DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

It feels more awarding

ntom

It doesn't take a quest in the game to make a unique weapon to oblivion feel rewarding...well atleast not to me. When I take the time to work Nifscope to get a mesh/textures from a resource into the CS. I don't, maybe some of you might put the unique weapon into a quest for public release or maybe just because thats how you like it, but to me, I get the enjoyment of figuring out the damn program and getting it into the cs. I find a nice little spot to set the new stuff down and tuh-duh! next time I load a fiel I go pick it up and my charecter looks cool :candle:

It doesn't take a quest in the game to make a unique weapon to oblivion feel rewarding...well atleast not to me. When I take the time to work Nifscope to get a mesh/textures from a resource into the CS. I don't, maybe some of you might put the unique weapon into a quest for public release or maybe just because thats how you like it, but to me, I get the enjoyment of figuring out the damn program and getting it into the cs. I find a nice little spot to set the new stuff down and tuh-duh! next time I load a fiel I go pick it up and my charecter looks cool :rofl:

oh i sooooo know where you're going with this. it feels so rewarding to load up a game, and see something YOU yourself have created, alongside professionally done works... that, and the satisfaction of seeing your work in screenshots by 3rd parties.

oh i sooooo know where you're going with this. it feels so rewarding to load up a game, and see something YOU yourself have created, alongside professionally done works... that, and the satisfaction of seeing your work in screenshots by 3rd parties.

yeah I wish my works that I put in NIFsckope were my own works...but the works I put in NIFscope is usually a modders resource that I found that I want to use in my game.

Usually I use the modders resource, and then put some sort of enchantment on it so that way its actually usefull to my charecter.

I adore when people use my houses in their screenshots. :smug: Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling every time to see my work being used and enjoyed. On the personal side, I love going in game to look at my homes, or right now the village I'm working on, and be able to say "I did that."

:rofl: *is a happy Obliv-i-geek*

I adore when people use my houses in their screenshots. XD Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling every time to see my work being used and enjoyed. On the personal side, I love going in game to look at my homes, or right now the village I'm working on, and be able to say "I did that."

:pints: *is a happy Obliv-i-geek*

one of my favorite things to do in the game is to turn on one of my Beta mods and sit at a very specific cave I added to the game.

what's so special about this cave? well besides the fact that I made it, I have a special script running on it that allows the weather to change when I am a specific distance from it (like an oblivion gate...cept the weather is different type than Oblivion Gates)

I enjoy seeing the fact that I did that scripting...and I suck hard at scripting!

one of my favorite things to do in the game is to turn on one of my Beta mods and sit at a very specific cave I added to the game.

what's so special about this cave? well besides the fact that I made it, I have a special script running on it that allows the weather to change when I am a specific distance from it (like an oblivion gate...cept the weather is different type than Oblivion Gates)

I enjoy seeing the fact that I did that scripting...and I suck hard at scripting!

Yes, writing a script and seeing it work correctly in-game is extremely rewarding, especially for us non-programming sorts. And if you get one to work, like a weather change, then it's more than obvious you don't suck at it!

But I have yet to get the thrill of seeing my work in other people's screenies. I guess something must be released first! :pints: I guess the fun of making a new place, then going into the game and exploring it, takes away my time to finish most things. I'm an avid playtester.

Yes, writing a script and seeing it work correctly in-game is extremely rewarding, especially for us non-programming sorts. And if you get one to work, like a weather change, then it's more than obvious you don't suck at it!

But I have yet to get the thrill of seeing my work in other people's screenies. I guess something must be released first! :pints: I guess the fun of making a new place, then going into the game and exploring it, takes away my time to finish most things. I'm an avid playtester.

eh...I haven't finished a single mod yet. that little mod that I have the script in is my little quest mod that I am learning how to make a quest mod in XD

The player has to retrieve an item, but its guarded by a fierce monster in a deep dark cave (actually its just 1 large room) and the outside of the cave has a wrecked ship with crap and dead bodys spewed everywhere and ofcourse a dark omunous thunderstorm that floats around it...:smug:

I adore when people use my houses in their screenshots. :rofl: Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling every time to see my work being used and enjoyed. On the personal side, I love going in game to look at my homes, or right now the village I'm working on, and be able to say "I did that."

:pints: *is a happy Obliv-i-geek*

Couldn't agree more.

Recently, I found out on my Smokey Chimneys mod's Nexus page the following screenshot :

21072-1-1231586825.jpg

It literally took my breath away.

Oh WOW! That is a beautiful screenie! It's awesome knowing your work inspired people to take screens like that isn't it? :pints: I still go to my Halcyon House page and just oogle the ones Floyd took with it and get all giddy. :lmao:

For example, my personal favorite and my current desktop thank you Floydian!

25010-3-1244597932.jpg