DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Best way to play a vampire

Glaedr

lol, ya, i dabble w/ it a bit, but it is lacking. there is a nice mod, The Curse of Hirecane that lets you become a werewolf. its great fun, but still in beta stage. feeding and howling need 3rd person anims.

Curse of Hiricine is awesome, me loves werewolves aa_tongue.gif

However Oblivion vampires are not worthwhile. I mean it's not like there are any good quests linked to it either? In Oblivion it is really bad to become a vampire. At least unmodded.

i recenlty found a bug in that mod though. If you go to the testinghall right before your spose to change, you wont change, and wont change anymore after that, but you will still have all the stats of the disease. so in other words i now have a 200% resistance to disease. :lmao:

i recenlty found a bug in that mod though. If you go to the testinghall right before your spose to change, you wont change, and wont change anymore after that, but you will still have all the stats of the disease. so in other words i now have a 200% resistance to disease. :lmao:

Cool but useless for us argonians :doh:

Anyway let's get back on topic to vampires aa_tongue.gif

Mannimagnus's Guide to Vampirism:

1st, If you have a home in a city, and looking for a late night meal, the beggars are ideal.

2nd, If you can, avoid all fire attacks, best advised to not use the lord birthsign with a Vampire character.

3rd, If you are strong enough, do the Nocturnal quest, and get the Skeleton Key, it will make it easier to break into any house to nab the neck of your neighbor, or if you have an alteration skill of 75, and have access to the Arcane University, make a spell which will unlock any door with a very hard lock and below, just as good and quicker.

4th, A custom class with all the Vampire skills and 2 of its attributes will make a better Vampire.

5th, If you travel alot in Dungeons, dont drink blood, if you travel alot out doors, drink blood regularly, but not too much!, too much will hasten you to your next level of Vampirism.

6th, If your in the middle of the main quest, Cloud Ruler Temple is litterally a one person banquet!.

7th, No, you cant just waltz into a Vampire lair and expect a warm welcome, all the Vampire WILL attack you!. [Traitors]

8th, And no, you wont get the bat ability, but maybe a mod will do that eventually.

9th, If you purchase items and talk to people regularly, as a full Vampire, they will shout you away, best to either drink blood, or use a charm spell on them so they will talk to you.

10th, The Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary is a haven, no one will complain if you drink them, and no guards can enter.

Hope I helped, btw, I love the Werewolf mod!, cant wait for its final!. aa_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

somewhere out there, i knew there was a castle dracula. ;)

ya know what? playing a werewolf seems to be a lot like playing a vampire. beggars are my first choice for meals, ppl tend to hate you, its more of an annoyance than fun...

• 4 months later...

I've spent some time as a vampire in Vanilla.

It is slightly more annoying then it is cool.

Here's my tip if you end up in town at mid-day taking sun damage:

Get yourself to the nearest guard barracks.

It seems counter-intuitive, and there is some danger but it's the one place in every city were you are basically garunteed a meal at any time. They sleep in shifts