DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

showracemenu tweak

Glaedr

alright, i read that you can use the "showracemenu" command to edit your race in game, but if you hit done then all of your stats will go to the default. according to wiki, i have to exit the menu w/ my console up, then save and reload.

Using this menu will reset all of your skills to their default initial settings. (If you edit your race, instead of clicking "done" when you are done, leave the race menu open with the console up and save your game. When you reload it your race/looks will be changed like you wanted them to be and your skills will not be reset.) Using this command while wearing bound items may crash the game.

so how do you exit the menu w/ the console up? that is the part that is confusing me.

EDIT: ok, i misread it. i guess i have to save while i have the menu up? i tried this and it said i couldnt save it...

I usually write "keep the console open" for the very reason of "unable to save". You can only save when the console is open. Usually you can also open the console again when you're finished and want to save, but in my experience this doesn't always work.

I usually write "keep the console open" for the very reason of "unable to save". You can only save when the console is open. Usually you can also open the console again when you're finished and want to save, but in my experience this doesn't always work.

I seem to recall it always takes a couple of attempts to persuade it to save. Of course I never document it so I can never remember exactly what to do from one instance of showracemenu to the next, except to be persistent with it!