DOWNLOAD MODS

Are you looking for something shiny for your load order? We have many exclusive mods and resources you won't find anywhere else. Start your search now...

LEARN MODDING

Ready to try your hand at making your own mod creations? Visit the Enclave, the original ES/FO modding school, and learn the tricks of the trade from veteran modders...

JOIN THE ALLIANCE

Membership is free and registering unlocks image galleries, project hosting, live chat, unlimited downloads, & more...

Texturing help

The_Laughing_Man

In nifskope the mesh I have is all white. The guide says to just rename it and it will work. Well What does that mean? I have the mesh on my desktop. And changing the name does not seem to do anything. Maybe I am just reading it wrong

You might see the mesh looking all white, even though the "nisourcetexture" node in NifSkope has a texture there. This is because the texture is in a different folder than NifSkope expects. Rename it to the correct one (BSAS/textures/armor/leyawiincuirass.dds or whatever) and the texture should appear.

Is what I do not get. Does that mean the texture needs to be with the mesh or what?

Not if they have different names than vanilla. If you have custom files in your data folder and you haven't renamed 'em, take 'em out, or rename them before you copy/paste. But nothing will be overwritten that has a different name.

Well, anytime you unzip a mod into your data folder, this is what happens. A warning pops up that there's already a folder named XXX, and that files will be overwritten. It's basically the same thing here.

I think I wondered for some time about the in and out folders before I just figured that's the holding bin - mine's 6.5 GB, but I have everything out.

EDIT - I'm sure I've forgotten something, or am ignorant of something. A master will come and add soon. Always happens...:P

Lol I am still confused. I just wanna edit the stuff and now overwrite anything in my game...yet...maybe I missed something. Ill go read the walkthoughs again

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Better_Retextures_:_Detailed_Guide_For_NifSkope_and_the_GIMP

Is what I am going by. Can't get past step 1 lol.

AHA! Got it

The source texture file was in correct.

Nope - I gotcha about NS not showing textures. All my blathering has been about throwing the out folder into Data so the Textures can show up. But you got it to work somehow, so cool.

My issue was about the texture path.

It was not finding the texture for the armor.

Lets say

Blades

It got the Mesh up fine

However when it went to find the texture for said armor it did not go to the correct place (I assume it went to my data file. Which is not in use because of a armor/weapon texture over haul mod)

Yes, the texture path. :P That's what I've been attempting to help you with. But now that I know you don't use your Data folder I can't help! I have no idea how you can do anything without using the Data folder! :P

But that's just me. Major Vanilla. :P

Yes, the texture path. :P That's what I've been attempting to help you with. But now that I know you don't use your Data folder I can't help! I have no idea how you can do anything without using the Data folder! :P

But that's just me. Major Vanilla. :P

Ahh lol. I am not even sure if its vanilla or roberts.

Ahh lol. I am not even sure if its vanilla or roberts.

Morning TLM. Have you checked out the tuts offered by Insanity Sorrow (painting),Dark Rider(blanket), or Vince`s "Texturing 101". These contain the same steps you`ll be needing. I was able to retex my brumaHouse roof and chimney using the info from there sources.