weapon isint really worth it in this match, unless you really want every last advantage you can get over your opponent.

ii. Breton with shortsword. Majory confusing batte, due to Turn-Slash. She has some speed and agility potions that make close combat annoying and hard to follow at times (depending on set game difficulty) and makes the "Chasing" and shooting strategy rather difficult to accomplish. She has the perfect weapon set for this, Heavy Raiment, a fast-striking shortsword, and speed spells that null the weight of the heavy armor, and then some. She will pretty much just be a harder-to-kill version of all the quick, light-armored arena people you fought.

Mages and Archers/Rangers: This will be a VERY tough fight for you, she is fast enough to catch you in the Circle methods, so that is out of the question, as is ChaseStop, because her shortsword takes very little time to swing. If you really feel the need to stick to magic or bows, get alot of speed and athletics up potions or spells.

All in all, Not that hard if you have basic training. Just a very long fight. Sorry.

iii. Dark Elf Ranger with sword, Rush him like a Zerg and make him switch to Melee. He's terrible at Melee. Kill him easily.

Mage: Charge him with spells, and just back off until he equips a bow again, rush again, and blast him until he re-equips the bow. Repeat until dead.

Archer: Range battle time! a good place to practice your arrow dodging skills.

Ranger: Get off a few shots while you are charging him, then finish the job with the blade. Alternativley, one may do the same as the mage, and fire off arrows until he re-equips the bow.

C4. Myrmidon (YES! But no Achillies, unfortunatley)

i. Wood Elf with frost dagger. Not too difficult, the frost enchantments shouldent give you -too- much trouble, Just watch for the block and you should be fine.

Magic: ChaseCircle method seems to work fine, I actually managed to kill this guy before I even needed to run alot.

Archer: ChaseCircle

Ranger: ChaseCircle into flurries back into chase circle after stun.

ii. High-Elf Light Raiment/Armor+longsword. Another fair combatant, a medium difficulty.

Melee: Stun, flurry, Stun, Flurry. Pretty much the basic strategy from here on.

Magic: GET A SHEILD.Stun and blast. I'd still reccomend

iii. Orc with Battle Axe. Heavy armor. A skull-bashing tank. you can take a few hits, but stay as far away as possible.

Melee: ChaseStop. Or if you don't have the timing for it, just swing, stun, swing.

Archer: ChaseCircle

Ranger: ChaseStop