DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Mystery CTD Armour, Anime too good for Oblivion?

Si-Shen

Ok, so I have been using this mod, AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set, by A TYPE2, however I have encountered a problem that is beyond me at my current level of knowledge. It seems ONLY to effect one set out of the entire mod, the KISARAGI armour. It seems that when you are struck by magic, it causes a CTD. To cause the CTD, you must recieve magical damage from either a spell OR weapon, as soon as you do, the game will CTD. If the damage is completely resisted, there is no CTD however that makes the game a bit un-interesting when you make yourself that way. It took me a few tries to narrow it down to the armour alone. I personally don't know how to fix this issue myself, or I would so I am asking for some help to find out what is the actual cause with the armour and how to fix it.

I have no intention of releasing the mod under my name if/when it is fixed and unfortunatly asking the modder for help is likely out of the question, unless someone else can speak and type in Japanese. Any help would be appreciated, the link to the mod is below.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21568

Si-Shen

Ok, so I have been using this mod, AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set, by A TYPE2, however I have encountered a problem that is beyond me at my current level of knowledge. It seems ONLY to effect one set out of the entire mod, the KISARAGI armour. It seems that when you are struck by magic, it causes a CTD. To cause the CTD, you must recieve magical damage from either a spell OR weapon, as soon as you do, the game will CTD. If the damage is completely resisted, there is no CTD however that makes the game a bit un-interesting when you make yourself that way. It took me a few tries to narrow it down to the armour alone. I personally don't know how to fix this issue myself, or I would so I am asking for some help to find out what is the actual cause with the armour and how to fix it.

I have no intention of releasing the mod under my name if/when it is fixed and unfortunatly asking the modder for help is likely out of the question, unless someone else can speak and type in Japanese. Any help would be appreciated, the link to the mod is below.

http://www.tesnexus....le.php?id=21568

Si-Shen

Downloading now, I will have a look, and see what i can find. Might be a bit though, as I have to head out soon.

ç§ã¯ç§ãŒç§ã®ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ“スをæä¾›ã§ãã‚‹ã“ã¨ã‚’推測ã™ã‚‹ã€‚ ç§ãŒçŸ¥ã£ã¦ã„る大抵壊れãŸæ—¥æœ¬èªžã‚’知りãªã•ã„

Aka. Ill do it if you really want.

you do know that they read from top to bottom? also, their grammar and sentence structure is likely to be different.

you do know that they read from top to bottom? also, their grammar and sentence structure is likely to be different.

Yes I know that. I know a little bit. Enough to get by when I visited Japan a few years back.

However it might not be worth it since I can only read enough to get by.

I admit I am better at German

Ok, got the mod, made it into an omod, and installed it. Rather interesting armor. Got myself a full set, which consists of a couple different options for upper and lowers, and the helms seem to come in several pieces, several of which can be worn over a standard helm? Which strikes me as odd, and possibly not intentioned..... There are some missing textures etc, when wearing certain lowers, my legs disappeared, but, putting on boots fixed that, just a fairly minor issue. So, got my self decked out, and went and pissed off some guards. Was able to hold my own for quite some time, and take quite a few of them out, before duke patricks combat geometry mod bit me, and someone behind me one shotted me. Ooops..... So, there did not appear to be any problems in game, related to the armor that I could find.

Checked the nifs in nifscope, and didn't really see any problems, although, not sure if i would have seen one, unless it jumped out and bit me. There are no scripts on the armor, or anywhere else, though I must say I found it intersting to use a book as a chest? Odd choice, but, not game breaking.

Not sure what is going on there, could possibly be a conflict, and I wouldn't know with what, maybe run a conflict checker on your load list? and see if anything interesting comes up? Or, might also try reinstalling the mod, and see if that makes any difference.

If you are being hit by non-magic weapons, you are fine, if you are hit with a magic weapon, that is where the problem comes from.

I do not run any FX replacers, Magic overhauls, and the only UI mod I use is darnDarkUI.

I checked with OBMM for conflicts, the only one it found was a minor conflict and it was related to the IC District the chests were placed in.

Is it any magic weapon? Or some specific magic weapon? I don't know what the guards generally carry, but, i had a boatload of civilians involved as well. Not to mention various archer types....... (and that character is level 50 something...... not sure how much that effects guard equipment in my game though.)

The armor itself has no characteristics that look like it would make any difference on what you were getting whacked with. There are no scripts at all, and the conflict you report is indeed nothing to worry about. (it has to be there....) I would be really interested in the answers to the first two questions here.

If you are being hit by non-magic weapons, you are fine, if you are hit with a magic weapon, that is where the problem comes from.

I do not run any FX replacers, Magic overhauls, and the only UI mod I use is darnDarkUI.

I checked with OBMM for conflicts, the only one it found was a minor conflict and it was related to the IC District the chests were placed in.

You use a UI mod -do you have it configured to show spell durations as a arc-shaped line that diminishes, or as a numeric timer that ticks down? People who have used the numeric timer option have reported issues that arose from that before. Admittedly, this was mostly in regards to the trapped chests of OOO, but it's still a bit of info that might prove useful here.

i use the numeric counter and have never had any probs, and i use the same armor mod. i use that armor that he's tlking about on Darm-ma though, and we've been thru 2 oblivion gates. hard to miss magic damage there, but the game seems to do fine. maybe it is just the player that it happens on?

specifically, i use this one:

21568-4-1235829143.jpg

HeyYou: It is any magical weapon OR spell that causes damage when it hits you.

IF by chance, you have say, shock shield 25, then any shock damage UNDER 25 wont harm you or cause a CTD, but over will.

Guards normally just carry silver swords and silver bows (steel arrows). Civ's rarely carry magic weapons.

Green: I think I have one or both, because I do know there is a counter active on my game. I can try this sometime, just gotta switch out my Fallout 3 disc.

Glaedr: If you check the comments on the Nexus page, you will note Im not the only person having the problems BUT they did not put in a lot of info.

Just realized the pic also has my fav sword type in it :rofl: (fine steel)

Edited by Si-Shen

HeyYou: It is any magical weapon OR spell that causes damage when it hits you.

IF by chance, you have say, shock shield 25, then any shock damage UNDER 25 wont harm you or cause a CTD, but over will.

Guards normally just carry silver swords and silver bows (steel arrows). Civ's rarely carry magic weapons.

Green: I think I have one or both, because I do know there is a counter active on my game. I can try this sometime, just gotta switch out my Fallout 3 disc.

Glaedr: If you check the comments on the Nexus page, you will note Im not the only person having the problems BUT they did not put in a lot of info.

but i am using the correct armor, no? if not post a screen and i will go switch immediatly. left the two of em in an Oblivi gate so it shouldnt be hard to find a magical enemy.

Oblivion.esm

CM Partners.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Reznod_Mannequin.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

Knights.esp

DecoratorAssistant v1.1.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

Books of Oblivion.esp

Beautiful People.esp

StockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp

BattlehornCastleEnhanced.esp

Loot_All_Armor_SE.esp

Ancient Silver Armor.esp

Daedric Lord Armor.esp

The Black Cat Jewelry Store - Daedric Statues.esp

The Lost Spires.esp

AAbuiesdaqun.esp

Slof's Oblivion Robe Trader.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

Ani's Persocoms.esp

Hiyoko_Store.esp

Hentai_Compilation.esp

Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp

Xia_Nhary_TwilightAssassin.HGEC1.1Normal.esp

Daemon Queen Garb.esp

HGEC Black Templar Armor.esp

TrawlolsCorinthianGladiator.esp

Gianna.esp

WeynonRetreat.esp

DesuChan's Kawa-Khajiits.esp

DarkIllusionArmor.esp

Nightshade_Armor.esp

HGEC Crimson Eyecandy White.esp

StandingJOJO.esp

JOJOeffect.esp

EFGAddPose.esp

LostSwordOfTheAylied.esp

LostSwordOfTheAylied - Claymore Add-On.esp

LostSwordOfTheAylied - OBSE Add-On.esp

BlackLuster.esp

DesuChan's Better Eyja.esp

BWisteria.esp

HGEC_Draconic_Armor.esp

KF Chapel Shop.esp

alllll61-Druaga the Sword of URUK-Fatina.esp

HGEC Dantes Clothes - EV.esp

VA_UniqueKatana1.esp

VA_FemmeDaedricHelmet.esp

VA_DaedricPriestessArmour.esp

Argent Iron Armor.esp

Eternal Dragon Armor.esp

Exnem Leather Iron Warrior.esp

ExnemEC_Warrior01.esp

ares-HGEC.esp

77_Umpa_Animation.esp

R18PN - Amy Armor Set.esp

R18PN - Mizugi set.esp

R18PN - Ayumi Set.esp

SchwarzeKatzeArmor.esp

DHuntress.esp

Lich King's Helm v1_0.esp

DPBAQueen'sMinion.esp

Colourwheels Sexy Bank.esp

GreenNGold Amazon armor for Exnem body.esp

SMYB Love Female Only.esp

ArynnsDemonatrixHGEC.esp

Umarils Armor Separate - EV.esp

VA_BetterGold.esp

CTAddPose_osr1.esp

CTAddPose_osr2.esp

CTAddPose_osr3.esp

Naughty_Joana_01.esp

Maigrets House Cats.esp

EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp

EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp

EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp

HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp

alllll61s-blueness lion armor.esp

alllll61-Saint Silver armor.esp

JG Elven.esp

Colourwheels Sexy SI Armor & Clothing Replacer.esp

ANB_Emerald_Sorceress_Armor.esp

Retma Dresses.esp

ExoticLongsword.esp

DesuChan's BlackLuster Armor Recoloured.esp

Slof's Playable Xivilai.esp

Slof's Playable Xivilai - 2-hand Weapons.esp

Halcyon House.esp

Armory of the Silver Dragon.esp

Dread Knight Armor.esp

Morrigan Armor Set v1_0.esp

Morrigan Swords Axes and Shield by Jojjo v1_1.esp

EY_BM_Armory.esp

SK_Berserk_v0.6.esp

Apachii_Heroes_Store.esp

gurthang.esp

Valus Cottage.esp

EY_KazaiPhantasm.esp

Maigrets Pet Fox.esp

EY_AoD.esp

EY_Spellsword.esp

Castle_Seaview.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

Snow Line Lodge.esp

Satu Ra - Lord of Beasts.esp

DesuChan's Macabre Dancer.esp

PSO01.esp

AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set.esp

AT2 Nise Anne Aomor.esp

SPB Bakunyuu Sentai Busty Knights.esp

AT2 VH Robe Set.esp

Holy Cathedral.esp

Unholy Cathedral.esp

AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set.esp

Mithris_HGEC.esp

SexyWitchPoses.esp

Gizmodian Aurora Blade.esp

Well that really didn't help much...... hhhmmmm.... There are a few mods I don't recognize, but, none that I can see that should cause this. Something I don't see though, is a bashed batch..... and I suspect that you need one.

Are you playing a custom race? Do you only get the crash while wearing that particular armor? and taking magic damage, greater than your protections?

I dont even have Wyre Bash installed so that would be why there is no bashed patch.

Im playing the custom race Kawa Khajiits, and yes, ONLY that one set of armour and ONLY when taking magical damage greater then the protection.

I still have not tried Green's suggestion, I hope to get to it sometime this week if work permits.

Edited by Si-Shen

I dont even have Wyre Bash installed so that would be why there is no bashed patch.

Im playing the custom race Kawa Khajiits, and yes, ONLY that one set of armour and ONLY when taking magical damage greater then the protection.

I still have not tried Green's suggestion, I hope to get to it sometime this week if work permits.

Does that race have any special abilities/weaknesses to magic? Although, given the circumstances in which this problem occurs, I doubt that has anything to do with it........ I will try and run some more tests with the armor, and see if I can't find some folks willing to cast spells at me.... That shouldn't be too hard.

aa_biggrin.gif

update, I tried Greenies suggestion, the numerical timer is not the cause.

Note on the Kawa Khajiit's, although its the same stats as a normal Khajiit, its still a custom class.

Will update this post when I have tested the armour - no enchantment.

Ok.. so tested, again, made sure the timer was off, unenchated armour took several hits of shock from a spider daedra, infact I was taking a beating, THEN suddenly a CTD.

I enchanted it all with sigil stones 20% shield on each piece, and the CTD occured but with a slight delay, you would almost swear that it happened when I got hit in the back with a mace right after the lightning.

The problem is that does not co-oberate my previous results, where a simple blast from magic (non-weapon based) could cause it.

Just putting this out there, BUT could this CTD be caused by a corrupt file in my copy of the DL?

Edited by Si-Shen

update, I tried Greenies suggestion, the numerical timer is not the cause.

Note on the Kawa Khajiit's, although its the same stats as a normal Khajiit, its still a custom class.

Will update this post when I have tested the armour - no enchantment.

Ok.. so tested, again, made sure the timer was off, unenchated armour took several hits of shock from a spider daedra, infact I was taking a beating, THEN suddenly a CTD.

I enchanted it all with sigil stones 20% shield on each piece, and the CTD occured but with a slight delay, you would almost swear that it happened when I got hit in the back with a mace right after the lightning.

The problem is that does not co-oberate my previous results, where a simple blast from magic (non-weapon based) could cause it.

Just putting this out there, BUT could this CTD be caused by a corrupt file in my copy of the DL?

AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set.esp

AT2 02-Shiki Armor Set.esp

Whats the difference between one and two here?

I don't see any combat mods..... so, that probably isn't it......

I really don't have any idea why it would be doing that....... If you are getting the CTD even without enchanting the armor..... Try the

re-download, and reinstalling it.

AT2 01 and 02 are for 2 different armour selections, they are just similar in name, I think the armour is loosly based off of Valkery Profile.

I guess I will try to re-download the mod and re-install it, thankfully OMODS are easy to uninstal! Thanks for your help HeyYou!